Thursday, July 19, 2018 • Morning Edition • "Fuck 'em if they can't take a joke."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

New "Create a ......" group Week 14: All are One

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Psivage

FROGMAN

Postby Psivage » Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:54 pm

Damn. I think I'm going to have to miss this one. My niece is up here and she basically left her dog here. So I have to look after it until she leaves.

Sorry.

I hopefully though get to do this later.

BubbaKanoosh

2009 Most Valuable Poster

Postby BubbaKanoosh » Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:39 pm

BubbaKanoosh wrote:Again, I am doing a one shot, that leads into 4 minis that lead into a maxi series.

The series would be called Ice Age

Starting of with Ice Age #0

StormWatch
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Backlash, Silver Agent, Fire, Mr. Terrific, Agent Brand, War Machine, Winter, and Fugi

Omega Flight
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Guardian, Shaman, Snowbird, Talisman, Fleur De Lis, Centrix, and Kane (Weapon X)

Starts off with Omega Flight, following them around Henry (Guardian) and Heather mostly. Training etc. When both Henry and his wife walk by a window, they notice a blizzard outside, which is odd becuase its mid June. When they try to contact the rest of the team no answer. Then the lights in the base go out. Kane radios Guardian saying something is wrong with Shaman, Snowbird and Talisman

Turns out all three of them are using there magic to summon a powerful storm. When tryin to reason with them, they get attacked. A storm of incredible magnitude. For help. he contacts SHEILDS orbital base StormWatch.

Up on the orbital base, the StornWatch team are all of a sudden doing what there name implies. They are watching blizzards and snowstorms slowly engulf the earth. They soon get a static filled message from Omega Flight explaining the situation, before they can reply, without warning, Winter lets loose is cold blast onto the main desk sending the Satelite into the atnosphere.

To be continued in the minis
in another post.

Ice Age: Infinity X

ImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

Cyclops, Beast, Colossus, Rogue, Brainwave. Jade. Atom Smasher, and Northwind

With two of there members, Storm and Iceman, causing massive blizzards and carnage in California for unknown reason, the team has no choice but to put and end to it. It becomes more difficult when the Govt. beleives this "Ice Age" a mutant attack and sends a Nimrod Unit and a squadron of OMACs to solve this problem once and for all.

ImageImage

Storm and Iceman

ImageImage

Ice Age: JLAvengers

ImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

Captain America, Wasp, Thor, Vision, Ms. Marvel, Batman, Firestorm, Flash, and Wonder Woman

With a massive blizzard hits New York, which even Thor cannot stop, the team tries to evacuate the city as quickly as possible. Of course, the Sinister Seven use this as a perfect oppurtunity to attack. But what happens a member of both teams (Ice and Killer Frost) start attacking everyone, including there own team mates

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

The Top, Graviton, Cheetah, Star Sapphire, Crimson Dynamo, Radioactive Man

ImageImage

Ice and Killer Frost

Ice Age: Brave and the Bold

ImageImage

Nightwing and Bigby Wolf

With Gotham City under seige by the icestorm, both Nightwing and Bigby go to a last resort to see if he can help with a serum that will protect people from the harsh winter. But with his utopia at stake, will he even listen to reason?

Mr. Freeze.

Ice Age: Stingray

When Stingray goes to investigate the freezing waters of the Ocean, he comes across an injured Namor. Claiming that his wife Dolphin is dead, and his step brother Tempest has gone mad. With Atlantis in danger, how long will it take for this threat to reach the surface world?

Endless Winter

All these mini lead into another mini called Endless Winter. Characters from each of the 4 minis and Ice Age #0 follow leads to the Arctic where they learn of their teammates strange behaviors, and the cause of the Ice Age.

Lumi, the Snow Queen wishes to make the world in her image. And with her magic she has called up that massive blizzard aswell as control over the various "winter" characters. Using them as her honour guard...

...until she can ressurect her true champion, Ymir.

BubbaKanoosh

Postby BubbaKanoosh » Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:04 pm

anyone wanna review?

Psivage

FROGMAN

Postby Psivage » Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:12 pm

BubbaKanoosh wrote:anyone wanna review?

They all suck.

review done. :D

BubbaKanoosh

Postby BubbaKanoosh » Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:13 pm

Psivage wrote:They all suck.

review done. :D

:cry:

Psivage

FROGMAN

Postby Psivage » Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:14 pm

BubbaKanoosh wrote::cry:

don't cry tiny dancer!

BubbaKanoosh

Postby BubbaKanoosh » Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:17 pm

Psivage wrote:don't cry tiny dancer!

meaniehead.

rdrsfn82

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby rdrsfn82 » Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:38 pm

Hell to Pay: Prologue - A one shot story
Geoff Johns and George Perez (two folks that get smaller characters and bigger ones, plus the art will be gorgeous)

Prince Charming. A legendary lover of women. A man who has had literally thousands of conquests. He wrecks homes and marriages, for fun. He cares not at all about what happens. In the Mundy world he's traveled all over and scored with women from most every country. To women he is the perfect man, they ignore his faults and only focus on his charm. He's done many good deeds in his life, but he is the walking embodiment of lust. As he heads back to Fabletown someone taps him on the shoulder, someone he's never seen before but recognizes instantly. The Prince's face turns to horror as he knows his time has come. Where he was standing is now just a charred piece of ground. We see him again, in Hell. And standing before him are three beings he's never seen before, but we've seen many many times.

ImageImageImage

Trigon, Mephisto, and Violator. All Hells have banded together and are going to take out all sinners on all Earths. Now all the Earths are bleeding together into one. Who will stop these demons?

Hell's Best - A 3 part miniseries
Jason Aaron and Todd McFarlene (in a perfect world he shuts his mouth and draws)

ImageImage

The two greatest heroes, not to mention two of the only heroes, to come out of Hell are working together. They both want to make sure things get back to normal. Who can stand in their way?

ImageImage

Two of Ghost Rider's greatest enemies. Vengeance and Blackout lead an army of demons against them. This is a battle that will lead into Hell.

Sinful Ways - A 3 part miniseries
Gail Simone and Bill Willingham (I couldn't keep him off of a book about Bigby)

Punisher, Catman, Deadshot, Bigby Wolf, and Bullseye. The deadliest killers in their worlds. Now they are all together on one planet. Not only that but someone is trying to bring them down for their sins. Other than Bigby none of them have powers. Can the five of them escape this threat, or will they kill each other? They better work together if they hope to defeat the being chasing them down.

The Defenders - A 3 issue miniseries
Giffen, Dematties, and Maguire (they stay serious for this one, but I loved the look and feel on their Defenders story)

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Fate, Strange, Hellboy, Hulk, Doom, The Phantom Stranger, Blue Devil, and Captain Marvel. A formidable force and probably the last hope at defeating the forces of Evil. This disparate group of heroes, and one villain that really hates the forces of Hell, join together to stage a siege into Hell and end this once and for all. Can they succeed?

Hell to Pay - A 6 issue miniseries
Johns and Perez

All the heroes have played their parts, the villains have succeeded in taking some of them down and recruiting others to their cause. Everything will come down to our groups joining forces and taking out their various enemies, as well as the armies of Hell. Can they succeed? What will be the cost? And who's really behind all of this?

Darkseid. He's put all this together to create chaos and take over all worlds in one fell swoop. Just when everything seems impossible and that there is no hope of defeating evil, a savior is seen. A man who has power beyond magic. A man that could turn the tide. A man that can fight Darkseid one on one in the greatest battle of all time.

The Surfer has received a distress call from his friend Dr Strange and he's turned his back on Galactus again to save the day. He flies in to take on Darkseid. Can he win? Is it enough to turn the tide back in favor of the heroes?

BubbaKanoosh

Postby BubbaKanoosh » Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:37 pm

Nice. I love it.

Great use of Fable characters.

:-)

I would so buy that.

Turd Crapley

Rain Partier

Postby Turd Crapley » Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:39 pm

Bubba all I got say is genius dude, pure genius! I would buy the hell outta both of you events dude! Especially the Ice Age Event, that is just fuckin awesome man!

BubbaKanoosh

Postby BubbaKanoosh » Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:49 pm

Troy wrote:Bubba all I got say is genius dude, pure genius! I would buy the hell outta both of you events dude! Especially the Ice Age Event, that is just fuckin awesome man!

Thats :-D

I was inspired by that Capt. Cold vs Mr. Freeze thread that was made last week. lol

I was inpressed how well it came together.

rdrsfn82

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby rdrsfn82 » Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:08 pm

BubbaKanoosh wrote:Nice. I love it.

Great use of Fable characters.

:-)

I would so buy that.

Thanks. I was trying to think of reasons for folks from different worlds to team up and thought of the idea of using the various Satan analogs. I tried to find Neron and Malebogia (or however you spell it from Spawn) and had to settle for lesser folks. I also wanted to use the Saint of Killers to go after the killers and then team up with them, but couldn't find him. Finally, just like in Annihilation, I wanted a big surprise as to who was really behind things. Also I wanted someone for the Surfer to fight, since I figured with the other Defenders, minus Namor, it would be cool to see him out there. Overall I think it came out OK, but could have been better if I could have found those micros.

rdrsfn82

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby rdrsfn82 » Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:09 pm

BubbaKanoosh wrote:Thats :-D

I was inspired by that Capt. Cold vs Mr. Freeze thread that was made last week. lol

I was inpressed how well it came together.

It came together well. I like the idea, but I figured it was Lumi right away. :-D

At least that's what I was hoping it was. The use of Ymir as her main guy was awesome.

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:12 pm

The Invaders starring in "War is Hell!"

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Captain America
Namor
Toro
Citizen V
Green Lantern (Sentinel)
Jay Garrick
Uncle Sam (more of a ghostly Obi Wan/spiritual advisor to them)
Hourman
Amazing Man (heh heh... the "token")
Bigby

Working with both Nick Fury's Howling Commandos and the Easy Company, along with the Blackhawks, the Invaders have one hell of a job in front of them - dethrone Dynaman (with Hitler's brain!), destroy the Spear of Destiny and stop the army of Master Men. None of them REALLY expect to make it home and most of them don't. They've pulled in all of the reserves and even have an unexpected ally with the stranger "Bigby" but will they be enough? And how does this tie into what's happening in the present day?

B.P.R.D

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Hellboy
Liz Sherman
Abe Sapien
Nightcrawler (he WAS a "paranormal investigator" in his series, after all)
Pete Wisdom
Raine Sinclair
a ninja Man-Bat

(with some tech/manpower from the MiB)

These guys are headquartered in London, where lots of magic heebie-jeebie goes down. These guys are the top agents of the B.P.R.D, a fully autonomous strike force. They tend to tackle the bigger threats (i.e. an invading army from Hell, etc.). They have plenty of technology and resources, located in a secret headquarters (where they all have the option of living). Wisdom's reporting to the folks upstairs and they all feel the red tape wrapping around them sometimes.

Midnight Sons

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Dr. Strange
Blade
Elsa Bloodstone (couldn't find her Micro, I just pretend that she's wearing the shirt with a sense of irony)
Werewolf by Night
Cloak
Dagger
Jason Blood
Voodoo
Spawn
Nightshade
Detective Chimp
Constantine

Yeah, this is a kinda big team. Thing is, though, these guys are mostly loners. They kinda hang together and lend each other a hand sometimes but they don't go on patrol together or anything. They don't have a charter or monthly meetings. There's no fortune and glory here. Only for the biggest of the biggest threats will Dr. Strange pull them all together. And sometimes they don't quite see eye to eye with the B.P.R.D, who seems to turn a blind eye towards them sometimes...

*If they hung out in the same circles, the Winchester bros (from Supernatural) would be honorary Midnight Sons. 8)

The B.P.R.D. and the Midnight Sons starring in "Underworld Siege" (a nod to "Underworld Unleashed"). Okay, it's the B.P.R.D's story with the Midnight Sons as extended cameos/background.

When Neron used a shard of the Spear of Destiny to topple Malbognia, everyone knew no good would come of it. And when Neron exiled all the demons loyal to him to the surface world, things went batshit insane. All over the world, demons started springing up and heading to the major metropolitian centers. Groups like the League can knock them down but can't take them out of the fight. So the Sons are trying to hold the fort on Earth while the B.P.R.D try to "fix" the chaos in Hell. But at what cost? And will it be too high for Hellboy to pay?

BubbaKanoosh

Postby BubbaKanoosh » Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:34 pm

now THAT is an Invaders lineup!!!!

leave a comment with facebook