Advertisement

NCAA Football Preview Pt. 2

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 2 posts
Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris

Postby Chris » Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:10 pm

Black Kryptonite wrote:The Big 10 is looking very...bad right now. OSU and Michigan are going to have a long day if they don't wake up.

The Big 10 has looked bad every year, in recent memory.

But the Buckeyes offense is scaring me right now.. I dunno what the fuck is going on. Maybe they overlooked OU because of USC next week.. I don't know, but you're right. They NEED to wake the fuck up.

They're beating themselves right now.

Boeckman is not in rhythm, and he keeps throwing the ball before his receivers are ready. And the receivers keep dropping easy balls as well.

Advertisement

rdrsfn82
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 0 post

Postby rdrsfn82 » Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:13 pm

Seriously this QB for Ohio is doing a great job of getting away from pressure. The OSU players may want to wrap him up at some point.

If Miami (OH) could stop dropping passes that hit them in the hands they'd either have the lead or be really close right now.

Basically the Big 10 should fear the MAC.

superfictious
Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Title: superfictious.wordpress.com

Postby superfictious » Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:14 pm

Chris wrote:The Big 10 has looked bad every year, in recent memory.

But the Buckeyes offense is scaring me right now.. I dunno what the fuck is going on. Maybe they overlooked OU because of USC next week.. I don't know, but you're right. They NEED to wake the fuck up.

Boeckman is not in rhythm, and he keeps throwing the ball before his receivers are ready. And the receivers keep dropping easy balls as well.

It might just be one of those Saturdays for the conference. Wisconsin can't wake up either. I think they'll all win though.

rdrsfn82
Wrasslin' Fan

Postby rdrsfn82 » Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:15 pm

Chris wrote:The Big 10 has looked bad every year, in recent memory.

Haven't you been defending the Big 10 for the last few years? :P

Oh and the Buckeyes offense looks awful in the first half. I hope Ohio scores again before the half and really puts pressure on the team.

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Chris » Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:21 pm

rdrsfn82 wrote:Haven't you been defending the Big 10 for the last few years? :P

Oh and the Buckeyes offense looks awful in the first half. I hope Ohio scores again before the half and really puts pressure on the team.

I've never defended the Big 10.. :?

Infact, I've always said I'm not a "conference" guy. I don't root for the conference, like the SEC honks. I love Ohio State, but have always admitted that the Big 10 sucks.

The Big 10 is down right now. But this stuff goes in cycles. It'll be up eventually.

rdrsfn82
Wrasslin' Fan

Postby rdrsfn82 » Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:24 pm

Chris wrote:I've never defended the Big 10.. :?

Infact, I've always said I'm not a "conference" guy. I don't root for the conference, like the SEC honks. I love Ohio State, but have always admitted that the Big 10 sucks.

The Big 10 is down right now. But this stuff goes in cycles. It'll be up eventually.

You've defended OSU playing in the national championship game despite not beating any good teams ahead of other undefeated teams from bad conferences and one loss teams from good conferences. All of this would be fixed by a 16 team playoff where all the division winners and a handful of at large teams played for a title just like every other sport, but I digress.

It's weak for Ohio to kneel down. I know they weren't likely to march all the way down the field in 50 seconds, but I would have liked to have seen them try.

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Chris » Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:27 pm

rdrsfn82 wrote:You've defended OSU playing in the national championship game despite not beating any good teams ahead of other undefeated teams from bad conferences and one loss teams from good conferences. All of this would be fixed by a 16 team playoff where all the division winners and a handful of at large teams played for a title just like every other sport, but I digress.

It's weak for Ohio to kneel down. I know they weren't likely to march all the way down the field in 50 seconds, but I would have liked to have seen them try.

I've defended Ohio State getting to the national championship because that is the system. The system may suck, but you can't fault the Buckeyes for succeeding in that system.

I do think the Buckeyes scheduling is lame, but it doesn't matter.. they play the current system better than anyone.

C20Percent
rubber spoon

Postby C20Percent » Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:32 pm

Ohio State wins by 21 -- I'm calling it.

rdrsfn82
Wrasslin' Fan

Postby rdrsfn82 » Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:34 pm

Chris wrote:I've defended Ohio State getting to the national championship because that is the system. The system may suck, but you can't fault the Buckeyes for succeeding in that system.

I do think the Buckeyes scheduling is lame, but it doesn't matter.. they play the current system better than anyone.

But I'd take a one loss team with 3 good wins and one good loss over a team that plays the scheduling system to go undefeated without beating a single good team. Even in the current system that should be the way things are done, but because of the preseason polls, which are just beyond dumb since the voters know nothing and guess based on reputation, and the lazy voting where people are raised or dropped based solely on winning or losing without taking into account who they played most of the time, you end up with a team with an undeservedly high preseason ranking having a major advantage over a team with an undeservedly low preseason ranking. It's just ridiculous.

I guess I'm just complaining about the system, but you can fix that stuff without changing the BCS. Just have no polls until October, and have ballots turned in on Wednesday or Tuesday so that there's time to actually watch the relevant games for the voters. It would be much better than having ballots due on Sunday. No one is watching 30 or 40 games before voting the very next day. It's just not possible and it leads to the BS voting we have now where you end up with a team ranked behind someone they've beaten head to head or a team like OSU feasting on cupcakes and moving up the rankings.

rdrsfn82
Wrasslin' Fan

Postby rdrsfn82 » Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:35 pm

C20Percent wrote:Ohio State wins by 21 -- I'm calling it.

We all know that's the most likely scenario, but it doesn't change the fact I'm hoping all the top Big 10 teams lose this weekend.

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Chris » Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:39 pm

rdrsfn82 wrote:But I'd take a one loss team with 3 good wins and one good loss over a team that plays the scheduling system to go undefeated without beating a single good team. Even in the current system that should be the way things are done, but because of the preseason polls, which are just beyond dumb since the voters know nothing and guess based on reputation, and the lazy voting where people are raised or dropped based solely on winning or losing without taking into account who they played most of the time, you end up with a team with an undeservedly high preseason ranking having a major advantage over a team with an undeservedly low preseason ranking. It's just ridiculous.

I guess I'm just complaining about the system, but you can fix that stuff without changing the BCS. Just have no polls until October, and have ballots turned in on Wednesday or Tuesday so that there's time to actually watch the relevant games for the voters. It would be much better than having ballots due on Sunday. No one is watching 30 or 40 games before voting the very next day. It's just not possible and it leads to the BS voting we have now where you end up with a team ranked behind someone they've beaten head to head or a team like OSU feasting on cupcakes and moving up the rankings.

I'm not disagreeing with anything you said, but none of that is Ohio State's fault.

rdrsfn82
Wrasslin' Fan

Postby rdrsfn82 » Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:40 pm

Chris wrote:I'm not disagreeing with anything you said, but none of that is Ohio State's fault.

This is true.

Still would have taken someone else ahead of them each of the last couple of years.

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Chris » Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:44 pm

rdrsfn82 wrote:This is true.

Still would have taken someone else ahead of them each of the last couple of years.

As a Buckeye fan, I wouldn't have. :D

superfictious
Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Title: superfictious.wordpress.com

Postby superfictious » Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:57 pm

C20Percent wrote:Ohio State wins by 21 -- I'm calling it.

You must be seeing something I'm not.

That return fumble was fugly.

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Chris » Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:58 pm

I'm having horrible flashbacks.

I need some heart medication for this game.. :shock:

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext