Advertisement

New Captain America: Winter Soldier Trailer

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 5 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Re: New Captain America: Winter Soldier Trailer

Postby Grayson » Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:46 pm

syxxpakk wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:smt017 ... :-(
ImageImageImage

Advertisement

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 2 posts
Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris

Postby Chris » Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:51 pm

Here is my guess at the story, based on what little we know and the trailer:

After the Battle of New York in Avengers, the government gives SHIELD total control over defense of the country. They build the Triskellion, and a whole fleet of new Helicarriers to police the nation. Steve doesn't like the big brother-esque police state, and tries to speak up but is patted on the head by Alexander Pierce (Redford, as the head of SHIELD) and told to shut up and be a good little soldier.

Steve enlists Fury in righting wrongs, and Pierce turns all of SHIELD on them. We find out that Pierce is working against Cap and the country from within SHIELD, manipulating it to his own ends. Maybe he is the Red Skull ala Lukin from Bru's run. Either way, he works for HYDRA or whatever HYDRA evolved into, and he's got his own people infiltrated throughout every level of SHIELD.

Enter Crossbones as a SHIELD agent.

So once the secret is out, we've got Cap/Widow and Nick Fury vs. a corrupt SHIELD, Crossbones, and a mysterious HYDRA agent called the Winter Soldier.

We see Steve in his WW2 outfit, and it's not a flashback, because he is fighting modern soldiers. So I'm thinking this will be part of his attempt to jog Bucky's memory, by showing up in his WW2 suit.
Last edited by Chris on Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:54 pm

Chris wrote:We see Steve in his WW2 outfit, and it's not a flashback, because he is fighting modern soldiers. So I'm thinking this will be part of his attempt to jog Bucky's memory, by showing up in his WW2 suit.

And because it's the best of his cinematic costumes so far! :-D
ImageImageImage

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Chris » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:01 pm

Grayson wrote:
And because it's the best of his cinematic costumes so far! :-D

I like the new one the most. And I did not dislike the Avengers suit at all, unlike most people. But I agree the Cap 1 suit was better than that.

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:05 pm

Chris wrote:I like the new one the most. And I did not dislike the Avengers suit at all, unlike most people. But I agree the Cap 1 suit was better than that.

I don't hate the new costume because I recognize it for what it is, his S.H.I.E.L.D. uniform. The Avengers suit served it's purpose but it was a little boring and almost felt unfinished. The World War II suit just worked extremely well. It felt like a suit that a soldier in Steve's position would wear but it also felt like a suit that Captain America would wear.
ImageImageImage

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Chris » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:06 pm

I think the helmet for the new suit is BY FAAAR the best.

Agent of the Bat
Outhouse World Champion

Liked in: 3 posts
Title: I'm a Paul Heyman Guy.
Formerly: T-Rex

Postby Agent of the Bat » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:09 pm

Grayson wrote:
I don't hate the new costume because I recognize it for what it is, his S.H.I.E.L.D. uniform. The Avengers suit served it's purpose but it was a little boring and almost felt unfinished. The World War II suit just worked extremely well. It felt like a suit that a soldier in Steve's position would wear but it also felt like a suit that Captain America would wear.

Exactly! Love the WWII Cap suit, it is probably my favorite superhero costume ever put on film.

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:10 pm

Chris wrote:I think the helmet for the new suit is BY FAAAR the best.

The helmet has always been the weakest part of the costume for me in the movies. I won't complain about it too much though since it could be worse. I absolutely hate Thor's Movieverse costume.
ImageImageImage

Agent of the Bat
Outhouse World Champion

Liked in: 3 posts
Title: I'm a Paul Heyman Guy.
Formerly: T-Rex

Postby Agent of the Bat » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:15 pm

Grayson wrote:
The helmet has always been the weakest part of the costume for me in the movies. I won't complain about it too much though since it could be worse. I absolutely hate Thor's Movieverse costume.

I don't hate Thor's but I wish he would wear the helmet more often. Actually I wish he would adopt a look more like the current Thor has, a bit more viking and little less superhero. I also like Thor better without the sleeves, and Hemsworth has the muscles to pull off the sleeveless look :lol:

Draco x
penile prisoner

Liked in: 1 post

Postby Draco x » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:16 pm

Grayson wrote:
Arnim Zola was caught in the first film. Colonel Phillips ate a steak in front of him while he was in a holding cell. :smt102

Oh my bad, I remember now. Maybe I was thinking of another movie.

Draco x
penile prisoner

Postby Draco x » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:18 pm

Chris wrote:
The guy on the plane when Cap jumps out that confirms he's not wearing a parachute is Crossbones.

Good stuff. I hope they make Crossbones like the DKR version of Bane seeing as how Bane was inspired by his character in the comics. I really hope they show him to be more than just some generic thug like he is usually portrayed as.

Draco x
penile prisoner

Postby Draco x » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:22 pm

Chris wrote:Here is my guess at the story, based on what little we know and the trailer:

After the Battle of New York in Avengers, the government gives SHIELD total control over defense of the country. They build the Triskellion, and a whole fleet of new Helicarriers to police the nation. Steve doesn't like the big brother-esque police state, and tries to speak up but is patted on the head by Alexander Pierce (Redford, as the head of SHIELD) and told to shut up and be a good little soldier.

Steve enlists Fury in righting wrongs, and Pierce turns all of SHIELD on them. We find out that Pierce is working against Cap and the country from within SHIELD, manipulating it to his own ends. Maybe he is the Red Skull ala Lukin from Bru's run. Either way, he works for HYDRA or whatever HYDRA evolved into, and he's got his own people infiltrated throughout every level of SHIELD.

Enter Crossbones as a SHIELD agent.

So once the secret is out, we've got Cap/Widow and Nick Fury vs. a corrupt SHIELD, Crossbones, and a mysterious HYDRA agent called the Winter Soldier.

We see Steve in his WW2 outfit, and it's not a flashback, because he is fighting modern soldiers. So I'm thinking this will be part of his attempt to jog Bucky's memory, by showing up in his WW2 suit.

Good call. I theorize that Alexander Pierce is basically what Red Skull's fake ID Dell Rusk is-although part of me would like to think that Alexander Pierce/ Dell Rusk is really Red Skull returning in a new body-or perhaps a pawn of Armin Zola, seeing as how he is in the movie from what I understand.

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Chris » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:25 pm

I bet Crossbones will just look like he does on the plane. Some soldier gear. He might wear something like this at some point just as a wink but I doubt he wears the mask full-time:

sdsichero
2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Liked in: 7 posts
Title: ライダー変身!
Formerly: beta-ray

Postby sdsichero » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:35 pm

adamiani wrote:Liked a lot of it.

WTF was with him jumping out of the plane without a chute?

He was jealous of Stark's Stark Expo entrance? :smt102

And are we really getting a helicarrier crash already? Those damned things just don't seem to want to stay up....

That's what she said!

:|

Draco x
penile prisoner

Postby Draco x » Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:58 am

Chris wrote:I bet Crossbones will just look like he does on the plane. Some soldier gear. He might wear something like this at some point just as a wink but I doubt he wears the mask full-time:

I'm fine with but as long as he gets some good lines throughout the movie and he is a mental and physical threat to Cap.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum