Sunday, July 22, 2018 • Midnight Edition • "The Outhousers of Earth Ugh"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

New "Create a ......" group Week 14: All are One

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:52 pm

BubbaKanoosh wrote:now THAT is an Invaders lineup!!!!

I thought about using Thor, but I thought that might be a little overkill. I also had Starman and Commander Steel on the team, but I thought it was a little much...

But DAMN, going up against Amazing Man and the Master Men, I had to have some power there! 8)

BubbaKanoosh

2009 Most Valuable Poster

Postby BubbaKanoosh » Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:38 am

HNutz wrote:I thought about using Thor, but I thought that might be a little overkill. I also had Starman and Commander Steel on the team, but I thought it was a little much...

But DAMN, going up against Amazing Man and the Master Men, I had to have some power there! 8)

Commander Steel coulda worked I think. But yeah, Thor woulda been a tad too much lol

BubbaKanoosh

Postby BubbaKanoosh » Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:03 am

rdrsfn82 wrote:It came together well. I like the idea, but I figured it was Lumi right away. :-D

At least that's what I was hoping it was. The use of Ymir as her main guy was awesome.

Yeah, it was kinda obvious. There really was no way I could hide it, so the "big reveal" was more like a "Yes, I guessed it" lol

But, I am glad you enjoyed :-D

e_galston

Staff Writer

Postby e_galston » Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:18 am

anyone want to review my groups?

Dragavon

Podcaster

Postby Dragavon » Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:25 am

Troy wrote:Young Heroes In Love:The Adventures of Invincible and Supergirl
By Brian Michael Bendis and Ryan Ottely

This book would be about the misadventures of 2 of the most powerful heroes in the world as the struggle with the everyday peaks and valleys of teenage love as well as trying to save the universe.

ImageImage

Absolutely love this concept!

BubbaKanoosh

Postby BubbaKanoosh » Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:29 am

e_galston wrote:anyone want to review my groups?

I will do a review later for everyone, I just haven't had the chance :-)

Dragavon

Podcaster

Postby Dragavon » Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:53 am

e_galston wrote:Birds of Prey:

Writer: Gail Simone
Artist: Nicola Scott

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Like the group but would change the lineup to:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage(Jessica Drew)

e_galston

Staff Writer

Postby e_galston » Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:07 pm

Dragavon wrote:Like the group but would change the lineup to:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage(Jessica Drew)

i was gonna put Dinah and Black Cat on the team, but i really like the dynamic between babs, helena, and zinda without dinah there, and i didn't want to use Felicia as the "token" villian gone good, so i put Songbird (for the whole birds theme)

e_galston

Staff Writer

Postby e_galston » Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:27 am

So bored and can't sleep (that's what working 3rd shift does to u) so i thought i'd make some more groupings:

Thunderbolts:
Writer: Warren Ellis
Artist: Dedato

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

New Warriors:

Writer: McKeever
Artist: Churchill

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Secret Six:
Writer: Gail Simone
Artist: Joe Bennet

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Checkmate:
Writer: Greg Rucka
Artist: Gaydos

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Guardians of the Galaxy:

Writers: DnA
Artist: Pellitier

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Mr. Batman

Postby Mr. Batman » Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:06 am

rdrsfn82 wrote:How dare you interrupt my ramblings with a post that's on topic. :evil: :P

Seriously though those are some awesome teams. Love the Secret Six and Guardians of the Galaxy in particular.

Those were the exact ones I liked

Mr. Batman

Postby Mr. Batman » Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:18 am

Bubba, you're a true genius.

Kudos to everyone else also

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:35 am

Okay, so 7 men (and women) are brought together by an up and coming crime lord. He wants a collection of hard men to protect his empire and look after his interests. He got some that had kept themselves off of the radar, ones that he felt he could mold. He wanted some that weren't "metas" because he had a plan for them.

However, they didn't much take to "the carrot and the stick". When these 7 found out that their loved ones were endangered to keep them motivated, it was like awaking a sleeping giant.

The Secret Seven

Deadshot
Catman
Ezekiel Stane
Angstrom Levy
Zealot
Cardiac
Toxin

*REALLY wanted to use Taskmaster, but I didn't think he'd be all that different from Deadshot here, and I didn't want that. Thought about using the Spider Doppleganger or White Tiger, but I think Toxin's more interesting here. :)

And who's the criminal mastermind lurking in the shadows? Who's the armor clad leader leader in the cloak who's behind it all? Could it be.... DOOM?

No. It's not Doom. Instead, it's the reborn Overlord. Who, you ask? The dude who impaled Savage Dragon and chopped off his hand when they first MET. Yeah, he's a bad ass. And with all the hijinks going on in Hell (see my earlier posts), he's taking the opportunity to rebuild his life on Earth.

But he miscalculated (or did he?) and now the Seven are gunning for him.

Of course, Stane betrays the team to Overlord and, after the "defeat" of Overlord, Levy turns on the team, trying to take Overlord's empire and resources for himself.

BubbaKanoosh

Postby BubbaKanoosh » Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:42 am

Angstrom Levy ?

Who is that? Sounds familiar...

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:20 pm

Basically... He's one of Invincible's baddies.

Wikipedia wrote:Little is known about Angstrom Levy's background; including how and when he developed the power to open up portals to alternate realities. At some point Levy sets out to amass information about the various alternate Earths so as to be able to travel through them more safely. To this end he contacts alternate versions of himself from hundreds of parallel Earths, and convinces them to help him. Next Levy frees the supervillains the Mauler Twins from prison on the condition that they help him create a machine that would allow him to copy the memories of his alternate reality counterparts into his own brain.

With the aid of versions of themselves from other realities, the Mauler Twins are able to construct the machine. Levy is in the process of uploading the memories of his alternate selves when the process was interrupted by Invincible who is trying to apprehend the Maulers. The Maulers are on the verge of killing Invincible when Levy halts the machine to try and stop them, causing it to overload and explode. Unbeknownst to Invincible, Levy survives the explosion but was horribly mutated and suffered internal organ damage.

Surgeons are able to rebuild and even enhance Levy’s body but they were unable to correct his monstrous appearance. Levy is left with a burning hatred of Invincible whom he blames for the accident. He is able to discover that Invincible was really Mark Grayson by travelling to realities where his identity is public knowledge.

Levy takes Mark's mother and his toddler baby brother hostage in their home and lures Mark in with a phone message. When Mark arrives to rescue his family, Levy sends him into the Marvel Universe. Levy mistreats his family, tossing the baby (who is caught safely) around and breaking his mother's arms in retaliation for a failed attack with a lamp.

Mark returns but is sent to various other realities, such as one with zombies and some with familiar and not so familiar super-powered beings. On one of his many futile trips back home, Mark learns that Levy intends simply to wear him down and kill him, along with his family. Then he will do the same to all alternate Marks.

Mark, tricking his opponent by waiting on one side of a portal, manages to tackle Levy into an abandoned wasteland of an Earth. Overestimating the success of Levy's enhancements, Mark seemingly beats him to death on accident. Mark is rescued from this wasteland by future versions of his friends, who had traveled through time and space to find him.

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:21 am

I'm planning to do something with the G.L.L (Great Lakes League) this afternoon sometime.

But until then... BUMP!

leave a comment with facebook