Thursday, July 28, 2016 • Evening Edition • "We put the lotion in the basket."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Muppets...

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Eric Ratcliffe

Staff Writer

Postby Eric Ratcliffe » Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:17 am

Not seeing pepe in the trailer saddened me. Everyone else was in the trailer except for him.

Pepe was the best addition to the muppets ever. What was the name of the stupid reggae puppet they tried to replace rolph with in the 90's?

sdsichero

2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Postby sdsichero » Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:39 am

doombug wrote:Not seeing pepe in the trailer saddened me. Everyone else was in the trailer except for him.

Pepe was the best addition to the muppets ever. What was the name of the stupid reggae puppet they tried to replace rolph with in the 90's?

Don't remember any prominent reggae puppets. Clifford had dreadlocks, but he wasn't very reggae. I also don't think he was there to replace Rowlf.

Rockman

Rain Partier

Postby Rockman » Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:37 am

dairydead wrote:I really really hope that in effort to "get back to the classics", they don't forget about Pepe. The dude is easily one of the best muppets ever, and its unfortunate he has to be associated with the not-so-golden age of the Muppets

I like pepe too but I don't be too upset if he isn't in it as long as they make a good movie.

My favorite muppet is probably rolf and he basically gets the least amount of screen time of all of them.

dairydead

Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby dairydead » Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:45 am

sdsichero wrote:
So do you want Pepe included in this movie?

:P

It's definitely not official, but he is listed on the wikia page for the movie...

http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/The_Muppets_(2011)

lol totally forgot i already posted that in this thread, oh well. :P

dairydead

Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby dairydead » Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:54 am

sdsichero wrote:
Don't remember any prominent reggae puppets. Clifford had dreadlocks, but he wasn't very reggae. I also don't think he was there to replace Rowlf.

Yeah, I'm sure he was talking about Clifford, but he had been around for a little while at least before he was the host of "Muppets Tonight". The only similarities i can think of is that they both have laid back attitudes. Clifford is whatever though, never been a huge fan.

dairydead

Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby dairydead » Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:00 pm

doombug wrote:Not seeing pepe in the trailer saddened me. Everyone else was in the trailer except for him.

Bobo is pretty great too, and I'm glad that he has a relatively prominent role in the new movie. And if you pause it at the scene where kermit is talking to a crowd of muppets, Pepe is in the front on the left hand side of the screen. At least he's in it, but i doubt he's featured. :x

Eric Ratcliffe

Staff Writer

Postby Eric Ratcliffe » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:55 pm

dairydead wrote:
Bobo is pretty great too, and I'm glad that he has a relatively prominent role in the new movie. And if you pause it at the scene where kermit is talking to a crowd of muppets, Pepe is in the front on the left hand side of the screen. At least he's in it, but i doubt he's featured. :x

Which is weird because writing wise, he's perfect for Segel's sensibilities. he's also a perfect henson muppt in my opinion.

And goddamn I love bobo.

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:43 pm

Herald

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby Herald » Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:10 pm

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:51 pm

The Muppets Head to RAW

According to WWE.com, The Muppets are headed to RAW for the Halloween show, October 31st, from Atlanta to plug their new movie, "The Muppets," which opens on Thanksgiving. Oh, and also to provide RAW with their best celebrity guests ever!

Schlemmer

Rain Partier

Postby Schlemmer » Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:17 pm

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:19 pm

The trailers I've seen for this aren't funny at all. Jason Segel sucks.

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:33 pm

Bunch of Muppets promo images posted at IGN...

http://media.movies.ign.com/media/142/14240787/imgs_1.html

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:29 am

Was someone crying for Pepe?

:-D

avengingtitan

Rain Partier

Postby avengingtitan » Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:38 am

Schlemmer wrote:Image

Hahaha Thats awesome.

Whenever I hear someone talking about The Muppets I hear the Muppet Babies theme in my head.

leave a comment with facebook