Advertisement

Never Piss Off PAD..

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

KING King Impulse
Teenage Wasteland

Liked in: 0 post
Title: The Prodigal Son
Formerly: King Impulse

Postby KING King Impulse » Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:23 pm

Kent Horton wrote:PAD's one of those writers that's past his hey day, and instead of trying to improve, just gets pissed at everything.

Peter David is one of Marvel's top writer's at the moment. Hell, considering how slow and how crap AXM is, I'd say PAD is Marvel's best writer at the moment. Anyone that says otherwise must not be reading X-Factor or be insane.
THE ENTHUSIAST: The Internet's Premier Hate Free Zone!

| Website | Twitter | Facebook |

Advertisement

Kitty_tc_69

Liked in: 63 posts

Postby Kitty_tc_69 » Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:26 pm

Kid Impulse wrote:Peter David is one of Marvel's top writer's at the moment. Hell, considering how slow and how crap AXM is, I'd say PAD is Marvel's best writer at the moment. Anyone that says otherwise must not be reading X-Factor or be insane.

I have never liked PAD's X-Factor. To me, that book died when Louise Simonson left. And he can't sue or threaten me enough to like that piece of crap. He'll have to kill me, and well, good luck getting me to buy it then.

Dragavon
Podcaster

Title: Married
Formerly: Ben Reilly

Postby Dragavon » Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:27 pm

This journal has been suspended.

This is what I got. He got the whole thing shut down?

Pascal
Swedish Pinata of Death

Liked in: 1 post

Postby Pascal » Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:28 pm

Kent Horton wrote:PAD's one of those writers that's past his hey day, and instead of trying to improve, just gets pissed at everything.

Erm, sorry, but PAD is with us since the 80's and is one of the few writers who always puts out top quality stories!

Kent Horton
Garbage Collector

Postby Kent Horton » Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:28 pm

Kid Impulse wrote:Peter David is one of Marvel's top writer's at the moment. Hell, considering how slow and how crap AXM is, I'd say PAD is Marvel's best writer at the moment. Anyone that says otherwise must not be reading X-Factor or be insane.

Or have good taste. I dropped X-Factor because of how far downhill it went after the first year. Like, from the top of Everest to the foot downhill. And what does AXM have to do with anything? :? I certainly don't read that either.

Also, Marvel's best writer? Really? Not. Even. Close. Slott, Van Lente, Pak, Gage, Bendis, Brubaker, Fraction, Abbnet. Lanning. All leagues better than PAD.

Kent Horton
Garbage Collector

Postby Kent Horton » Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:30 pm

Pascal wrote:Erm, sorry, but PAD is with us since the 80's and is one of the few writers who always puts out top quality stories!

He hasn't put out a top quality story since the Madrox mini. And don't get me started on Young Justice's slide from great to crap it's last year. And we all know my opinion of his Supergirl. Even his last Hulk stuff was bad. Well, except Hulk The End. A last grasp at greatness was that.

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 299 posts
Title: Deposted Despot
Formerly: Blight, Deacon Frost, Heinrich Himmler of S_D

Postby Zechs » Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:30 pm

Dragavon wrote:
This journal has been suspended.

This is what I got. He got the whole thing shut down?

Possibly. All that's confirmed at the moment is PAD did shut down any to all X-Factor scans on the site. And probably She-Hulk. He really wasn't kidding about spoiling X-Factor's recent endings. :shock:

sdsichero wrote:
I especially like and admire Zechs. He's everything I wish I could be!

Dragavon wrote:Zechs... is...

Zechs...is...

I can't say it. It's too horrible. Zechs...is...not...wrong...

Pascal
Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby Pascal » Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:33 pm

Kent Horton wrote:He hasn't put out a top quality story since the Madrox mini. And don't get me started on Young Justice's slide from great to crap it's last year. And we all know my opinion of his Supergirl. Even his last Hulk stuff was bad. Well, except Hulk The End. A last grasp at greatness was that.

PAD's Supergirl series wasn't just his best work imo but also one of the all-time greatest comic book series out there!

sdsichero

Happy Pony Day!

Liked in: 813 posts
Title: It's a thing
Formerly: beta-ray

Postby sdsichero » Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:34 pm

Zechs wrote:So posting and scanning a couple pages is illegal? Geez..

If you weren't given permission to by the publisher.. yeah.

Kent Horton
Garbage Collector

Postby Kent Horton » Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:34 pm

Pascal wrote:PAD's Supergirl series wasn't just his best work imo but also one of the all-time greatest comic book series out there!

See, I can accept the whole enjoying it and thinking it's his best work. But one of the greatest series ever? That's just crazy talk, is what that is.

Starlord
Outhouse Editor

Postby Starlord » Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:35 pm

I'd do PAD in a heart beat. He's got that bearish quality to him. Grrrr. :twisted:

Max Blyss wrote:Months and months and months and the whole thing is still just an intersection at Dipshit Lane & Chip on my Shoulder Ave.

sdsichero

Happy Pony Day!

Liked in: 813 posts
Title: It's a thing
Formerly: beta-ray

Postby sdsichero » Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:36 pm

Kent Horton wrote:Or have good taste. I dropped X-Factor because of how far downhill it went after the first year. Like, from the top of Everest to the foot downhill. And what does AXM have to do with anything? :? I certainly don't read that either.

Also, Marvel's best writer? Really? Not. Even. Close. Slott, Van Lente, Pak, Gage, Bendis, Brubaker, Fraction, Abbnet. Lanning. All leagues better than PAD.

Not going to say who is better than who, but as usual you are wrong.

:D

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 299 posts
Title: Deposted Despot
Formerly: Blight, Deacon Frost, Heinrich Himmler of S_D

Postby Zechs » Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:37 pm

starlord wrote:I'd do PAD in a heart beat. He's got that bearish quality to him. Grrrr. :twisted:

He's made me scared of him for life now.

sdsichero wrote:
I especially like and admire Zechs. He's everything I wish I could be!

Dragavon wrote:Zechs... is...

Zechs...is...

I can't say it. It's too horrible. Zechs...is...not...wrong...

Pascal
Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby Pascal » Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:38 pm

starlord wrote:I'd do PAD in a heart beat. He's got that bearish quality to him. Grrrr. :twisted:

Don't touch my PAD! :x

(Hope he really doesn't show up.. :oops: )

Starlord
Outhouse Editor

Postby Starlord » Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:38 pm

Zechs wrote:He's made me scared of him for life now.

scared sex is some of the best kind of sex! :wink:

Max Blyss wrote:Months and months and months and the whole thing is still just an intersection at Dipshit Lane & Chip on my Shoulder Ave.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum