Saturday, July 30, 2016 • Evening Edition • "At least we're not Newsarama!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Never Piss Off PAD..

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

nietoperz

The Goddamn Bat-min

Postby nietoperz » Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:47 am

Zechs wrote:Um.. his long ass Incredible Hulk run. Just putting it out there. Cause it seems like you all forget that.

The best run on the character by a huge margin. Man, I loved that book back then!

Pascal

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby Pascal » Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:49 am

nietoperz wrote:The best run on the character by a huge margin. Man, I loved that book back then!

Loved it, too. Especially the Pantheon days. Man, I loved Gary Frank's artwork. It was so cool that they reunited for Supergirl in 1996.

genetic freak

cheese

Postby genetic freak » Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:34 am

Pascal wrote:Loved it, too. Especially the Pantheon days. Man, I loved Gary Frank's artwork. It was so cool that they reunited for Supergirl in 1996.

Dale Keown and Gary Frank back to back runs were the best period IMO.

john lewis hawk

Founder of The Outhouse

Postby john lewis hawk » Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:36 pm

Zechs wrote:Um.. his long ass Incredible Hulk run. Just putting it out there. Cause it seems like you all forget that.
Four Captain Marvel trades. A gajillion Hulk trades.

Alex Delarge

Post Whore

Postby Alex Delarge » Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:53 pm

How realistic is it to expect to triple the sales numbers of any book without a crossover or some other gimmick attached to it? Just on pure storytelling alone?

Zechs

Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:21 pm

http://www.peterdavid.net/

His March 2nd entry:

I checked with John Jackson Miller who knows more about comic book sales than just about anybody. And he said that since 2001, unit sales on comics are in fact on the increase. The numbers he quoted are as follows:

>2001 66.92 million copies
>2002 73.72 million copies
>2003 73.02 million copies
>2004 74.14 million copies
>2005 76.13 million copies
>2006 81.85 million copies
>2007 85.27 million copies
>2008 81.34 million copies

>Granted, 2008 was a drop off. But it’s ridiculous to try and pin THAT on the internet with the struggling economy.

>I should not have made the assertion that sales were dropping without double checking. stand corrected.

>PAD

Good he admited he was wrong, but I find it funny now that the whole entire purpose PAD had on attacking Scans Daily and thus sending the wrath of Marvel Legal department down upon Live Journal them is now mute.

habitual

Silly French Man

Postby habitual » Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:26 pm

Zechs wrote:http://www.peterdavid.net/

His March 2nd entry:

I checked with John Jackson Miller who knows more about comic book sales than just about anybody. And he said that since 2001, unit sales on comics are in fact on the increase. The numbers he quoted are as follows:

>Granted, 2008 was a drop off. But it’s ridiculous to try and pin THAT on the internet with the struggling economy.

>I should not have made the assertion that sales were dropping without double checking. stand corrected.

>PAD

Good he admited he was wrong, but I find it funny now that the whole entire purpose PAD had on attacking Scans Daily and thus sending the wrath of Marvel Legal department down upon Live Journal them is now mute.

PAD should have sent scans daily a thank you note as opposed to a letter from his corporate lawyer.

Hab

Zechs

Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:28 pm

habitual wrote:PAD should have sent scans daily a thank you note as opposed to a letter from his corporate lawyer.

Hab

Who are now breathing down my neck. :(

john lewis hawk

Founder of The Outhouse

Postby john lewis hawk » Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:56 pm

habitual wrote:PAD should have sent scans daily a thank you note as opposed to a letter from his corporate lawyer.

Hab
Only if The Outhouse, Newsarama, CBR, Wizard, and every other web site that's devoted time to comics gets one too.

habitual

Silly French Man

Postby habitual » Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:58 pm

john lewis wrote:Only if The Outhouse, Newsarama, CBR, Wizard, and every other web site that's devoted time to comics gets one too.

I'll make sure he has access to a memmemmememmemgraph machine.

Hab

john lewis hawk

Founder of The Outhouse

Postby john lewis hawk » Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:00 pm

habitual wrote:I'll make sure he has access to a memmemmememmemgraph machine.

Hab
Sweet.

rdrsfn82

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby rdrsfn82 » Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:29 pm

nietoperz wrote:The best run on the character by a huge margin. Man, I loved that book back then!

Agreed. His short run before Pak and after Jones is also spectacularly awesome and has one of my all time favorite Hulk stories in it. The single issue one where he hunts for a murderer. It's spectacular.

rdrsfn82

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby rdrsfn82 » Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:30 pm

Zechs wrote:http://www.peterdavid.net/

His March 2nd entry:

>PAD

Surely none of that has to do with comics becoming really mainstream thanks to movies and such over that same time period. :P

Zechs

Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:51 pm

rdrsfn82 wrote:Surely none of that has to do with comics becoming really mainstream thanks to movies and such over that same time period. :P

Nah.. :P

leave a comment with facebook