Saturday, July 23, 2016 • Morning Edition • "We Wipe Last. Not Before."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

So much for free trade!

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

nietoperz

The Goddamn Bat-min

Postby nietoperz » Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:00 am

UEFA, the governing body of European football is demanding that the fast food place connected to a stadium where their youth championships are being held closes for the duration of the tournament. Why? Well, because McDonalds is one of their sponsors!

That really makes my blood boil! :evil:

kingbobb

Great Scott!!!

Postby kingbobb » Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:59 am

Hey, I've got an idea...if McDs is so worried about the competition...how about putting out a better product?

About the only time we ever eat McDs is when we go to the Field museum. The only other on-campus food is a Corner Bakery, which besides being even more overpriced than normal, it's also usually overcrowded. With the kids, we need seats more than ever, so we just don't go.

And lugging food for 4 isn't exactly easy, either. I like to think their sign says "6 billion OTHER people served since you were last here...."

MoneyMelon

Chief Yankee Wanker

Postby MoneyMelon » Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:24 am

That's bullshit

kingbobb

Great Scott!!!

Postby kingbobb » Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:10 pm

MoneyMelon wrote:That's bullshit

No, really, we only eat at McD's when we go to the Museum.....

Oh, chances are, you weren't referring to me....

DeadFett

Outhouse Editor

Postby DeadFett » Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:37 pm

McDs sucks. I only eat there out of desperation. And what they're doing in this situation is total bullshit.

L Independant

25 To Life

Postby L Independant » Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:38 pm

Dumb.

MoneyMelon

Chief Yankee Wanker

Postby MoneyMelon » Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:47 pm

kingbobb wrote:No, really, we only eat at McD's when we go to the Museum.....

Oh, chances are, you weren't referring to me....

I wasn't referring to you.

I meant that's a bullshit policy about the place by the stadium having to shut down the fast food place.

misac

Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:46 pm

That's messed up.

fieldy snuts

Rain Partier

Postby fieldy snuts » Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:57 pm

lmao @ UEFA making demands of mcdonalds. shouldnt they be more worried about dealing wit the upcoming champions league?

Severed Djed

Bastard #1

Postby Severed Djed » Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:01 pm

That's just wrong.

kingbobb

Great Scott!!!

Postby kingbobb » Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:33 am

Severed Djed wrote:That's just wrong.

In the US, it'd probably be illegal.

L Independant

25 To Life

Postby L Independant » Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:28 am

kingbobb wrote:In the US, it'd probably be illegal.
Actually, that'd be illegal under WTO auspices, too. If the restaurant had the might, they could take it there...only they'd just be awarded damages AFTER the fact given that disputes take typically...18 months?

nietoperz

The Goddamn Bat-min

Postby nietoperz » Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:49 am

Actually, I can't see the Swedish authorities letting this happen - but it's the arrogance that leads to such demands that pisses me off the most.

L Independant

25 To Life

Postby L Independant » Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:51 am

nietoperz wrote:Actually, I can't see the Swedish authorities letting this happen - but it's the arrogance that leads to such demands that pisses me off the most.
Take the family and start picketing!

nietoperz

The Goddamn Bat-min

Postby nietoperz » Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:05 am

I think not.

leave a comment with facebook