Wednesday, November 14, 2018 • Midnight Edition • "Bring your own straight jacket."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

DC Movie Producer Admits No Backup Plan For Bad Projects

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron

Rain Partier

Postby LOLtron » Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:15 pm

DC Movie Producer Admits No Backup Plan For Bad Projects

It's pretty much full steam ahead over there.

Source: The Hollywood Reporter

In a long interview with The Hollywood Reporter, historic movie producer Charles Roven remarked about his time producing Warner Bros. DC films. Roven had a successful 2016 producing three pictures that together have earned more than $2 billion at the box office: Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice, Warcraft: The Beginning and Suicide Squad. He admitted to a large flaw in Warner Bros' plan for the DC movies.

The studio made me the producer of all the DC movies, and they announced eight. When we finished the [timetable], we looked at each other and said, "This is incredibly ambitious, but we haven't taken into consideration if something goes wrong." We also hadn't decided where we were going to shoot those movies. As difficult as it was for me to commute from Toronto to London to Italy, it became really clear I couldn't do the job that I do as a producer [with Aquaman likely to shoot in Australia]. I'm for sure producing the sequels of the movies that I have made.

There's no contingency plan set in place if any of the movies run into issues. This news comes out as The Flash has had two directors leave in 2016. DC was very ambitious when the announced their future movie plans, 10 movies in 5 years. The list is below.

• "Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice," directed by Zack Snyder (2016)
  • "Suicide Squad," directed by David Ayer (2016)
  • "Wonder Woman," starring Gal Gadot (2017)
  • "Justice League Part One," directed by Zack Snyder, with Ben Affleck, Henry Cavill and Amy Adams reprising their roles (2017)
  • "The Flash," starring Ezra Miller (2018)
  • "Aquaman," starring Jason Momoa (2018)
  • "Shazam" (2019)"Justice League Part Two," directed by Zack Snyder (2019)
  • "Cyborg," starring Ray Fisher (2020)
  • "Green Lantern" (2020)

Written or Contributed by Tim Midura

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

SporkBot

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby SporkBot » Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:09 pm

Meanwhile, in other news that should come as a surprise to no one...

Chessack

Great Scott!!!

Postby Chessack » Sat Dec 24, 2016 10:51 am

Looks like they're gonna just keep backing this horse.

Which is fine. Saves me tons of money at the over-priced movie theater.

Spacedog

Expert Post Whore

Postby Spacedog » Sat Dec 24, 2016 11:55 am

These days I think it's common knowledge that DC/WB is ruled by clueless people on multiple levels, from top to bottom.

They can twist it all they want, but SS and BvS are expensive turds devoid of creativity and respect for its source material.

But fear not. Geoff Johns will save the cinematic DCU. The same Johns who "goes along" and never questions the opinions and directives of guys like Zack Snyder - and always seizes every opportunity to lick the boss's boots.

The Shadow

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby The Shadow » Sat Dec 24, 2016 3:06 pm

DC doesn't have a plan for its comics... why would anyone expect it does for the movies?

achilles

Rain Partier

Postby achilles » Sat Dec 24, 2016 3:17 pm

They don't understand, snorting coke off naked hookers is fine AFTER you've got the movie done and it's made $1 billion plus at the world box office...

Draco x

Hopscotch

Postby Draco x » Sat Dec 24, 2016 6:58 pm

Chessack wrote:Looks like they're gonna just keep backing this horse.

I know I saved some money but not watching B V S or the movie they tried to pass off as Suicide Squad this year. If my premonitions about Wonder Woman are also right, I may wait till that comes out on DVD before paying to actually watch it in a theatre.

zryson

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby zryson » Sat Dec 24, 2016 8:12 pm

Chessack wrote:Looks like they're gonna just keep backing this horse.

Warner Bros have two priorities when it comes to franchises. Fantastic Beasts (the new Harry Potter prequel) and the DCCU.

zryson

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby zryson » Sat Dec 24, 2016 8:15 pm

Draco x wrote:
I know I saved some money but not watching B V S or the movie they tried to pass off as Suicide Squad this year. If my premonitions about Wonder Woman are also right, I may wait till that comes out on DVD before paying to actually watch it in a theatre.

Wonder Woman is the first step in the new direction Warner Bros superhero franchise is heading in so hopefully the movie works. Something on the scale of Doctor Strange critically and box office would be a triumph for Warner Bros and a much needed confidence boost. Justice League will also be much lighter, more comical as the League tries to gets its various members (Batman will have a wry sense of humor, being more positive due to the death of Superman) and The Flash will be annoying everybody in the League (masking his pain with humor.)

Chessack

Great Scott!!!

Postby Chessack » Sat Dec 24, 2016 9:17 pm

Draco x wrote:I know I saved some money but not watching B V S or the movie they tried to pass off as Suicide Squad this year. If my premonitions about Wonder Woman are also right, I may wait till that comes out on DVD before paying to actually watch it in a theatre.

I refuse to dignify the Snyderverse by watching any of it, after seeing MoS once to give it a chance, and hating it with the white hot intensity of a thousand suns.

SporkBot

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby SporkBot » Sat Dec 24, 2016 9:26 pm

zryson wrote:Wonder Woman is the first step in the new direction Warner Bros superhero franchise is heading in so hopefully the movie works. Something on the scale of Doctor Strange critically and box office would be a triumph for Warner Bros and a much needed confidence boost. Justice League will also be much lighter, more comical as the League tries to gets its various members (Batman will have a wry sense of humor, being more positive due to the death of Superman) and The Flash will be annoying everybody in the League (masking his pain with humor.)

The last time Snyder went through with something he thought was "fun", Jimmy Olsen was shot in the head.

Claims that his next film will have more "humor" does not entice me to see it.

achilles

Rain Partier

Postby achilles » Sat Dec 24, 2016 10:27 pm

SporkBot wrote:
The last time Snyder went through with something he thought was "fun", Jimmy Olsen was shot in the head.

Claims that his next film will have more "humor" does not entice me to see it.

I think Jimmy Olsen getting shot in the head WAS his idea of humor... :shock:

SporkBot

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby SporkBot » Sun Dec 25, 2016 10:13 am

achilles wrote:I think Jimmy Olsen getting shot in the head WAS his idea of humor...

'Course, from another perspective, his death...and Mercy's...could be seen as a, well...mercy. For those characters, at least.

zryson

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby zryson » Sun Dec 25, 2016 10:25 am

achilles wrote:They don't understand, snorting coke off naked hookers is fine AFTER you've got the movie done and it's made $1 billion plus at the world box office...

Naked hookers built Hollywood. Ask Charlie Sheen!

zryson

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby zryson » Sun Dec 25, 2016 10:26 am

achilles wrote:
I think Jimmy Olsen getting shot in the head WAS his idea of humor... :shock:

It was which is probably why Zack Snyder doesn't get invited to many Halloween parties. Can you imagine the body count?

leave a comment with facebook