Sunday, August 19, 2018 • Evening Edition • "If you loved Hotel Rwanda, you'll love The Outhouse."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

DC Movie Producer Admits No Backup Plan For Bad Projects

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

achilles

Rain Partier

Postby achilles » Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:36 am

zryson wrote:Brand new image from Wonder Woman 1984

In other news, Gal Gadot, still beautiful.

zryson

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby zryson » Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:41 am

Meanwhile in a great apartment building, mild mannered Diana Prince, otherwise known as Wonder Woman is sitting on the sofa indulging multiple TV channels and catching up on episodes of Dallas (which she ships home to her appreciative Amazonian mother via pigeon express). Seriously though, that picture is stunning but what's with all the color in the still? Must be an unofficial pic.

zryson

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby zryson » Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:00 pm

Its the movie that will not die

DCEU Storyboard Artist Confirms Zack Snyder’s Entire Cut Of Justice League Was Shot
http://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/dceu ... ce-league/

zryson

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby zryson » Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:04 pm

Yes, Avengers Infinity War has now passed $2 billion becoming just the fourth movie in history to do so and there's one final glance at that other superhero supergroup

Infinity War Domestic Box Office Now Higher Than Justice League’s Global Take
https://screenrant.com/avengers-infinit ... ce-league/

zryson

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby zryson » Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:50 am

Flash moving at a not-so-fast speed and really do audiences even care at this point?

‘The Flash’ Director Believes Film Can Hit Theaters By 2020
https://heroichollywood.com/flash-direc ... ters-2020/

zryson

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby zryson » Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:52 am

The Batman Is a Reboot That Still Takes Place in the DCEU?

"Essentially, they want to develop this Batman movie as if it is a reboot. But they're not gonna make any overt statements about it. They're just gonna make a movie about a younger Batman. I believe it takes place in the past, which will create a backdoor for if they ever do want to cross-pollinate him with the other DC characters again."

https://movieweb.com/the-batman-movie-reboot-dceu/

achilles

Rain Partier

Postby achilles » Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:27 pm

So why is Margot Robbie's butt apparently running the BOP movie? And why are they bothering with making one if the give approval over everything to it?

I mean, that butt had approval over the director for a movie that the character really has little business with....and also has it over the cast? And has promised a "diverse cast"? Where exactly do you get that diversity in the core idea of the BOP team? You got your Oracle, Barbara Gordon, a red headed white woman. You got your Black Canary, a blonde white woman. You got your Huntress, an Italian black haired white woman. Beyond that I can maybe see fitting in a Cassandra Cain Batgirl, which would give you an Asian woman, and maybe a Shiva, which would give you another....but that's about it. If you expand much beyond that for a first BOP movie you miss the point and the vibe of the thing in the first place. I was a female buddy cop type thing with street level supeheroines. BTW, notice who isn't in that list....the character played so well by Margot Robbie's butt.

I mean how did she get that influence? It wasn't like she was a breakaway star in SS. She was merely one of the brightest lights in a waste of space movie. The tallest midget in other words. Not say DC's version of Robert Downey Jr, not that they have one.

Seems that DC and WB still haven't learned their lesson, giving control of their properties to people who have no business having it and don't deserve it, and going on with the enforced diversity parade, which I assume will mean that Huntress will become what Terry Gilliam termed a "BLT, a Black Lesbian in Transition", which will also mess with the movie.

Still, perhaps I shouldn't be surprised given the weird criticism about Ant-Man and the Wasp.... :roll:

SporkBot

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby SporkBot » Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:16 pm

achilles wrote:I mean, that butt had approval over the director for a movie that the character really has little business with....and also has it over the cast? And has promised a "diverse cast"? Where exactly do you get that diversity in the core idea of the BOP team? You got your Oracle, Barbara Gordon, a red headed white woman. You got your Black Canary, a blonde white woman. You got your Huntress, an Italian black haired white woman. Beyond that I can maybe see fitting in a Cassandra Cain Batgirl, which would give you an Asian woman, and maybe a Shiva, which would give you another....but that's about it.

Don't give them ideas. They couldn't even get someone to write her competently in the comics, I don't want to think about what the people screwing up the movies would do to her.

achilles

Rain Partier

Postby achilles » Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:21 pm

SporkBot wrote:
Don't give them ideas. They couldn't even get someone to write her competently in the comics, I don't want to think about what the people screwing up the movies would do to her.

Don't worry, they don't listen to me. And frankly, I agree, I want my favorites at this point to just stay out of it, until they get better people to write them. Which might mean a wait, but better that than the kind of crap they've been putting out.

zryson

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby zryson » Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:43 pm

Chessack

Great Scott!!!

Postby Chessack » Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:48 pm

SporkBot wrote:Don't give them ideas. They couldn't even get someone to write her competently in the comics, I don't want to think about what the people screwing up the movies would do to her.

You can be certain they would find new and innovative ways to screw her up, along with everything else.

OneWhoIsAll

Expert Post Whore

Postby OneWhoIsAll » Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:01 pm

They wouldn't dare have two Asian women in the same movie. It would be one more than their quota.

John Strange

Snake On A Plane

Postby John Strange » Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:09 pm

The Joker movie with Joaquin Phoenix was just confirmed. So... Jared Leto is out? Warner doesn't have a plan at all... maybe the plan is to get producers to fund movies with well known characters and pray for them to succeed.

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:54 pm

Well, John, here is a bit of backstory to Warner Bros plans for this first of a batch of new DC origin movies:

"The Joker" will be part of a new brand of DC Comics movies at Warner Bros. and won’t be connected to the DCEU. Instead, it will be a much lower budget movie (in the $55 million range) and “more experimental in tone and content”

You guys bitched about Leto as the Joker and now you're bitching about Leto not playing him. :lol:

achilles

Rain Partier

Postby achilles » Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:33 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:Well, John, here is a bit of backstory to Warner Bros plans for this first of a batch of new DC origin movies:

You guys bitched about Leto as the Joker and now you're bitching about Leto not playing him. :lol:

I don't know about "you guys", but not me. I'm bitching about there being a Joker movie at all, much less more than one. He's a bad guy, a supporting character; we don't need to know his origin. Or really much at all about him beyond what would be revealed in a movie with Batman; and we've already had a couple of those.

leave a comment with facebook