Sunday, September 25, 2016 • Morning Edition • "Better than Bleeding Cool by that much."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

NBC, you suck

Does NBC suck?

Yes, it does
4
24%
No, it doesn't
2
12%
I said, YES, it does, fartknocker
10
59%
Are you starting shit with me?! I said, NO, IT DOESN'T
1
6%
  Total votes : 17

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

outsider

Outhouse Drafter

Postby outsider » Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:30 pm

Latest Nielsen ratings

What happened to NBC? They used to own the television landscape, and now they can only land one show in the top 20.

Heroes is the only thing that I watch on their channel (that I can think of, anyway). I know some folks <3 their sitcoms (sitcoms are endangered species, imo), but does NBC stand a chance of getting out of its rut?
User avatar

Chris

Rain Partier

Postby Chris » Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:32 pm

cncoyle wrote:Latest Nielsen ratings

What happened to NBC? They used to own the television landscape, and now they can only land one show in the top 20.

Heroes is the only thing that I watch on their channel (that I can think of, anyway). I know some folks <3 their sitcoms (sitcoms are endangered species, imo), but does NBC stand a chance of getting out of its rut?


NBC made a business decision to get rid of alot of their scripted shows in favor of game shows, and it apparently didn't work out.

They've still got The Office, and I think the Life on Mars US re-make starting in the fall.. but other than that, I'm not interested in anything. Not even Heroes, really. Season 2 stunk. Unless I hear good word of mouth, I probably won't watch.
User avatar

Starlord

Outhouse Editor

Postby Starlord » Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:36 pm

we found out that NBC put some of their shows, "On Demand" like CBS does with their CSI franchise. We got excited because they had all of season 2 of 30 Rock listed.

Until we found out that NBC wants a dollar for each one you watch. Forget it, I'll get it from Netflix when it comes out and watch this last season of CSI New York for free.

Phewy on NBC.
User avatar

superfictious

Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby superfictious » Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:37 pm

They've lost Thursday nights, which they used to be able to build their entire lineup around. Critically, their Thursday night lineup is pretty decent. Commercially, only 30 Rock has "huge hit" potential, and ER is long past its prime.

Not only that, they caught the 'reality' bug and instead of taking chances on new, original projects, they decided to rehash old ideas and hope shit would stick to the wall. They're pretty much what Fox used to be pre-X-Files.
User avatar

Crump

Hater

Postby Crump » Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:37 pm

The Office and 30 Rock are my favorite shows outside of Lost and the (cancelled?) Kitchen Nightmares.
User avatar

tralfaz

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby tralfaz » Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:38 pm

Life on Mars is on ABC

NBC is run by buffoons. That is all
User avatar

Zechs

Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:40 pm

starlord wrote:we found out that NBC put some of their shows, "On Demand" like CBS does with their CSI franchise. We got excited because they had all of season 2 of 30 Rock listed.

Until we found out that NBC wants a dollar for each one you watch. Forget it, I'll get it from Netflix when it comes out and watch this last season of CSI New York for free.

Phewy on NBC.


That always has pissed me off. You could watch freakin free episodes of Lost, CSI, and BSG On Demand. But 30 Rock? The Office? Law and Order? No you have to pay a buck to see those.

Bastards.
User avatar

Chris

Rain Partier

Postby Chris » Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:40 pm

tralfaz wrote:Life on Mars is on ABC


Oh, is it? Looks like I won't be watching anything on NBC then, since I watch the Office online or on DVD.

I'm interested to see how LoM will be. I saw a commercial for it the other day..
User avatar

Zenguru

Staff Writer

Postby Zenguru » Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:42 pm

I stopped watching NBC when they started all that "must see" crap. If they have to tell me I need to see it, then I really don't. As a matter of fact, I don't watch nearly any network TV except for news and some sports. Everything else is cable.
User avatar

tralfaz

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby tralfaz » Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:43 pm

The Hoff will save the network :-D
User avatar

Dragavon

Podcaster

Postby Dragavon » Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:43 pm

DaReekstah wrote:Oh, is it? Looks like I won't be watching anything on NBC then, since I watch the Office online or on DVD.

I'm interested to see how LoM will be. I saw a commercial for it the other day..

If it's anything like the British version, it will bore you to tears. :roll:
User avatar

zombiemichaeljackson

rubber spoon

Postby zombiemichaeljackson » Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:44 pm

The Office, 30 Rock, and Heroes are 'must watch' for me, and outside of that the only TV show I watch every time it's new is Lost. Honestly, I watch NBC a lot more than I watch any other network by a large margin.
User avatar

outsider

Outhouse Drafter

Postby outsider » Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:46 pm

Zenguru wrote:As a matter of fact, I don't watch nearly any network TV except for news and some sports. Everything else is cable.
FOX owns me with House & Bones, and ABC gets me with LOST, Eli Stone & Boston Legal (when they actually show it).

I also enjoy CBS's reality shows (The Amazing Race, Survivor & Big Brother), even though TAR is a travel competition, not a 'realitly' show.

Otherwise, I'm watching Netflix or surfing cable channels. I watched Heroes S1 on DVD and S2 by the week, and S1 was so much more enjoyable on DVD. 24 is proving to be a "wait for DVD" show, too.
User avatar

Zenguru

Staff Writer

Postby Zenguru » Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:48 pm

tralfaz wrote:The Hoff will save the network :-D
Just like he saved this song?
User avatar

Starlord

Outhouse Editor

Postby Starlord » Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:49 pm

Frost wrote:That always has pissed me off. You could watch freakin free episodes of Lost, CSI, and BSG On Demand. But 30 Rock? The Office? Law and Order? No you have to pay a buck to see those.

Bastards.


Well I'm glad I'm nopt the only one, then. I mean, really, what gives them the gall to do that when the other stations give it for free?!

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: achilles, Earth-2 NoctourneM, Google [Bot], Liam Moorhart, LobsterJ, pastajoe and 35 guests