Advertisement

Nightfly's TV Week in Review: Week of 11/4

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 171 posts

Postby LOLtron » Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:19 pm

Nightfly highlights his favorite TV programs, trailers and movie posters from the week of 11/4.

Last week I viewed forty-three hours worth of primetime fare for this column, eight and a half hours worth of reality programming just on its own. The CW's drama lineup boasts a strong showing in this column, claiming nearly half of my Top 7 scripted dramas list. NBC and ABC split the spoils of my Outstanding Sitcoms category, as NBC garners the top two slots on that list. For the second straight week CMT's look inside the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders organization takes my top Reality Shows spot, with NBC being the only net to score more than a single spot on that Top 7 list. As usual Nickelodeon and The Disney Channel dominate my Teen Sitcoms section, as Nick claims two of that list's top three spots while Disney claims the rest. My Top 5 favorite guest stars list enjoys a diverse distribution this time around reflected by no single network earning more than one mention for last week.

I'm looking forward to the second season premiere of NBC's Whitney this Wednesday (11/14) which happens to be the only mid-season premiere I know of debuting this week. If you're aware of any other premieres occurring this week please let me know.

* Monday Update: After watching Dexter last night I saw that Oliver Stone's new series Untold History of the United States premieres tonight (11/12) @ 8p ET/PT on Showtime. So that's definitely one not to miss! I know I'll be checking it out.

Now onto my latest TV Week in Review lists...

Hour-Long Scripted Dramas -
7. Beauty and the Beast - "Saturn Returns" (CW)
6. Grey's Anatomy - "Beautiful Doom" (ABC)
5. Burn Notice - "Desperate Measures; Means & Ends" (USA) {2hr Season Premiere}
4. Fringe - "Through the Looking Glass and What Walter Found There" (FOX)
3. Supernatural - "Southern Comfort" (CW)
2. Arrow - "Damaged" (CW)
1. The Walking Dead - "Killer Within" (AMC)

Runners-Up:
1. Dexter - "Do the Wrong Thing" (SHO)
2. Nikita - "Consequences" (CW)
3. Haven - "Magic Hour" (Syfy)
4. Grimm - "To Protect and Serve Man" (NBC)
5. Covert Affairs - "Scary Monsters (and Super Creeps)" (USA)
6. Boardwalk Empire - "The Pony" (HBO)

--------------------------------

Outstanding Sitcoms -
5. Wedding Band - "Pilot" (TBS) {1hr Season Premiere}
4. The Neighbors - "50 Shades of Green" (ABC)
3. Modern Family - "Arrested" (ABC)
2. The Office - "The Boat" (NBC)
1. Parks and Recreation - "Ben's Parents" (NBC)

Runner-Up:
1. 2 Broke Girls - "And the Pre-Approved Credit Card" (CBS)

Favorite Guest Star of the Week:
Kenny Johnson on Burn Notice (USA)

Runners-Up:
William Daniels on Grey's Anatomy (ABC)
DJ Qualls on Supernatural (CW)
Lee Meriwether on Hawaii Five-O (CBS)
Bree Turner on Wedding Band (TBS)

Teen Sitcoms -
5. Austin & Ally - "Parents & Punishments" (Disney)
4. Jessie - "101 Lizards" (Disney)
3. How to Rock - "How to Rock a Uniform" (nick)
2. Shake It Up - "Spirit it Up" (Disney)
1. iCarly - "iBust a Thief" (nick)

Reality Shows -
7. The Voice - "The Live Playoffs, Results" (NBC)
6. Project Runway All-Stars - "Up Your Aerosol" (Lifetime)
5. Richard Hammond's Crash Course - "American Bullfighter; Paddle Boarder" (BBC-America)
4. The Voice - "The Live Playoffs, Pt.1" (NBC)
3. The Voice - "The Live Playoffs, Pt.2" (NBC)
2. Toy Hunter - "Southern Space Chase" (TRVL)
1. DCC: Making the Team - "First Home Game" (CMT)

My two favorite trailers from last week both hit the web Nov. 8th and blew my mind as I assume they did for many sci-fi fans. Firstly, I highlight the trailer for Brad Pitt's long-awaited zombie epic World War Z. Next is the preview for the upcoming unrated Blu-ray release of Syfy's latest incarnation of Battlestar Galactica, Blood and Chrome. On February 19th, 2013 all ten webisodes will be available for purchase as one complete film (along with bonus features) and'll also air on Syfy sometime in February as well. See Blood and Chrome's first two installments and read details from its official press release here, and look for my Q&A with Executive Producer David Eick and (young Bill Adama) Luke Pasqualino from the day before yesterday here at The Outhouse this Friday along with the web series' next episodes.

A number of interesting posters streeted last week including multiple "more than a myth" character portraits for Dreamworks' upcoming animated tale Rise of the Guardians, another revelatory look at Sam Raimi's The Great and Powerful Oz and the tenth and final alternate one-sheet (featured below) for Brad Pitt's violent Killing Them Softly adaptation of George V. Higgins' novel; see all 10 visually engaging versions here. Paired with the striking 10th alternate poster for Killing Them Softly (below) is the first poster for the film adaptation of William Gibson's debut cyberpunk novel, Neuromancer (directed by Vincenzo Natali).

Expect a fuller schedule of shows this week now that election coverage is over. I found last week's primetime schedule fairly thrilling and look forward even more to this week. Firefly fans should make sure not to miss tonight's 10yr Anniversary Special, Firefly: Browncoats Unite, @ 10PM on the Science Channel (learn more about it here). Until next time, Be Well, Have a Great Week and Happy Viewing!

There is a poll on the front page. Please visit this article at the link below to vote.

Written or Contributed by Nightfly

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Advertisement

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The Asylum