Tuesday, December 6, 2016 • Midnight Edition • "Thoughtful analysis of important cultural issues."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Never Piss Off PAD..

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

Kent Horton

Garbage Collector

Postby Kent Horton » Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:38 pm

sdsichero wrote:Not going to say who is better than who, but as usual you are wrong.




:D

I'm always right. It's a universal fact. :-D
User avatar

KING King Impulse

Teenage Wasteland

Postby KING King Impulse » Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:40 pm

Kent Horton wrote:Or have good taste. I dropped X-Factor because of how far downhill it went after the first year. Like, from the top of Everest to the foot downhill. And what does AXM have to do with anything? :? I certainly don't read that either.

Also, Marvel's best writer? Really? Not. Even. Close. Slott, Van Lente, Pak, Gage, Bendis, Brubaker, Fraction, Abbnet. Lanning. All leagues better than PAD.

I'll admit X-Factor did slide in quality, even PAD has admitted to that, that's why he's so adamant and determined about making this current storyline as awesome as possible.

I mentioned AXM because if it was any good, Ellis would be #1, but that's neither here nor there really.

Out of all the writer's you've listed I'd say only Van Lente comes close. Slott is slaughtering the good name of the Avengers, Pak writes all his characters so that they whitewash whoever their up against, no matter what, Bendis has overextended himself and will never be as good as his Alias glory days, Gage is good but has never been spectacular, Brubaker's been meandering on his MU books and the only one worth any cop is Incognito, Fraction's been on a serious downhill slide recently the more he takes on mainstream work and DnA are fan-servicers of the highest order.
User avatar

Zechs

Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:40 pm

starlord wrote:scared sex is some of the best kind of sex! :wink:


FUCK THAT MAN.. I've seen the horror movies. Hell PAD written some. He's gonna chase me with a Hockey mask and gut me good if I had scared sex.
User avatar

Kent Horton

Garbage Collector

Postby Kent Horton » Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:42 pm

Kid Impulse wrote:I'll admit X-Factor did slide in quality, even PAD has admitted to that, that's why he's so adamant and determined about making this current storyline as awesome as possible.

I mentioned AXM because if it was any good, Ellis would be #1, but that's neither here nor there really.

Out of all the writer's you've listed I'd say only Van Lente comes close. Slott is slaughtering the good name of the Avengers, Pak writes all his characters so that they whitewash whoever their up against, no matter what, Bendis has overextended himself and will never be as good as his Alias glory days, Gage is good but has never been spectacular, Brubaker's been meandering on his MU books and the only one worth any cop is Incognito, Fraction's been on a serious downhill slide recently the more he takes on mainstream work and DnA are fan-servicers of the highest order.


Twigglet? :?

Slott's Avengers are the best they've been since Busiek btw. :P

And DnA are not "fan-servicers" in any stretch of the imagination. I don't even know how you could come to that conclusion, short of heavy medication. :P
User avatar

Chris

Rain Partier

Postby Chris » Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:43 pm

Kid Impulse wrote:Peter David is one of Marvel's top writer's at the moment. Hell, considering how slow and how crap AXM is, I'd say PAD is Marvel's best writer at the moment. Anyone that says otherwise must not be reading X-Factor or be insane.


Ed Brubaker says otherwise.

X-Factor has been too inconsistent. Past couple issues have been great, but there was a lot of crap prior to it a year or so ago.

Kitty_tc_69

Postby Kitty_tc_69 » Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:45 pm

I'm serious, if anyone has those scans I'll post them myself.

Fuck PAD.
User avatar

Zechs

Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:46 pm

Kitty_tc_69 wrote:I'm serious, if anyone has those scans I'll post them myself.

Fuck PAD.


See current moment of the week.
User avatar

Chris

Rain Partier

Postby Chris » Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:46 pm

Kitty_tc_69 wrote:I'm serious, if anyone has those scans I'll post them myself.

Fuck PAD.


You're such a rebel
User avatar

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:46 pm

Zechs wrote:FUCK!!! *runs and hides*

I'm dead. I'm dead. I'm SO DEAD.

Probably gonna take down X-Factor #40 now..


DANG! I never thought I'd ever hear that from you!
User avatar

Kerny

Review Grouper

Postby Kerny » Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:48 pm

Kent Horton wrote:
Slott's Avengers are the best they've been since Busiek btw. :P

:x

Kitty_tc_69

Postby Kitty_tc_69 » Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:48 pm

Zechs wrote:See current moment of the week.


Link please?

And is it true that all of Scans Daily has been shut down?
User avatar

GLX

Outhouse Editor

Postby GLX » Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:48 pm

Kitty_tc_69 wrote:I'm serious, if anyone has those scans I'll post them myself.

Fuck PAD.


God bless you.
User avatar

Pascal

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby Pascal » Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:48 pm

Kitty_tc_69 wrote:I'm serious, if anyone has those scans I'll post them myself.

Fuck PAD.


As you may know, the enemy of PAD is also my enemy... :x :wink:
User avatar

Zechs

Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:49 pm

Pascal wrote:As you may know, the enemy of PAD is also my enemy... :x :wink:


MERCY!! PLEASE!! If he joins can you put in a good word. He falls for your puppy eyes.
User avatar

Starlord

Outhouse Editor

Postby Starlord » Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:50 pm

If I was with you right now, Kitty, I'd pull out a nice fat rolled up blunt full of catnip and we could just sit back and relax and talk about the good old days when John Byrne was good and nobody had ever heard of Liefield. :-D

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: FaceBook [Linkcheck], Google [Bot], MSNbot Media and 84 guests