Advertisement

NBC, you suck

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Does NBC suck?

Yes, it does
24%
No, it doesn't
12%
I said, YES, it does, fartknocker
59%
Are you starting shit with me?! I said, NO, IT DOESN'T
6%

Total votes : 17

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

kingofcities
dINGO

Liked in: 0 post

Postby kingofcities » Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:32 am

nietoperz wrote:But Mohinder has always been an asshat!

I liked him in season one. In season two they couldn't figure out what they wanted to do with him. He's good, no he's bad. He's smart, no he's dumb. He's a scientist, no he's Parkman's lifemate. Seriously ridiculous.

Advertisement

outsider
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 899 posts
Title: Absent
Formerly: cyclone, Chili con Blarney

Postby outsider » Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:10 am

kingofcities wrote:This was my biggest problem. Not only was it a bad story idea in general but it just didn't make sense. Here are the things I hated overall.

- Mohinder the wishy washy asshat.
- Isolating Hiro.
- The entire DL/Nikki/kid plot. There are like 7 things about all of that that sucked.
- Sylar and the longest car ride in the history of car rides...
- The Mexican wonder/repetitive plot twins.
- Peter's amnesia/having to re-learn powers
- Did I mention the asshattery of Mohinder?
Mohinder *needs* to die now, hopefully from HRG and a rusty pair of tongs.

Hiro in the past should have been a 2 or 3 episode arc at best, or even a separate made-for-TV movie.

Killing off DL was such a stupid, stupid move. What was the backstory of that? Did the actor piss of Kring or something?

LOL, that was the longest car ride in the history of television. What was it 4 or 5 episodes? And those twins seemed like a lame X-Files rip-off.

Peter needs to get de-powered or go the Dark Phoenix route (which would be cool to see Sylar join the side of angels to take out Peter).
-

CountD
Undead Member

Liked in: 1 post
Title: Senior Citizen
Formerly: t00lverine

Postby CountD » Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:11 am

someoen answer me just this question:

has Hiro mastered his powers yet?

outsider
Outhouse Drafter

Postby outsider » Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:15 am

One huge problem I have with Heroes is its flawed logic regarding time. I call bullshit on Hiro not being able to save Charlie (or anyone else;)). They already established that time is fluid and malleable since they prevented the destruction of NYC in DarkHiro's future. There's absolutely no reason why he couldn't change other events.
-

nietoperz
The Goddamn Bat-min

Liked in: 274 posts
Title: Forum Manager

Postby nietoperz » Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:18 am

cncoyle wrote:Mohinder *needs* to die now, hopefully from HRG and a rusty pair of tongs.

Hiro in the past should have been a 2 or 3 episode arc at best, or even a separate made-for-TV movie.

Killing off DL was such a stupid, stupid move. What was the backstory of that? Did the actor piss of Kring or something?

LOL, that was the longest car ride in the history of television. What was it 4 or 5 episodes? And those twins seemed like a lame X-Files rip-off.

Peter needs to get de-powered or go the Dark Phoenix route (which would be cool to see Sylar join the side of angels to take out Peter).

I agree on Mohinder, though not on Peter. Also, I think Leonard Roberts (DL) asked to leave the show (otherwise he wasn't going to be killed off).

kingofcities
dINGO

Postby kingofcities » Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:18 am

SPOILERS
SPOILERS
SPOILERS

cncoyle wrote:Killing off DL was such a stupid, stupid move. What was the backstory of that? Did the actor piss of Kring or something?

I don't know. I never heard anything but it was just really bad writing. Plus, the guy who can become intangible gets killed by a bullet he can see coming? Seriously? Commme onnnnn.

Dude, both Mohinder and HRG travelled back and forth between continents in the time it took Sylar to drive like 87 miles.
Last edited by kingofcities on Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:20 am, edited 2 times in total.

kingofcities
dINGO

Postby kingofcities » Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:20 am

CountD wrote:someoen answer me just this question:

has Hiro mastered his powers yet?

I don't know if they are mastered per se but he does have pretty good control over them.

kingofcities
dINGO

Postby kingofcities » Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:22 am

cncoyle wrote:One huge problem I have with Heroes is its flawed logic regarding time. I call bullshit on Hiro not being able to save Charlie (or anyone else;)). They already established that time is fluid and malleable since they prevented the destruction of NYC in DarkHiro's future. There's absolutely no reason why he couldn't change other events.

I agree. It was the whole entire point of season one.

Royal Nonesuch
Staff Writer

Liked in: 5 posts

Postby Royal Nonesuch » Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:22 am

I actually continue to watch a lot of NBC. Heroes, Law and Order, Law and Order: SVU, My Name is Earl (though this past season really tried my patience for a while there), The Office, I guess Scrubs is gone now (really, THAT was the finale? REALLY?!). I originally skipped out on Chuck because I thought it looked stupid, but then I caught the first two episodes on a plane, and really enjoyed them. Is that coming back in the fall? Also, I'm going to give 30 Rock another shot. I caught en episode early on and didn't find it funny, but I keep hearing such overwhelming praise, I think I'll give in another look. Maybe it's gotten better.

All these summertime shows, though? Yeah, it looks like a crappy wasteland. Did I really just see an ad for Celebrity Family Feud?! Come on!!

nietoperz
The Goddamn Bat-min

Liked in: 274 posts
Title: Forum Manager

Postby nietoperz » Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:39 am

Royal Nonesuch wrote:I actually continue to watch a lot of NBC. Heroes, Law and Order, Law and Order: SVU, My Name is Earl (though this past season really tried my patience for a while there), The Office, I guess Scrubs is gone now (really, THAT was the finale? REALLY?!). I originally skipped out on Chuck because I thought it looked stupid, but then I caught the first two episodes on a plane, and really enjoyed them. Is that coming back in the fall? Also, I'm going to give 30 Rock another shot. I caught en episode early on and didn't find it funny, but I keep hearing such overwhelming praise, I think I'll give in another look. Maybe it's gotten better.

All these summertime shows, though? Yeah, it looks like a crappy wasteland. Did I really just see an ad for Celebrity Family Feud?! Come on!!

Scrubs is coming back next season, just on ABC.

outsider
Outhouse Drafter

Postby outsider » Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:42 am

nietoperz wrote:I agree on Mohinder, though not on Peter.
I think they erred in making Peter SuperRogueSynch. Either he should be able to 'borrow/copy' powers for a limited time, or he should have a limited number he can permanently store. That would have left only Sylar to unnaturally absorb powers, and made him much more formidable.

(Gah, that reminded me of the off-panel fight between future Peter and future Sylar in S1. DAMMIT, why didn't they show us that?!!?)
-

superfictious
Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Liked in: 180 posts
Title: superfictious.wordpress.com

Postby superfictious » Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:45 am

Royal Nonesuch wrote:I actually continue to watch a lot of NBC. Heroes, Law and Order, Law and Order: SVU, My Name is Earl (though this past season really tried my patience for a while there), The Office, I guess Scrubs is gone now (really, THAT was the finale? REALLY?!). I originally skipped out on Chuck because I thought it looked stupid, but then I caught the first two episodes on a plane, and really enjoyed them. Is that coming back in the fall? Also, I'm going to give 30 Rock another shot. I caught en episode early on and didn't find it funny, but I keep hearing such overwhelming praise, I think I'll give in another look. Maybe it's gotten better.

I can't imagine what shape NBC would be in without the Law and Order franchise.

The Juan Percenter
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby The Juan Percenter » Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:45 am

I still like the updated American Gladiators. I think the show is taking it in the chin ratings-wise, but it is still good, clean fun.

kingofcities
dINGO

Postby kingofcities » Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:52 am

Black_Kryptonian wrote:I can't imagine what shape NBC would be in without the Law and Order franchise.

D'oh! I forgot about Law & Order. As soon as they signed on Jeremy Sisto I was there. Adding Anthony Anderson was a great choice too. The show hasn't been this good in a long time.

And even though it's not NBC proper I have been watching the new L&O: Criminal Intent episodes. And I'm on my way to Best Buy to pick up Burn Notice right now...

superfictious
Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Liked in: 180 posts
Title: superfictious.wordpress.com

Postby superfictious » Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:55 am

kingofcities wrote:D'oh! I forgot about Law & Order. As soon as they signed on Jeremy Sisto I was there. Adding Anthony Anderson was a great choice too. The show hasn't been this good in a long time.

Best season in almost a decade.

leave a comment with facebook

Previous

Return to The Asylum