Tuesday, May 31, 2016 • Evening Edition • "Special collector's edition 4D variant!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Pacific Rim Trailer

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

GOSD

Everybody lies!

Postby GOSD » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:28 am

Cool.

goof

crash test dummy

Postby goof » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:13 am

The had me at giant monster tied to the deck of an aircraft carrier. Awesome!

superfictious

Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby superfictious » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:34 am

To be honest, I was thinking Transformers vs. Godzilla too, and there's not a damn thing wrong with that idea at all. Great cast and director, so I'm in.

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:19 pm

Maybe this is where they got the idea for IronMan NOW :P

KingPagla

WTF is this rank?

Postby KingPagla » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:56 pm

oh hell yeah!!!
I'm all in for this!

Eric Ratcliffe

Staff Writer

Postby Eric Ratcliffe » Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:15 pm

Thread got screwed up via the loltron. :lol:

pastajoe

Fagorstorm

Postby pastajoe » Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:08 pm

doombug wrote:
Except this is just a movie, made by Guillermo Del Toro who has always made his movies with nothing but passion and a sincere hope to entertain people with his end product.

He will entertain...the 8-12 year age group.

LoganRSA

penile prisoner

Postby LoganRSA » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:22 pm

This will either be a 10 or a 1. There is no in between.

Rockman

Rain Partier

Postby Rockman » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:10 pm

Anything by Del Toro is a must see for me.

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:18 pm

Log-Man wrote:This will either be a 10 or a 1. There is no in between.

As excited as I am for this movie, I can't help but agree with you.

Interestingly enough, I was reading one of Newsarama's Top 10 Lists (that seem to be the only thing they report about anymore) about their 10 most anticipated movies of 2013. They ranked this movie as #3 while earlier on the list they listed The Lone Ranger as #10. What was interesting about that is the fact that they claimed that the Lone Ranger had the larger potential to bomb than Pacific Rim or any other movie on their list. I have to admit that with Guillermo del Toro's involvement I am more excited about Pacific Rim myself but come on, really?

Chris

Rain Partier

Postby Chris » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:44 pm

Grayson wrote:
As excited as I am for this movie, I can't help but agree with you.

Interestingly enough, I was reading one of Newsarama's Top 10 Lists (that seem to be the only thing they report about anymore) about their 10 most anticipated movies of 2013. They ranked this movie as #3 while earlier on the list they listed The Lone Ranger as #10. What was interesting about that is the fact that they claimed that the Lone Ranger had the larger potential to bomb than Pacific Rim or any other movie on their list. I have to admit that with Guillermo del Toro's involvement I am more excited about Pacific Rim myself but come on, really?

Definitely believe that. Lone Ranger is a western -- strike 1... starring Johnny Depp, whose box office record is spotty at best -- strike 2... about a character that no one really cares about anymore, much like John Carter -- strike 3.

Say what you will about Pacific Rim, but it's tailor made for summer success. Loud explosions, giant monsters, giant robots, action, spectacle.

The fact that it's got a good cast, and a really great director just puts it on another level.

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:17 pm

Chris wrote:Definitely believe that. Lone Ranger is a western -- strike 1... starring Johnny Depp, whose box office record is spotty at best -- strike 2... about a character that no one really cares about anymore, much like John Carter -- strike 3.

Those are all very valid points and ordinarily I would absolutely agree with you but you have to consider the fact that the last time Johnny Depp worked with Gore Verbinski and Jerry Bruckheimer was on the Pirates of the Caribbean trilogy. I am not trying to say that they were cinematic masterpieces or anything but they did make a ridiculous amount of money and unlike some of Depp's most recent outings at the box office, the trailers for the Lone Ranger capture more of the feel from the Pirates trilogy.

Like I said, I am very excited about Pacific Rim and I think that it has the greater potential to be the better movie. I just don't agree with Newsarama that the Lone Ranger has the greater potential to be the biggest bomb of 2013.

Chris

Rain Partier

Postby Chris » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:27 pm

Grayson wrote:
Those are all very valid points and ordinarily I would absolutely agree with you but you have to consider the fact that the last time Johnny Depp worked with Gore Verbinski and Jerry Bruckheimer was on the Pirates of the Caribbean trilogy.

That means nothing to the public. The average joe doesn't know who Gore Verbinski is, and usually doesn't go to see movies based on directors. Success with one franchise doesn't mean success with another.

I think Lone Ranger could easily be a giant bomb, to be honest.

Chris

Rain Partier

Postby Chris » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:39 pm

Also to take into account.. The Lone Ranger has an absurd $250 million budget.

Pacific Rim has a $150 million budget.

Pacific Rim has less ground to cover before making its money back.

Eric Ratcliffe

Staff Writer

Postby Eric Ratcliffe » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:40 pm

pastajoe wrote:
He will entertain...the 8-12 year age group.

You do know this is the man who made Pan's Labyrinth and Hellboy right? :smt017

leave a comment with facebook