Friday, May 27, 2016 • Midnight Edition • "Yellow journalism at its finest."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

7 Movies Based on a True Story (That Are Complete Bullshit)

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:44 pm

Spiderrob wrote:This is his motivational speaker bio:

Against all odds on a gridiron in South Bend, Indiana, Daniel "Rudy" Ruettiger, in twenty-seven seconds, carved his name into history books as perhaps the most famous graduate of the University of Notre Dame.

yeah, b/c nobody's EVER heard of that Joe Montana guy... :roll: :roll:

wotta douche.

rdrsfn82

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby rdrsfn82 » Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:53 pm

chap22 wrote:yeah, b/c nobody's EVER heard of that Joe Montana guy... :roll: :roll:

wotta douche.

Or Tim Brown. Or Condelezza Rice. Or Regis Philbin. Or Knute Rockne, Charlie Weis, Jerome Bettis, Earl Lambeau, Carl Yastrzemski, Adrian Dantley, or anyone else.

What an ass.

Zechs

Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:59 pm

rdrsfn82 wrote:I say yes, but I'm the forgiving type. Besides I like to think of him more as Fat Hobbit.

Bah he's a Fat Stupid Hobbit!! Who tried to deny reunion with the precious!!

DeadFett

Outhouse Editor

Postby DeadFett » Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:09 pm

I can't believe Bob Dylan would lie to me. :(

misac

Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:16 pm

Bruce Lee fighting a warrior-demon should be on the list. :P

Lord Simian

The Lord of the Monkeys

Postby Lord Simian » Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:10 pm

DeadFett wrote:I can't believe Bob Dylan would lie to me. :(

He's been doing it for centuries. He's an immortal, like the Highlander. You can always tell when he's assumed a new identity by the same mumbly slightly incoherent feel to his music.

He's currently going under the name Springsteen. :)

Royal Nonesuch

Staff Writer

Postby Royal Nonesuch » Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:07 pm

I always loved the fact that The Coen Brothers used the "based on a true story" tag for Fargo, even though they completely made the whole thing up, just because they thought it would be more interesting. :-D

Zechs

Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:04 pm

Royal Nonesuch wrote:I always loved the fact that The Coen Brothers used the "based on a true story" tag for Fargo, even though they completely made the whole thing up, just because they thought it would be more interesting. :-D

Aren't all slasher films based on "true" stories? :P

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:26 pm

chap22 wrote:yeah, b/c nobody's EVER heard of that Joe Montana guy... :roll: :roll:

wotta douche.

George Gipp could kick Rudy's @$$ on his deathbed.

DeadFett

Outhouse Editor

Postby DeadFett » Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:26 am

Lord Simian wrote:
He's currently going under the name Springsteen. :)

Don't insult Bob Dylan that way.

Doc Jon

Rain Partier

Postby Doc Jon » Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:45 am

Patch Adams should be on that list as well.

I actaully got to meet the real Patch Adams and asked him how he felt about the movie. He said it wasn't a good movie and didn't really reflect his life at all.

The reason why he got into trouble was because he was political, but all that stuff was cut out of the film in lieu of comedy. Also, his friend who died was a guy, not a girl. The studio felt it would have more impact if it were a love interest that had died.

Got to love Hollywood.

Doc Jon

Rain Partier

Postby Doc Jon » Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:47 am

And the Bruce Lee movie should definitely be on there.

Didn't Lee end up in the hospital because of lifting something rather than an ancient ritual to settle disputes in martial arts instruction? :D

leave a comment with facebook