Advertisement

NBC, you suck

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Does NBC suck?

Yes, it does
24%
No, it doesn't
12%
I said, YES, it does, fartknocker
59%
Are you starting shit with me?! I said, NO, IT DOESN'T
6%

Total votes : 17

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

AaronW
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 2 posts

Postby AaronW » Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:51 am

I just hope the writing picks up a bit. Even the first season had some bad stuff at times, but the coolness covered it up, the second season didn't go as well so the faults stood out more. Hopefully S3 will really get going fast and not plod along for 7-8 episodes.

Advertisement

superfictious
Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Liked in: 180 posts
Title: superfictious.wordpress.com

Postby superfictious » Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:55 am

Aaron_W wrote:I just hope the writing picks up a bit. Even the first season had some bad stuff at times, but the coolness covered it up, the second season didn't go as well so the faults stood out more. Hopefully S3 will really get going fast and not plod along for 7-8 episodes.

They removed the best characters from the central story for a good portion of the season. That was a huge mistake in my opinion, and my interest sort of waned.

CountD
Undead Member

Liked in: 1 post
Title: Senior Citizen
Formerly: t00lverine

Postby CountD » Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:57 am

I would come back to Heroes if I heard it hit the ground running w/ S3.

not LOST, tho. ech, terrible.

AaronW
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby AaronW » Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:58 am

If we have to go through Peter learning how to use his powers again and stuff like that I'll flip.

superfictious
Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby superfictious » Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:59 am

CountD wrote:I would come back to Heroes if I heard it hit the ground running w/ S3.

not LOST, tho. ech, terrible.

There were moments in season 2 where I was close to giving up on Lost, but I'm pretty much hooked as much as possible at this point. NBC could learn from ABC's adjustments concerning hit, high concept series.

AaronW
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby AaronW » Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:04 am

Lost stumbled but then took off again like a rocket. Heroes needs to do the same or I won't be watching much longer.

kingofcities
dINGO

Liked in: 0 post

Postby kingofcities » Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:05 am

Aaron_W wrote:If we have to go through Peter learning how to use his powers again and stuff like that I'll flip.

I have to agree. We need progression, not regression. That's where season two failed for the first half or so.

superfictious
Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby superfictious » Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:06 am

kingofcities wrote:I have to agree. We need progression, not regression. That's where season two failed for the first half or so.

Does it end well?

outsider
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 476 posts
Title: Absent
Formerly: Daddy Longlegs, Max Power

Postby outsider » Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:13 am

Black_Kryptonian wrote:Does it end well?
Not "well" so much as "acceptable". I give the show's creators credit in that they realized they fucked up, and took steps to fix it.

I still get so damn annoyed that they converge at Kirby Plaza in the S1 finale, just to part company, not even bothering to explore how they all have these amazing abilities.

(No, I didn't want them to form the Justice League or move into a mansion together, but damn, S2 started almost from scratch instead of building on from S1.)
-

superfictious
Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby superfictious » Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:17 am

cncoyle wrote:Not "well" so much as "acceptable". I give the show's creators credit in that they realized they fucked up, and took steps to fix it.

I still get so damn annoyed that they converge at Kirby Plaza in the S1 finale, just to part company, not even bothering to explore how they all have these amazing abilities.

(No, I didn't want them to form the Justice League or move into a mansion together, but damn, S2 started almost from scratch instead of building on from S1.)

There was just such a disconnect between seasons. I guess I'll catch up on S2 this summer in case S3 is heavily built upon it.

kingofcities
dINGO

Postby kingofcities » Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:18 am

Black_Kryptonian wrote:Does it end well?

I thought it ended very well. You could tell in the last 3-4 episodes that they were actively trying to correct the mistakes they were making. Tim Kring did that interview where he admitted they really misread what they thought the audience wanted. I think if season two had gone on for it's full 22 episode run the rough patches at the beginning would have seemed like a blip on the radar overall. But they really did make some dumb decisions early on. They better stay sharp from here on out.

kingofcities
dINGO

Postby kingofcities » Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:24 am

cncoyle wrote:I still get so damn annoyed that they converge at Kirby Plaza in the S1 finale, just to part company, not even bothering to explore how they all have these amazing abilities.

This was my biggest problem. Not only was it a bad story idea in general but it just didn't make sense. Here are the things I hated overall.

- Mohinder the wishy washy asshat.
- Isolating Hiro.
- The entire DL/Nikki/kid plot. There are like 7 things about all of that that sucked.
- Sylar and the longest car ride in the history of car rides...
- The Mexican wonder/repetitive plot twins.
- Peter's amnesia/having to re-learn powers
- Did I mention the asshattery of Mohinder?

Dragavon
Podcaster

Title: Married
Formerly: Ben Reilly

Postby Dragavon » Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:25 am

kingofcities wrote:This was my biggest problem. Not only was it a bad story idea in general but it just didn't make sense. Here are the things I hated overall.

- Mohinder the wishy washy asshat.
- Isolating Hiro.
- The entire DL/Nikki/kid plot. There are like 7 things about all of that that sucked.
- Sylar and the longest car ride in the history of car rides...
- The Mexican wonder/repetitive plot twins.
- Peter amnesia/having to re-learn powers
- Did I mantion the asshattery of Mohinder?

That season made me almost not want to watch season 3 :cry:

nietoperz
The Goddamn Bat-min

Liked in: 166 posts
Title: Forum Manager

Postby nietoperz » Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:26 am

But Mohinder has always been an asshat!

chap22
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 162 posts
Title: Pretentious curmudgeon

Postby chap22 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:26 am

cncoyle wrote:Actually, I agree. The Office is like the emperor's new clothes for me and my wife. It seems like most people we know just LOOOVE The Office and have repeatedly told us to watch it. The handful of episodes (4, maybe 5?) we've watched were somewhat amusing, but not really that captivating, at least to the point that I would feel compelled to watch it every week.

And yes, I get that it is "subtle" humor; it's just not that funny. I'll take a Christopher Guest movie over The Office any day. :P

i really am amazed sometimes how alike we are. ;-)
rdrsfn82 wrote:Chap is right.

john lewis wrote:I got nothing but respect for [Chap]

jsalwen wrote:You're the man, Chap.

DMM wrote:Chap knows what he's talking about.

MoneyMelon wrote:chap is right about pretty much everything

GOSD wrote:chap FTW!

Ntikrst wrote:Chap's right

oogy wrote:All those quotes in your sig ain't lying.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum