Advertisement

Music Listening

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Amy Terror
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 0 post
Title: The Terrible Threes

Postby Amy Terror » Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:15 pm

Jude Terror wrote:TheFourthman got me checking out Wilco, and I've liked it a lot. Looking for some more stuff I've ignored out of hatred over the past twenty years that might be good.

I know you've been fighting it as long as you can, but I still can't get you to finally admit that you love some Radiohead? (you know you do, don't lie... it won't make you less cool)

I want to check out UNKLE when I get the chance. I love the song Rabbit in Your Headlights, which Tom Yorke wrote for them and I think I want to give the rest of their stuff a go.

Advertisement

Kerny
Review Grouper

Title: All-American American

Postby Kerny » Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:25 pm

JL_Amato wrote:Keb, this is old as hell but have you listened to Jay Electronica's Exhibit C?

I wish he would put out an album or mixtape or something. He always seems to pop up for a kickass song or snippet and go back into hiding

UnknownEric
Swedish Pinata of Death

Title: The industry's #1 newspaper.
Formerly: SlickRick

Postby UnknownEric » Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:29 pm

Lately I've been getting seriously into Los Campesinos!, Vivian Girls, and Slow Club. (I know I'm way late to the party with most of these bands, but I went through about 2 years of listening to no new music at all, so...)

eltopo
Twenty-Something

Title: The greatest poster ever
Formerly: Mister Fister, Johhny Assplay,TerriG

Postby eltopo » Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:31 pm

Amy Terror wrote:I know you've been fighting it as long as you can, but I still can't get you to finally admit that you love some Radiohead? (you know you do, don't lie... it won't make you less cool)

I want to check out UNKLE when I get the chance. I love the song Rabbit in Your Headlights, which Tom Yorke wrote for them and I think I want to give the rest of their stuff a go.

I like the song with yorke but the rest of Unkle's stuff didn't do anything for me

eltopo
Twenty-Something

Postby eltopo » Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:37 pm

Zombi - somewhere between Rush and Goblin you have Zombi's brand of progressive electronic rock music

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fSBO7f_g9Lk&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fSBO7f_g9Lk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/t8e3eVYi91Q&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/t8e3eVYi91Q&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

AaronW
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby AaronW » Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:41 pm

Bought the new Overkill album, Ironbound. Its a raging slab of blistering thrash metal. Modern production but with a nice classic feel in places. Bobby Blitz is still the man and whomever they have on the guitars these days are just laying down some ass kicking riffage. The title track is my fav.

eltopo
Twenty-Something

Postby eltopo » Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:42 pm

APW wrote:Bought the new Overkill album, Ironbound. Its a raging slab of blistering thrash metal. Modern production but with a nice classic feel in places. Bobby Blitz is still the man and whomever they have on the guitars these days are just laying down some ass kicking riffage. The title track is my fav.

yeah I got it to
badass

john lewis hawk
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 6 posts
Title: not here

Postby john lewis hawk » Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:00 pm

Amy Terror wrote:I know you've been fighting it as long as you can, but I still can't get you to finally admit that you love some Radiohead? (you know you do, don't lie... it won't make you less cool)

I have Psyence Fiction and War Stories by them and those are pretty good albums.

AaronW
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby AaronW » Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:08 pm

Jude Terror wrote:TheFourthman got me checking out Wilco, and I've liked it a lot. Looking for some more stuff I've ignored out of hatred over the past twenty years that might be good.

Get some Modest Mouse, and Death Cab for Cutie, and...sorry I can't keep it together...

:lol:

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 82 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:09 pm

APW wrote:Get some Modest Mouse, and Death Cab for Cutie, and...sorry I can't keep it together...

:lol:

They're no Smashing Pumpkins.
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

AaronW
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby AaronW » Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:12 pm

Jude Terror wrote:They're no Smashing Pumpkins.

Fuck you might as well get into them too. I just find it funny that Mr. All Music for the last 20 years except Marilyn Manson sucks, is now talking about some newer crappy alt rock band.

:P

And you should use Pearl Jam. Where I like some Pumpkins songs I love Pearl Jam.

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 82 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:26 pm

APW wrote:Fuck you might as well get into them too. I just find it funny that Mr. All Music for the last 20 years except Marilyn Manson sucks, is now talking about some newer crappy alt rock band.

:P

And you should use Pearl Jam. Where I like some Pumpkins songs I love Pearl Jam.

Well to be fair Wilco is from the nineties. But whatever, I can admit when I'm wrong. They have some good stuff. That doesn't change the fact that 99% of modern music is still absolute crap. It's just the exception that proves the rule.
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

AaronW
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby AaronW » Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:30 pm

Jude Terror wrote:Well to be fair Wilco is from the nineties. But whatever, I can admit when I'm wrong. They have some good stuff. That doesn't change the fact that 99% of modern music is still absolute crap. It's just the exception that proves the rule.

I think this is where the flood gates open and you turn into a hipster.

JL_Amato
rubber spoon

Postby JL_Amato » Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:43 pm

Kerny wrote:I wish he would put out an album or mixtape or something. He always seems to pop up for a kickass song or snippet and go back into hiding

He has a bunch of mixtapes. A lot of them are unofficial though. Check out Act I and What The Fuck Is A Jay Electronica, the first one is an official album from him and the second is compilation put together by some people that have pretty much all his songs on them.

Supposedly Act II is going to drop anytime now and he's working on group project with Curren$y and Mos Def.

Keb
<( ' . ' )>

Liked in: 6 posts
Title: Wastespacer
Formerly: Cocaine Biceps

Postby Keb » Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:55 pm

JL_Amato wrote:Keb, this is old as hell but have you listened to Jay Electronica's Exhibit C?
I actually d/led as much as I could find by him. To be perfectly honest, I wasn't impressed on first listen. I did d/l POS after you recommended it and I fucking love POS. Never Better was my favourite album of 2009.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum