Monday, August 20, 2018 • Morning Edition • "Assholes welcome."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

New MF DOOM album drops 10/28!!!

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:07 pm

MF DOOM - Born Into This

Apparently drops 10/28 on Lex Records and features production from J Dilla & Dangermouse and appearances by Ghostface and Raekwon.

I hope this isn't a bunch of BS. Either way, Operation: Doomsday and Black Bastards re-issues are out next Tuesday.

JL_Amato

rubber spoon

Postby JL_Amato » Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:11 pm

I'll be getting it.

We really should have a rap/hip-hop thread.

Strict31

Rain Partier

Postby Strict31 » Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:35 pm

JL_Amato wrote:I'll be getting it.

We really should have a rap/hip-hop thread.

Occassionally, one thread will sorta morph into a, impromptu rap/hip-hop thread, and then, folks start talking about hos they hate rap, which is kind of a downer, and then, someone mentions that only white people like certain hip-hop artists. And then someone complains that it's not art. At which point I remind myself of the plagues brought onto mankind by the white devil and his scurrilous ways.

And then we all sort of agree to let it drop.

So maybe a permanent rap/hip-hop thread might be counter-productive.

Crump

Hater

Postby Crump » Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:44 pm

Keb wrote:MF DOOM - Born Into This

Apparently drops 10/28 on Lex Records and features production from J Dilla & Dangermouse and appearances by Ghostface and Raekwon.

I hope this isn't a bunch of BS. Either way, Operation: Doomsday and Black Bastards re-issues are out next Tuesday.

SOURCE, MOTHAFUCKA?

Dude, I haven't heard any of this? Doomsday AND a new album, what? :shock:

GLX

Outhouse Editor

Postby GLX » Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:48 pm

How many J Dilla produced tracks are going to keep coming out?

Crump

Hater

Postby Crump » Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:52 pm

And honestly now, how good is Black Bastards? I've never heard any of that old school KMD, is it worth it? I don't like any of that dance-y type rap shit. That bouncey, cheesy shit.

eyp

Fagorstorm

Postby eyp » Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:00 pm

Crump wrote:And honestly now, how good is Black Bastards? I've never heard any of that old school KMD, is it worth it? I don't like any of that dance-y type rap shit. That bouncey, cheesy shit.

the cheesy shit is still better then the shit they play in bars/clubs.

Crump

Hater

Postby Crump » Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:18 pm

eypcrew2 wrote:the cheesy shit is still better then the shit they play in bars/clubs.

doesn't mean I wanna hear it! I really have no idea what this sounds like, is what I'm saying. does it sounds like lame 90s or like spaced-out DOOM goodness?

Lord Simian

The Lord of the Monkeys

Postby Lord Simian » Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:29 pm

This IS the guy who appears in a Gladiator mask? :)

Crump

Hater

Postby Crump » Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:33 pm

you guys'll note the new album is being released by DOOM, not MF DOOM. Hm.

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:42 pm

Yeah, part of me thinks "DOOM" is not producing his new album (if Dilla and Dangermouse are producing tracks, there will probably be more guest producers), but I'm hoping it's not one of those Viktor Vaughn shenanigans (I hate those albums, especially the 2nd one).

http://www.cratekings.com/mf-doom-born- ... ober-21st/ source

the re-issues are listed on amazon.com, accesshiphop and some other online hip hop retailers (but those two are the only ones I've checked).

KMD is very different from current Daniel Dumile stuff. A very different era, but Mr. Hood is worth checking out. It's got the same vibe as early Tribe and De La.

Crump

Hater

Postby Crump » Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:46 pm

Keb wrote:Yeah, part of me thinks "DOOM" is not producing his new album (if Dilla and Dangermouse are producing tracks, there will probably be more guest producers), but I'm hoping it's not one of those Viktor Vaughn shenanigans (I hate those albums, especially the 2nd one).

http://www.cratekings.com/mf-doom-born- ... ober-21st/ source

the re-issues are listed on amazon.com, accesshiphop and some other online hip hop retailers (but those two are the only ones I've checked).

KMD is very different from current Daniel Dumile stuff. A very different era, but Mr. Hood is worth checking out. It's got the same vibe as early Tribe and De La.

Doom - Born into This is on Amazon now too!

i like the first VV album, haven't heard the 2nd

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:01 am

Vaudeville Villain isn't bad. There are some decent tracks, but Venomous Villain is crap. The production is awful. Bad production can really make or break a DOOM album.

JL_Amato

rubber spoon

Postby JL_Amato » Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:32 am

I don't feel like making a new thread so...

Blueprint III Rumoured Tracklist From Defsounds.com

01. Wake Up New York (Intro)
02. Most Kings
03. Hades (Lucifer Pt. II)
04. Eternal Jewels (ft. Jay Electronica) [prod. by Jay Electronica]
05. Blueprint 3
06. Lucy (ft. Chris Martin)
07. The Audacity of Dope
08. S.L.U. Pt. 2 (ft. Nas, Andre 3000, and Young Jeezy)
09. Election Night (We believe in Obama)
10. Just Memories
11. Apostate (ft. Eminem) [prod. by Eminem]
12. Oasis
13. My Brothers Keeper (ft. Scarface)
14. Brooklyn Lost
15. Weeds & Concrete
16. Without Rain...

If this is the real track list I really want to hear Eternal Jewels and Apostate.

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:36 am

If there's a track with Christ Martin on a Jay-Z album, I'm breaking my copy of The Black Album.

leave a comment with facebook