Advertisement

New Thundercats series...IS AWESOME Thread!

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

misac
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 1 post

Re: New Thundercats series...IS AWESOME Thread!

Postby misac » Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:49 pm

Benderbrau wrote:The oddest thing was that the same week this episode ran here was the same week Futurama did an episode about Lela obsessing over a white space whale. Two Moby Dick cartoon parodies in the same week was kind of one too many IMO.

:lol: I didn't see Futerama but I did watch the Scifi Saturday movie from a couple of weeks back about Moby Dick but with dragons.

Advertisement

GOSD
Everybody lies!

Liked in: 5 posts
Title: Lick me!
Formerly: Ghost of Scooterdoom

Postby GOSD » Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:52 pm

Episode #2 was weak.

Hope #3 is better.

Strict31
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 10 posts
Title: Ain't enough space bitches

Postby Strict31 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:57 pm

xaraan wrote:This episode undid all the work of the premiere for making me think this show is good.

Not that great an episode, the end with mum-ra was ok; but the little adventure they were on was pretty weak and the end of that was horrible. The thing happens to pop right back up and eat only Lion-O so he can chop it open and get all the water back. Seemed like the animation and voice work was weaker this time as well.

It was almost like watching a different show that was shopped off to a different animation house.

"You must be proud, bold, pleasant, resolute,
And now and then stab, as occasion serves."

Edward II: Act 2 Scene 1, by Christopher Marlowe

sdsichero
2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Title: ライダー変身!
Formerly: beta-ray

Postby sdsichero » Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:28 pm

Cat-Scratch wrote:How long until Lion-O and Tygra fight over Cheetara?

When will Bengali and Pumyra show up?

Also, THUNDERTANK! Bring it!

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:30 pm

Strict31 wrote:
Didn't they have a jet or some shit? Or some kind of flying vehicle.

Thunderclaw?

Haven't seen a new toy for that yet...

jeremy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 0 post
Title: www.jeremyshane.info
Formerly: xaraan

Postby jeremy » Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:57 pm

Strict31 wrote:
It was almost like watching a different show that was shopped off to a different animation house.

Glad it wasn't just me. I thought it looked very different myself.

MrBryanJKing
Birdman

Title: Scribbler

Postby MrBryanJKing » Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:28 pm

Blarg to many Spoiler. I'm off to see the episode I missed.

e_galston
Staff Writer

Liked in: 3 posts
Formerly: Sitebreaker

Postby e_galston » Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:59 pm

tonights episode was better than last weeks but i do have one big issue:

[Reveal] Spoiler: Click to Expand
did lion-o and tygra NOT see what Panthro looked like when Mumm-Ra was disguised as him in the first episode??

Miracloman
Great Scott!!!

Title: Seduce and Destroy
Formerly: some guy from the 'Rama

Postby Miracloman » Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:01 pm

PANTHRO! :smt026

And...
the Thundertank is the fucking Batman's Tumbler?! :lol:

Strict31 wrote:Curse you!

You've escaped from the trap that has always captured coyle and bender!!!

There will be another day, Miracloman! Another day!!!!

Strict31
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Strict31 » Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:41 pm

The story was...interesting.

At first, I was just gonna dismiss it as some childish ass bullshit. But the idea that these creatures could live an entire life within the space of a day...while not an original concept, it was still rather compelling. And it's kinda amusing that in a show which seems mainly for children at this point, the Thundercats rush forth on what they know is a suicide charge, where the only hope they have is for a glorious death. Like Aragorn and Theoden in Helm's Deep. Only thing missing was "Let fell deeds awake, now for wrath, now for ruin and the red dawn!"

Expect Panthro when you see him.

But I find Lion-O's depiction to be inconsistent. It's almost as if the writers are in two different States trying to work with each other.

Benderbrau
Twenty-Something

Title: Proud Underachiever

Postby Benderbrau » Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:54 am

It was like watching two different episodes. They spend 2/3s of the story telling this moving story about the preciousness of life through the Petlars and it was a brilliant tale BTW. But then it was like some producer said "Hey waitaminute! We have to squeeze in the Thundercats Ho battlecry and a fight scene. Make it happen or else." and so they just kinda tacked that on the end. When they came running out of the briar batch at into the army I was really confused.

And was it just me or did Cheetara's rack look huge when they were sitting by the fire at the beginning of the episode? :shock:
"Dude, I bow down to you, you are the worlds greatest ballbuster." -Jude Terror
"Sorry, nate! I think you automatically lose all arguments from now on, simply due to the fact that the only person willing to back you up is batshit insane!" - Dragavon
"Everything I know I learned from reading your posts." - Nietoperz

Strict31
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Strict31 » Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:03 pm

Benderbrau wrote:It was like watching two different episodes. They spend 2/3s of the story telling this moving story about the preciousness of life through the Petlars and it was a brilliant tale BTW. But then it was like some producer said "Hey waitaminute! We have to squeeze in the Thundercats Ho battlecry and a fight scene. Make it happen or else." and so they just kinda tacked that on the end. When they came running out of the briar batch at into the army I was really confused.

And was it just me or did Cheetara's rack look huge when they were sitting by the fire at the beginning of the episode? :shock:

Her tits were huge in the last episode too.

The charge didn't make much sense until you realize, like I said above, that it was a suicide charge. The Thundercats chose to embrace death in that moment. And by doing so, to spend the last coin of their lives on honor, glory and kicking as much ass as possible.

They obviously don't come right out and say this, because this show is ostensibly for kids. But that's basically what happened. The Thundercats are essentially saying, "Let's Roll."

Benderbrau
Twenty-Something

Title: Proud Underachiever

Postby Benderbrau » Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:13 pm

Strict31 wrote:
Her tits were huge in the last episode too.

The charge didn't make much sense until you realize, like I said above, that it was a suicide charge. The Thundercats chose to embrace death in that moment. And by doing so, to spend the last coin of their lives on honor, glory and kicking as much ass as possible.

They obviously don't come right out and say this, because this show is ostensibly for kids. But that's basically what happened. The Thundercats are essentially saying, "Let's Roll."

If that's what they were trying to say then they did it wrong. I've seen suicide charges on film before and there is much more force to them and a greater depiction of "we're fucked but what the hell". This seemed too hesitant. Like the animators wanted to do a charge of the light brigade kinda thing but then chickened out at the last minutes because of the kiddies. Well, if you're afraid to show the scene right then don't show it at all. IMO they should have simply had the army break into the briar after the Petlars flew away, a fight ensued that the Thundercats can't avoid, and then Panthro charges in using the Thundertank's speed and pulls them out. I wasn't much of a fan of the Thundertank seemly defeating the entire army including numerous mechs. But I could see it rushing in quickly and thanks to it's heavy armor surviving a pounding long enough to evac the rest of the cats. But alas, it is what it is and it was still a far better episode then the last one.
"Dude, I bow down to you, you are the worlds greatest ballbuster." -Jude Terror
"Sorry, nate! I think you automatically lose all arguments from now on, simply due to the fact that the only person willing to back you up is batshit insane!" - Dragavon
"Everything I know I learned from reading your posts." - Nietoperz

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:26 pm

It was a better episode. It wasn't greatness, but it was good. It's obvious they are doing some things for a younger audience but also trying to tell a story that might appeal to the older. I think they are having trouble with it, but I appreciate that they are trying.

I don't mind the Thundertank coming in and kicking ass. I just hope they don't change it next episode to being taken out by something really weak, really quick.

Strict31
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Strict31 » Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:28 pm

Benderbrau wrote:If that's what they were trying to say then they did it wrong. I've seen suicide charges on film before and there is much more force to them and a greater depiction of "we're fucked but what the hell". This seemed too hesitant. Like the animators wanted to do a charge of the light brigade kinda thing but then chickened out at the last minutes because of the kiddies. Well, if you're afraid to show the scene right then don't show it at all. IMO they should have simply had the army break into the briar after the Petlars flew away, a fight ensued that the Thundercats can't avoid, and then Panthro charges in using the Thundertank's speed and pulls them out. I wasn't much of a fan of the Thundertank seemly defeating the entire army including numerous mechs. But I could see it rushing in quickly and thanks to it's heavy armor surviving a pounding long enough to evac the rest of the cats. But alas, it is what it is and it was still a far better episode then the last one.

Well, plus there's only five guys on the team, two of whom are small children. So it's less Charge of the (entire) Light Brigade, and more Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, charging out to face the entire military with just a couple of guys.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum