Advertisement

Nightfly's TV Week in Review #14 (list only)

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Nightfly
Staff Writer

Liked in: 9 posts

Wed. / Thurs. supplemental

Postby Nightfly » Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:34 am

catching up on some overdue reviews from Wed & Thurs programs
* Potential Spoilers Below *

Ron Underwood ('Tremors', 'Speechless') drew the straw for directing kind of a downer installment of No Ordinary Family. Though Daphne and JJ make progress in adjusting to their powers, JJ's insistence on keeping his secret remains troubling. Jonathan Adams (Black Panther, Bones) as Coach Baskin agrees to let JJ tryout for the football team if he aces a test, of course by then JJ'd figured out his power would let him master the game - another of his secrets for Daphne to keep. As usual, Steph almost gets busted at Global Tech again though this near miss yields the discovery of a deceased scientist who'd also analyzed the same plant that changed the Powells. Autumn Reeser (Katie) and Daphne's scenes were the main bright spots in this epi for me. Jonna Walsh (My Date, 'Couples Retreat') returns as Daphne's friend Megan. The main storyline guest starred Tim Kelleher (Dark Skies) sadly reminding us to value time spent with the ones we love, as well as the regretful possibilities that can befall those who fail in that regard. Guillermo Díaz (Mercy) as Detective Cordero & James Earl (Glee) as center Kenny added welcomed touches to this inordinately dour hour.
Kay Panabaker & Jimmy Bennett in "No Ordinary Vigilante"

Thursday's The Big Bang Theory focused on romantic entanglements by way of Amy Farrah Fowler's wanting Sheldon to meet her mother and Leonard's wanting a blind date hookup from one of Bernadette's friends. Her friend Joy (played by Charlotte Newhouse, Brainstorm), a Sue Sylvester clone if ever there was one, overtly repels Leonard yet there's a chance we'll see her again. Apple gets value for their product placement dollar, while Kevin Sussman (as Stuart) brightens up another cheery LCS scene. Lucky for Sheldon's & Amy's non-relationship, he learns she only wanted him to meet her mom (over the internet) to lie and say they're in a romantic relationship. Fairly funny entry overall. I can never get enough Melissa Rauch (Bernadette), however, the lack of Cuoco this season has been painful - Penny doesn't even appear in this epi. I expected Sheldon's role to enlarge after Parsons' Emmy win,.. how that led to a nerded-up Mayim Bialik taking Kaley's screentime totally baffles me?!!
Charlotte Newhouse & Johnny Galecki

$#*! My Dad Says made me LOL repeatedly with a tender episode directed by Roseanne & Dharma & Greg vet Gail Mancuso. Ed's strict rules and Henry's beloved San Diego Padres jacket drive this humorous odyssey, ultimately leading Ed to spin a funerial tale of a dead man's fictional homosexual double life. Bonnie's forced to deal with Vince's insecurity when he learns she shared a brief dalliance with Josh (Preston Jones, True Blood) in her 20s before even meeting him. Henry makes headway with beautiful Zoey (Brooklyn Sudano, 'Rain'), and an exceedingly funny funeral scene featuring guests Bob Stephenson ('Fight Club', 'Se7en') & Paula Cale (Providence) make this one not to miss. Tim probably woulda made this epi funnier, but, as it stands it's still guaranteed to make my weekly Outstanding Sitcoms list!
Brooklyn Sudano plays 'Zoey' in $#*! My Dad Says
-----------------------------------------------------
Sunday I plan to review;
Boardwalk Empire - "Family Limitation" (HBO)
Bored to Death - "Forty-Two Down" (HBO)
Eastbound & Down - "Chapter 11" (HBO)
Sherlock - "A Study in Pink" (PBS)
Desperate Housewives - "Let Me Entertain You" (ABC)
Brothers & Sisters - "Call Mom" (ABC)
Dexter - "First Blood" (SHO)

* I'll also be watching but not reviewing 60 Minutes (CBS) because they're doing a segment on the global fame of the BBC's Top Gear.
Last edited by Nightfly on Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Follow me on Twitter for Entertainment news updates!
You have all the weapons you need... Now Fight!

Advertisement

misac
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 258 posts

Re: Nightfly's TV Week in Review #14 (list only)

Postby misac » Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:49 am

It was so weird Penny didn't show up at all. I'm really liking Sheldon's relationship with Amy.

I've been catching up on No Ordinary Family, it's really good so far.

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 1143 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Re: Nightfly's TV Week in Review #14 (list only)

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:05 am

Being in SF all week I missed all my shows. I hope Amy is down for a marathon of watching tomorrow!

leave a comment with facebook

Previous

Return to The Asylum