Thursday, August 25, 2016 • Morning Edition • "Voted best hair in high school."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Music Listening

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

JL_Amato

rubber spoon

Postby JL_Amato » Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:02 pm

Keb wrote:I actually d/led as much as I could find by him. To be perfectly honest, I wasn't impressed on first listen. I did d/l POS after you recommended it and I fucking love POS. Never Better was my favourite album of 2009.

Nice, POS is awesome. You should check out Doomtree if you like POS. It's his group project with a lot of other Rhymesayers rappers.

Are you getting Wu-Massacre at the end of March?
User avatar

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:08 pm

I've heard a few Doomtree songs here and there. I don't really like a lot of them except POS and Dessa. Lazerbeak's production is fucking awesome too.

I never liked Wu-Tang. To my credit, the only Wu-affiliate CD I ever bought was a Method Man album when I was sixteen. I think someone bought me The W, their third group album (probably my brother).

I'm looking forward to the new Guilty Simpson & Madlib album coming out in March.
User avatar

JL_Amato

rubber spoon

Postby JL_Amato » Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:14 pm

Keb wrote:I've heard a few Doomtree songs here and there. I don't really like a lot of them except POS and Dessa. Lazerbeak's production is fucking awesome too.

I never liked Wu-Tang. To my credit, the only Wu-affiliate CD I ever bought was a Method Man album when I was sixteen. I think someone bought me The W, their third group album (probably my brother).

I'm looking forward to the new Guilty Simpson & Madlib album coming out in March.

Super excited for that Madlib/Guilty Simpon collab. Have you been picking up the Madlib Medicine Show albums? The first one is a prelude to the Guilty Simpson collab album.

The Wu-Massacre album is just Method Man, Raekwon, and Ghostface Killah.
User avatar

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:23 pm

JL_Amato wrote:Super excited for that Madlib/Guilty Simpon collab. Have you been picking up the Madlib Medicine Show albums? The first one is a prelude to the Guilty Simpson collab album.

The Wu-Massacre album is just Method Man, Raekwon, and Ghostface Killah.
Yeah, I got that limited edition hand-screened Medicine Show #1. Gonna get the 3rd one like that too. I'm debating whether or not to pick up the Yesterday's Universe stuff that's coming out. Not a big fan of Madlib jazz. I didn't like Medicine Show vol. 2.
User avatar

Kerny

Review Grouper

Postby Kerny » Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:47 pm

The new Gorillaz is really good IMO, my favorite from them out of the 3 albums
User avatar

AaronW

Rain Partier

Postby AaronW » Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:44 pm

Was at the local record shop and found two albums on vinyl I've been looking for. Both by the mighty Judas Priest. Sad Wings of Destiny, & Sin After Sin. Had them before this but wanted vinyl copies.
User avatar

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:13 pm

APW wrote:Was at the local record shop and found two albums on vinyl I've been looking for. Both by the mighty Judas Priest. Sad Wings of Destiny, & Sin After Sin. Had them before this but wanted vinyl copies.
I've been doing that a bit lately, buying up stuff on vinyl that I have on CD.
User avatar

JL_Amato

rubber spoon

Postby JL_Amato » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:08 pm

Drake's new single from Thank Me Later called Over
User avatar

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:10 pm

Is it about how he had such a rough struggle growing up?
User avatar

JL_Amato

rubber spoon

Postby JL_Amato » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:13 pm

Keb wrote:Is it about how he had such a rough struggle growing up?

Toronto's inner city is one of the hardest :lol:

Nah it's just like every Drake song ever it's about how awesome he is. I still liked it though.

Fabolous dropped There Is No Competition 2 today. It's pretty good.
User avatar

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:16 pm

JL_Amato wrote:Toronto's inner city is one of the hardest :lol:
He wouldn't know because he's from one of the nicest neighbourhoods in Toronto.

I wonder if he wrote his raps on his blackberry...
User avatar

JL_Amato

rubber spoon

Postby JL_Amato » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:25 pm

Keb wrote:He wouldn't know because he's from one of the nicest neighbourhoods in Toronto.

I wonder if he wrote his raps on his blackberry...

I think he actually has a verse about that.

Like he lost his blackberry in the back of a cab and he says something about whoever finds it can keep since he's got way more than just those rhymes.
User avatar

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:28 pm

JL_Amato wrote:I think he actually has a verse about that.

Like he lost his blackberry in the back of a cab and he says something about whoever finds it can keep since he's got way more than just those rhymes.
I remember hearing about him from my friend, then seeing him get some recognition on the teevee, so I youtubed him to check him out. I saw his video with the women with giant boobs bouncing all over the place, then I saw that freestyle thing, and i realized he was reading off his blackberry, and I lost all respect for him. Then I found out he's a rich boy from a nice neighbourhood. Then I found out he was on the new Degrassi show. Now I just laugh.

Hip hop, from the slums of the Bronx to the streets of LA to the fancy million dollar homes of Forest Hills, Toronto...
User avatar

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:25 pm

Why do people insist on ruining happy moments by playing Joy Division records?
User avatar

KING King Impulse

Teenage Wasteland

Postby KING King Impulse » Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:37 pm

Something tells me this thread isn't indie/hipster enough. Has Amlah shown up yet?

Anyway, got the new Liars album which I really liked, never heard anything by them before but I'll check more out.

Finally got First Aid Kit's album as well which is very nice, kind of Camera Obscura-ish, which is never a bad thing.

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: MSNbot Media, Pizza Dog and 23 guests