Thursday, May 26, 2016 • Afternoon Edition • "Bring your own straight jacket."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Next-gen gaming (PS4, Xbox One, Wii U)

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

DonDaddyD

cheese

Postby DonDaddyD » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:08 am

The price alone will mean it will sell in the UK.

Basically, for a multitude of reasons, the PS4 appeals to all people - the hardcore gamer and the Mum buying her 10 yr old their first console. Ironic as Microsoft originally tried to market the Xbox One as more than just a games console...

Microsoft got taught a lesson.

ETA: If reports that the PS4 games are region free, oh my fucking god, that's just insane. I imagine that the top suits at Microsoft are crying "will the humiliation please end!"

A region free PS4 means that Sony just threw into the ring an alternative to the DRM, used game bullshit - attempts to increase profit margin. If a publisher can release a game, every game Worldwide that would surely increase the profitability of each game.

BAMJoe

Mad Hatter

Postby BAMJoe » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:48 am

I am guessing that most of those X-Box 1 exclusives are just timed exclusives.

SuperginraiX

Outhouse Editor

Postby SuperginraiX » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:51 am

Eh. Maybe I'll just buy a Wii U. :|

Chris

Rain Partier

Postby Chris » Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:18 am

BAMJoe wrote:I am guessing that most of those X-Box 1 exclusives are just timed exclusives.

Neither side really had too many AAA exclusives.

It basically boils down to:

Titanfall
Ryse: Son of Rome
Halo 5
Forza 5
Sunset Overdrive
Crimson Dragon
Project Spark

VS.

Killzone: Shadow Fall
Infamous: Second Son
Gran Turismo 6
Deep Down
The Order 1866
Final Fantasy 15 (I assume this is timed exclusive)
Kingdom Hearts 3

The other exclusives mostly all being indie XBL/PSN games that arent necessarily system-sellers.

Zero

Zombie Guard

Postby Zero » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:45 am

DonDaddyD wrote:ETA: If reports that the PS4 games are region free, oh my fucking god, that's just insane. I imagine that the top suits at Microsoft are crying "will the humiliation please end!"

A region free PS4 means that Sony just threw into the ring an alternative to the DRM, used game bullshit - attempts to increase profit margin. If a publisher can release a game, every game Worldwide that would surely increase the profitability of each game.

I've been gagging for Region Free gaming since the UK never got Final Fantasy Tactics.

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:17 pm

So will it cost to be on the Playstation network or will it just cost to play the games? I really disagree with the model of making it cost money to access netflix which you also pay for.

Rockman

Rain Partier

Postby Rockman » Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:19 pm

I've read that the Five dollars is just for gaming, you will still be able to use Netflix or Hulu otherwise.

Zero

Zombie Guard

Postby Zero » Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:26 pm

guitarsmashley wrote:So will it cost to be on the Playstation network or will it just cost to play the games? I really disagree with the model of making it cost money to access netflix which you also pay for.

Just for multiplayer games, which means you can save money and avoid swearing tweens.

Chris

Rain Partier

Postby Chris » Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:36 pm

Rockman wrote:I've read that the Five dollars is just for gaming, you will still be able to use Netflix or Hulu otherwise.

You read correctly.

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:13 pm

good, I already don't play online games so this matters very little to me.

Chris

Rain Partier

Postby Chris » Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:36 pm

Kingdom Hearts 3 and Final Fantasy 15 are multi-platform.

Chris

Rain Partier

Postby Chris » Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:37 pm

guitarsmashley wrote:good, I already don't play online games so this matters very little to me.

You do get access to free games via PS+, however, which may make it more than worthwhile in the longrun.

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:39 pm

So is it $5/game or $5/month?

Chris

Rain Partier

Postby Chris » Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:47 pm

$5 per month gets you free games that you can keep like Infamous 2 and others. They update their list often and cycle games in and out. And you get to play online games on PS4.

You'll still be able to watch Netflix with a free PSN account on PS4. But the free games are worth it.

Chris

Rain Partier

Postby Chris » Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:48 pm

Then again I am not sure how the free games will work with PS4 because its not backwards compatible... so it may not have that feature.

leave a comment with facebook