Advertisement

Nas - Untitled

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

JL_Amato
rubber spoon

Liked in: 0 post

Nas - Untitled

Postby JL_Amato » Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:29 pm

Anyone picking up his new album when it drops on the 15th?

I've heard some of it and it's pretty sick.

Advertisement

Crump
Hater

Postby Crump » Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:03 pm

My favorite Nas line:

"Don't say my car's topless/
Say the titties is out."
Goat

C20Percent
rubber spoon

Postby C20Percent » Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:15 pm

Eh, I really haven't felt Nas since Stillmatic -- God's Son was okay, but it seems like unless another rapper is talking shit that he gets complacent.

I haven't heard any of this album -- is this the album that he wanted to title N****R? I don't ever remember hearing a resolution to that.

JL_Amato
rubber spoon

Postby JL_Amato » Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:24 pm

C20Percent wrote:Eh, I really haven't felt Nas since Stillmatic -- God's Son was okay, but it seems like unless another rapper is talking shit that he gets complacent.

I haven't heard any of this album -- is this the album that he wanted to title N****R? I don't ever remember hearing a resolution to that.

Yeah, it's still called that sorta but for promotional stuff it's an untitled album.

Some of the verses in "Sly Fox" are amazing.

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 213 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Re: Nas - Untitled

Postby fieldy snuts » Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:07 pm

JL_Amato wrote:Anyone picking up his new album when it drops on the 15th?

I've heard some of it and it's pretty sick.
nas has been pretty bad these past few years preferring repetitive albums and shock value. besides illmatic, stillmatic and gods son everything he's done hasnt been very good. and this album just added to a series of fails from streets disciple to hip hop is dead and not n****r/untitled.

thankfully killer mike - i pledge allegiance to the grind II leaked as well and i had some worthwhile new music to bump.

C20Percent
rubber spoon

Postby C20Percent » Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:16 pm

JL_Amato wrote:Yeah, it's still called that sorta but for promotional stuff it's an untitled album.

Some of the verses in "Sly Fox" are amazing.

Huh, I just listened to this song. I think Nas is too smart for his own good. Jay-Z was right -- once again Nas is trying to "spit knowlege." I mean, did I really just listen to a song that had Nas advocating not to watch Fox News? I don't know who this albums for, but I doubt most people that buy this don't watch any news or read any newspapers.

JL_Amato
rubber spoon

Postby JL_Amato » Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:22 pm

Vic Mackey wrote:nas has been pretty bad these past few years preferring repetitive albums and shock value. besides illmatic, stillmatic and gods son everything he's done hasnt been very good. and this album just added to a series of fails from streets disciple to hip hop is dead and not n****r/untitled.

thankfully killer mike - i pledge allegiance to the grind II leaked as well and i had some worthwhile new music to bump.

Never been a big fan of Killer Mike.

The Cool Kids new mixtape and Untitled have been on repeat since I got them.

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 213 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Postby fieldy snuts » Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:26 pm

JL_Amato wrote:Never been a big fan of Killer Mike.

The Cool Kids new mixtape and Untitled have been on repeat since I got them.
just different tastes i guess. it kids in the hall > the cool kids to me though both are dope.

untitled is just more reasons for me to realise why nas's music doesnt appeal to me anymore. he tries to get "modern" nowdays and ends up sounding the same on every track. sure he's still got it lyrically but stylistically and musically speaking its like getting a bottle of sedatives rammed down your throat.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The Asylum