Advertisement

Should Onslaught To Return To The X-Books

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Draco x
FROGMAN

Liked in: 203 posts

Re: Onslaught To Return To The X-Books

Postby Draco x » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:27 pm

e_galston wrote:i do find it funny that you asked Doombug if he needed the time machine to go to the stone age, when pretty much everything you've brought up that marvel should do goes back to the time when Marvel was creatively and financially bankrupt...

The Doombug thing was basically LOL factor-we kind of have this special relationship where he makes a smartass comment and I make one back for laughs.
On a separate note, is there some bias towards the 90's that stories or characters that came out of it are instantly considered an epic fail when brought up? The main reason why Marvel had problems during that time was because of poor business, editorial and marketing decisions and that has nothing to do with the characters themselves. It's almost like saying the 2000's Marvel sucked because of characters like Sentry, the Red Hulk or the Stacey Twins. There are some characters that people like and don't like and that's basically it. My preference in characters has nothing to do with the era they came from.

Advertisement

DMM
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 4 posts
Title: Former Twenty Something
Formerly: DeathMetalMetrosexual

Postby DMM » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:34 pm

I missed out on the whole Onslaught and Heroes Reborn stuff. I stopped buying/reading comics right about the time of Age of Apocalypse.

Draco x
FROGMAN

Postby Draco x » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:36 pm

e_galston wrote:
how is whether people liking onslaught or not a moot point?? wasn't the entire point of this thread to gauge interest on if he should come back? or do you actually not like anyone's opinion but your own?

You're now starting to sound like Doombug and co. with this silly comment. For the record I don't have a problem with people disagreeing whether or not they like the character and I have been respectful in regards to those who disagree with with me on it. However, the accusation that I have this 90's obsession or fetish because I like Onslaught is the main bone of contentment. That would be like accusing you of being obsessed with the 80's because you like Transformers or GI Joe. Everyone has favorite characters from different eras but somehow I kind of get the impression that 90's characters, stories, events, etc here are considered taboo to bring up.

Draco x
FROGMAN

Postby Draco x » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:40 pm

DMM wrote:I missed out on the whole Onslaught and Heroes Reborn stuff. I stopped buying/reading comics right about the time of Age of Apocalypse.

Age Of Apocalypse was good in some ways. It gave us characters like X-Man, the Sugar Man and Dark Beast who were pretty cool in the X-Books.

DMM
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby DMM » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:00 pm

draco x wrote:
Age Of Apocalypse was good in some ways. It gave us characters like X-Man, the Sugar Man and Dark Beast who were pretty cool in the X-Books.

I bought the Omnibus. One of these days I'll get around to reading it.

Draco x
FROGMAN

Postby Draco x » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:07 pm

DMM wrote:I bought the Omnibus. One of these days I'll get around to reading it.

Fair enough. So I assume you aren't reading the current A O A series then?

DMM
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby DMM » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:17 pm

draco x wrote:
Fair enough. So I assume you aren't reading the current A O A series then?

No, and I stopped reading X-Force when it got to the AOA stuff (I continued to buy it, though). It's sitting there waiting patiently for me until I read the original AOA. FYI, if you want to know a little bit about me, I got back into comics February 2006. Amazing Spider Man 529 and Incredible Hulk 92 were two of the first comics I bought in my first trip into a comic shop since sometime in late 1995 or early 1996.

MoneyMelon
Chief Yankee Wanker

Liked in: 1 post
Title: Internet Celebrity

Postby MoneyMelon » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:32 pm

I like a lot of stuff from the 90's (Waid's Captain America and Flash, Age of Apocalypse, Death/Return of Superman saga, the first part of Knightfall, etc) but Onslaught definitely wasn't one of them. I'd prefer that idea be left firmly in the past.

Frankly, I don't care for Cassandra Nova much either. The whole psychic twin thing was too Morrison-y for me.

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 110 posts
Title: The Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:59 pm

I would like to reiterate that your thread title is completely misleading.

When you're as good as Chael, you can only call out people worse than you.

@syxxpakk on the Twitter.

Draco x
FROGMAN

Postby Draco x » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:59 pm

MoneyMelon wrote:I like a lot of stuff from the 90's (Waid's Captain America and Flash, Age of Apocalypse, Death/Return of Superman saga, the first part of Knightfall, etc) but Onslaught definitely wasn't one of them. I'd prefer that idea be left firmly in the past.

Frankly, I don't care for Cassandra Nova much either. The whole psychic twin thing was too Morrison-y for me.

Agreed for the most part here. As I said there were both good and bad stuff that came out of the 90's but it depends on your personal preference.

Draco x
FROGMAN

Postby Draco x » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:01 pm

syxxpakk wrote:I would like to reiterate that your thread title is completely misleading.

Ok, I should have said "Should Onslaught Return To The X-Books".

eltopo
Twenty-Something

Liked in: 0 post
Title: The greatest poster ever
Formerly: Mister Fister, Johhny Assplay,TerriG

Postby eltopo » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:31 pm

Chris wrote:No. Stop it.

This 90's resurgence needs to stop. We don't need even more shitty ideas like fucking Onslaught from the 90's coming back.

this

Draco x
FROGMAN

Postby Draco x » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:41 pm

eltopo wrote:this

Well when you have suckfests like Sins Past, OMD or the iteration of the Sentry or Rulk from the 2000's, there is no need for bad things from the 90s I guess.

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 634 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Postby Grayson » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:54 pm

draco x wrote:Well when you have suckfests like Sins Past, OMD or the iteration of the Sentry or Rulk from the 2000's, there is no need for bad things from the 90s I guess.

I'll give you Sins Past but the Sentry wasn't nearly as bad as Onslaught and despite being a terrible concept at the beginning, the Red Hulk actually turned into a fairly well rounded character.
ImageImageImage

Draco x
FROGMAN

Postby Draco x » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:04 pm

Grayson wrote:
I'll give you Sins Past but the Sentry wasn't nearly as bad as Onslaught and despite being a terrible concept at the beginning, the Red Hulk actually turned into a fairly well rounded character.

There are actually people here who think that the Sentry or Rulk are more likeable than Onslaught? That would be very surprising if that turned out to be actually true.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum