Monday, June 27, 2016 • Evening Edition • "Hope you survive the experience!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

NCAA Football Preview Pt. 2

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

zombiemichaeljackson

rubber spoon

Postby zombiemichaeljackson » Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:20 pm

C20Percent wrote:No Missouri vs. Oklahoma or Missouri vs. Texas Tech = Total Fail.

I think Kansas gets exposed this year.


I don't think it's so much that Kansas gets exposed as much as they play too many good teams to make it back to the Big 12 championship game. Missouri's conference schedule is as soft as Kansas' was last year. Their opener against Illinois should tell a lot about both teams.
User avatar

Chris

Rain Partier

Postby Chris » Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:27 pm

twoheads wrote:I still don't think OSU has enough speed in their front seven to stop a truly elite offense, but I do think that they're good enough to make them have to work up and down the field, and I also think that Wells can grind out enough yards to keep the ball away from the aforementioned offense. So, while I think they can play with USC it will take a perfect game to actually beat them.


I promised myself I wouldn't say stuff like this this year for fear of them choking at the end and me having to eat crow again.. but..

Just this once.. I'll say it. USC is even more overrated than people say Ohio State is.

And if they do beat the Buckeyes, I'll gladly suck it up and own it.
User avatar

zombiemichaeljackson

rubber spoon

Postby zombiemichaeljackson » Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:30 pm

Chris wrote:I promised myself I wouldn't say stuff like this this year for fear of them choking at the end and me having to eat crow again.. but..

Just this once.. I'll say it. USC is even more overrated than people say Ohio State is.

And if they do beat the Buckeyes, I'll gladly suck it up and own it.


The USC offense has to answer a lot of questions, but that defense is legit. The Buckeyes are going to have a hard time doing anything other than run straight ahead at them. Fortunately, that's their strength, but I'm not sure they can move the ball against them consistently.
User avatar

Chris

Rain Partier

Postby Chris » Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:38 pm

BTW... I just ran a simulated season on NCAA 09 with the Buckeyes, and they did indeed beat USC 21-17. :D
User avatar

zombiemichaeljackson

rubber spoon

Postby zombiemichaeljackson » Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:39 pm

Chris wrote:BTW... I just ran a simulated season on NCAA 09 with the Buckeyes, and they did indeed beat USC 21-17. :D


Gosh, I don't know why they even need to play the game now! :wink:
User avatar

Chris

Rain Partier

Postby Chris » Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:39 pm

twoheads wrote:Gosh, I don't know why they even need to play the game now! :wink:


I know! :D
User avatar

zombiemichaeljackson

rubber spoon

Postby zombiemichaeljackson » Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:41 pm

Chris wrote:I know! :D


Out of curiosity, who made it to the national championship game and who won?
User avatar

Chris

Rain Partier

Postby Chris » Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:50 pm

twoheads wrote:Out of curiosity, who made it to the national championship game and who won?


Ohio State vs. Missouri, but I didn't sim the title game.
User avatar

zombiemichaeljackson

rubber spoon

Postby zombiemichaeljackson » Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:51 pm

Chris wrote:Ohio State vs. Missouri, but I didn't sim the title game.


That's not totally out of the question, but I think it just produced the two teams with the easiest schedules.
User avatar

zombiemichaeljackson

rubber spoon

Postby zombiemichaeljackson » Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:10 am

I just wanted to point out that real honest-to-god football was played today. Our long national nightmare is over.

And Stanford beat Oregon St. :shock:
User avatar

GratefulFred

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby GratefulFred » Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:45 am

twoheads wrote:I just wanted to point out that real honest-to-god football was played today. Our long national nightmare is over.

And Stanford beat Oregon St. :shock:


The Beavers are so unpredictable week to week that this game didn't really surprise me as much as South Carolina's massacre of the Wolfpack.
User avatar

zombiemichaeljackson

rubber spoon

Postby zombiemichaeljackson » Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:56 am

GratefulFred wrote:The Beavers are so unpredictable week to week that this game didn't really surprise me as much as South Carolina's massacre of the Wolfpack.


NC St. is probably the worst team in a bad conference, so that didn't shock me very much.
User avatar

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:27 am

twoheads wrote:NC St. is probably the worst team in a bad conference, so that didn't shock me very much.

agreed. i'm convinced Caroina's D could have left the field and the Pack STILL may not have scored. they were awful offensively.
User avatar

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:29 am

oh, and i know i'm a few days late, but i feel i would be remiss if i didn't make some mention of the greatest conference in the land's 15-year, $2.25 BILLION deal with ESPN, covering all sports, and putting EVERY home football game and EVERY conference men's basketball game on the family of networks starting in '09.


suck failure, everybody else. :smt029 8) :-D :P :P
User avatar

Chris

Rain Partier

Postby Chris » Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:30 am

The Buckeyes embark on their national championship run tomorrow against the fearsome YSU! :P

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: chap22, Google [Bot], Grayson, HNutz, Juan Cena, MSNbot Media, pastajoe, Pizza Dog, The_Phenomenal_Sage and 40 guests