Advertisement

NLCS 2008 Preview

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

MoneyMelon
Chief Yankee Wanker

Liked in: 1 post
Title: Internet Celebrity

Postby MoneyMelon » Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:06 pm

statnut wrote:It's been shifting that way for a while. Not to say you're wrong, but this isnt a new trend. The Sox have been playing that game for a while. Guys like Pedroia, Youklis, Papelbon, Ellsbury and Lowrie. And then they trade prospects they dont need(Moss, Hansen) to help out other areas.

I agree, and that's why the Red Sox are the new Yankees, IMO. They're a dominant team, mostly developed internally with the cash to keep everybody. They'll be around for a decade.

But I also think the Yankees' farm is better than the total void people paint it to be. There are some good players developing who could be an asset.

Man of Steel wrote:get over myself? You're the one who fancies himself some sort of internet celebrity.

Advertisement

Deux

Liked in: 59 posts

Postby Deux » Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:07 pm

statnut wrote:It's been shifting that way for a while. Not to say you're wrong, but this isnt a new trend. The Sox have been playing that game for a while. Guys like Pedroia, Youklis, Papelbon, Ellsbury and Lowrie. And then they trade prospects they dont need(Moss, Hansen) to help out other areas.

This is really the old paradigm that became outdated during the zenith of the Yankees/Red Sox rivalry and has just now returned to what was the status quo for the majority of baseball history.

eyp
Fagorstorm

Liked in: 0 post

Postby eyp » Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:07 pm

MoneyMelon wrote:I agree, and that's why the Red Sox are the new Yankees, IMO. They're a dominant team, mostly developed internally with the cash to keep everybody. They'll be around for a decade.

But I also think the Yankees' farm is better than the total void people paint it to be. There are some good players developing who could be an asset.

Minus the useless spending on overpaid free agents.

statnut
Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby statnut » Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:09 pm

MoneyMelon wrote:

And most of them are at the lower levels, and are a while away from contributing. The closest is Austin Jackson, and he's not exactly a game changer. And he needs at least another half year, if not a full year.

Deux

Postby Deux » Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:09 pm

BRING BACK BRIEN TAYLOR!

MoneyMelon
Chief Yankee Wanker

Postby MoneyMelon » Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:11 pm

statnut wrote:And most of them are at the lower levels, and are a while away from contributing. The closest is Austin Jackson, and he's not exactly a game changer. And he needs at least another half year, if not a full year.

That's why I don't see this really coming together for a couple years.

And Jackson needs at least a full year, IMO.

Man of Steel wrote:get over myself? You're the one who fancies himself some sort of internet celebrity.

MoneyMelon
Chief Yankee Wanker

Postby MoneyMelon » Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:13 pm

A Bridge Deux Far wrote:BRING BACK BRIEN TAYLOR!

From his wiki...

He currently works in real estate, specifically buying and repairing homes for resale

Man, that guy has the worst luck

Deux

Postby Deux » Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:14 pm

MoneyMelon wrote:Man, that guy has the worst luck

Oh, that is bleak and hysterical. :lol:

statnut
Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby statnut » Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:33 pm

MoneyMelon wrote:That's why I don't see this really coming together for a couple years.

And Jackson needs at least a full year, IMO.

Yeah but thats if they all pan out. Not to mention, there arent alot of these players you mention(Jackson, and the catchers, and who else?) and none of them are elite level prospects.

statnut
Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby statnut » Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:36 pm

A Bridge Deux Far wrote:Oh, that is bleak and hysterical. :lol:

Man, if he and Todd Van Poppel could meet up, that would be awesome.

leave a comment with facebook

Previous

Return to The Asylum