Advertisement

Music Listening

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Keb
<( ' . ' )>

Liked in: 412 posts
Title: Wastespacer
Formerly: Cocaine Biceps

Postby Keb » Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:52 pm

King Impulse wrote:Something tells me this thread isn't indie/hipster enough. Has Amlah shown up yet?
No? As of today, I am a college radio DJ. How's that for hipster?

Advertisement

nietoperz
The Goddamn Bat-min

Liked in: 270 posts
Title: Forum Manager

Postby nietoperz » Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:55 pm

Soon everybody at Keb's college will be heard moaning, "Please, no... for the love of God no more Adam Drucker..."

Thunderstorm
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 5 posts
Title: Whitest Poster 2010!!

Postby Thunderstorm » Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:03 pm

I don't know most of the music you guys are talking about.

I bought the three Culture Club albums, Remastered with Bonus tracks. I've been looking for and picking these re-releases of 80's albums up whenever I can.

Also got the pink version of Lost Witness - Happiness Happening single, and Retro Club Classics, a compilation of late 80's early 90's alternative Dance artists like CCCP, Voyou, and MCL.

Keb
<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:09 pm

nietoperz wrote:Soon everybody at Keb's college will be heard moaning, "Please, no... for the love of God no more Adam Drucker..."
No no, it's not one of those "This is a hot joint muthafuckas so listen to this hot joint muthafuckas because this is a hot joint muthafuckas shout outs to all my my main muthafuckas thuggin it up in Detroit what what." Instead, I'm going to be playing a hip hop song with a sample-based beat, then I'm going to play the original sampled song after so people can hear the sample and whatnot. So it's not the prototypical hip hop show with track after track and hipster-college-DJs talking about hipster-college-DJ things but a more educational and informative show that teaches listeners how to listen critically to hip hop. At least I hope that's what it is. If I start shouting out to my homies in the BX, then I'll probably get fired...

Kerny
Review Grouper

Liked in: 0 post
Title: All-American American

Postby Kerny » Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:32 pm

It's a decent song.

The rapping is good and the beat/instrumental is sick, but the chorus/hook is way too long and annoying, IMO.

48THRiLLS
Review Grouper

Title: Outhouse resident punk rocker
Formerly: cool

Postby 48THRiLLS » Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:39 pm

here is some sugary power pop-punk awesomeness from HOUSE BOAT!
[youtube=425,344,5oqRvGjNeUo][/youtube]

Fenway
cheese

Title: Girl Next Door

Postby Fenway » Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:44 am

If you all haven't listened to it already, you must listen to Boxer by The National. It is one of my favorite albums.
Read My Blog: http://justanotherwannabeclassic.tumblr.com/

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 300 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Postby fieldy snuts » Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:11 am

I just acquired Kurupt's new mixtape. I cant believe this is the same guy that made some of my favourite albumsof all time and i cant even count songs that I'll at least rate average on one hand. Dudes WAY past his use-by date.

ZombieRed
Expert Post Whore

Postby ZombieRed » Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:22 am

I listened to the Holy Fuck LP. It was pretty good.

If you like stuff like electronic/ambient stuff like Boards of Canada you'll like them.

ZombieRed
Expert Post Whore

Postby ZombieRed » Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:23 am

Keb wrote:No no, it's not one of those "This is a hot joint muthafuckas so listen to this hot joint muthafuckas because this is a hot joint muthafuckas shout outs to all my my main muthafuckas thuggin it up in Detroit what what." Instead, I'm going to be playing a hip hop song with a sample-based beat, then I'm going to play the original sampled song after so people can hear the sample and whatnot. So it's not the prototypical hip hop show with track after track and hipster-college-DJs talking about hipster-college-DJ things but a more educational and informative show that teaches listeners how to listen critically to hip hop. At least I hope that's what it is. If I start shouting out to my homies in the BX, then I'll probably get fired...

What station is it on? 89.5?

Keb
<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:35 pm

ZombieRed wrote:What station is it on? 89.5?
No, 91.9, but you can only get it on the UTM campus. You can listen online.

I'll post up the details and everything once I get everything all dealt with. I have to do some shadowing of DJs and stuff before they let me on the air.

They have Cursive on the air right now if anyone wants to listen. I don't even know what the fuck Cursive is so I'm kind of bored, but there's a trumpet!

www.cfreradio.com

Keb
<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:09 pm

Mayer Hawthorne covers James Pants:
[youtube=425,344,Uy9fLe2umhY]yay![/youtube]

Both artists are awesome.
SHABBA!

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby fieldy snuts » Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:22 pm

Cam'ron's latest album, Crime Pays, was a big surprise to me. Most of you probably dont know about rap news on nobody rapper but the guy literally destroyed his image and was putting out garbage music. He was rolling in pink SUV's, faked getting shot at for publicity (getting exposed for it later), and shot youtube promo video's in front of a kiddie pool in his boxers and vanishes for years. He turned himself into a joke and I thought he went under a rock to die or something.

Over 2 years pass and this album drops out of nowhere with street singles attached to it and to my shock its a damn good album. Cookin Up, Get it in Ohio, I Hate My Job are my fave tracks

The album is so all over the place and varied in terms of style yet still works. Comeback of the year in a genre that I'd all but given up on.

Keb
<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:04 pm

fieldy snuts wrote:Cam'ron
I'm sorry but before the pink SUVs and no snitching, that guy was a terrible rapper. At least Mase went under a rock to die. Friends should follow other friends' examples...

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby fieldy snuts » Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:48 pm

Purple Haze was good, so was some old album he did called Children of the Corn. Dipset though.....sucked badly.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum