Advertisement

Paula Deen Out at Food Network

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 951 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Re: Paula Deen Out at Food Network

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:20 pm

Thunderstorm wrote:
Who's committing the crimes there, Jude? If you want a racial breakdown of how much violent crime is committed in this country, or any country, by blacks I can post it. I know you already know it though, there isn't one honest person who doesn't.

You have people in the black community who want people do do something about the crime in their community, but you have you guys crying a god damn river over their poor little hurt feelings. Then when we see 50 people shot every weekend in Chicago, it's "Oh well there's nothing we can do!". Well no shit. You guys cock-block everything that would actually prevent it.

White people on Wall Street. Crimes against humanity itself. And not a single one was prosecuted for it.
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

Advertisement

The Old Doctor
A Damn Cuddly Beast

Liked in: 928 posts
Formerly: /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\

Postby The Old Doctor » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:26 pm

Keb wrote:No, it doesn't. Paula Deen doesn't get a "nigger pass" with a gun to her head and neither do you. My best friend didn't get a whitey pass when he was held in a cell overnight for being out in Burlington after 11pm. If there's a pissing contest going on, it's here with your "slights whom are more slighted". All I've got from you in this thread is that I'm wrong for sticking up for black people in this thread.

Re-read what you've posted. You really are in a pissing contest here. What you got was what you gave, you went after Thunderstorm and said something that not exactly accurate. You cited anecdotes, so did I. You're wrong in attacking Thunderstorm and others while doing what you claim they are.

Keb wrote:And if you want to talk about me saying "nigga" on this site, it's something I've stopped doing a while back as it was brought to my attention privately by a poster who had an issue with it. And if you want to get into semantics, I've NEVER used it in a hateful context here or on at any other time in my life. If I use that word with friends, it's with one of two people who I am comfortable saying it around. I don't randomly scream it at strangers on the subway and I don't throw it around as a derogatory term. Friends from the OH and non-white friends of mine have used that term with me in conversation and I don't have a problem so long as they use it in a context that is not meant to be hurtful or derogatory.

And I made a joke at your expense and another's post here based on that past. You called me a racist for it. You now suggest how I suggest how you use it IRL. Yet I did no such thing. You really lost it. Welcome also to why we all have used anecdotes, to show that we all have a basis in reality and are no different. Feel free to show where I said or suggested that you use it in a derogatory manor. Please.
I really don't care if you do or don't use it IRL. I and my friends are no different. We slag each other all the time and some folks are the same way in my view. I took and take no offense given the context of your prior posts with the word and it's similar spellings. But as I asked, prove what I meant then. Please.

Keb wrote:If you have a problem with me using that word, PM me and ask me not to. If you have a problem with black people using it, then you've got yourself a really big problem. Don't try to make it some joke among friends because you and I are not friends and never have been. When you make a statement like that, you show me that you're trying to push my buttons and you are truly ignorant of the word, its context and how and why it was appropriated for that specific use.

I have none and never have. I have no problem with it or any racist remark aimed at me or for the most part at others. I've heard them, I've experienced them. The only real problem here is that you refuse to face the simple fact that the way you felt Thunderstorm and others (and now myself), is how you are acting. Ignorant and accusing. Finding fault where there are none. The only one really pushing your buttons is yourself.

You want to have a problem with me, go right ahead. It'll be one sided as I don't have one with you. Other than - What I see is two people with similar views arguing the same argument back and forth. Each not really bothering to acknowledge the other but one or both getting angry. Both use anecdotes, both cite stats. Both saying the same thing. "No, my group is the more slighted!" "No, my group is the more slighted!" "No, my group is the more slighted!" "No, my group is the more slighted!"

It's called a pissing contest. :wink:
"Why are you pointing your screwdrivers like that? They're scientific instruments, not water pistols."
"Oh, the pointing again! They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?"
"Are you capable of speaking without flapping your hands about?"
""Timey" what? "Timey wimey"?"

IvCNuB4 wrote:The Old Doctor is Cat-Scratch ?
Well that explains a lot :lol:

BubbaKanoosh wrote:Old Doctor is the NuDCU's Catscratch

Thunderstorm
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 5 posts
Title: Whitest Poster 2010!!

Postby Thunderstorm » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:30 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:
White people on Wall Street. Crimes against humanity itself. And not a single one was prosecuted for it.

And politicians, and bankers, and irresponsible media, and corporate CEO's... most of them white, most all of them deserve to be taken out back and shot. Not the slightest argument there, but the damage they do affects everyone, not just one community.

The Old Doctor
A Damn Cuddly Beast

Postby The Old Doctor » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:30 pm

Thunderstorm wrote:
I don't see it as that. He's got his issues and I've got mine. I don't think either of us is denying the others point by making our own. I do see your point though.

Oh I see that and see both valid and over inflated with passion. Nothing really wrong but really silly. Sad too given how cool you can both be with each other and others.

To me it really doesn't matter who gets it worse, just move on and say that it's wrong, then go back to mocking someone, Paula Deen whom has been proven to be in the wrong. :wink:

Thunderstorm wrote:However...

http://money.cnn.com/2013/06/25/news/co ... index.html

She makes religious-themed cookbooks? :lol:

Geez, as they say.. bad interest, good interest... it can make you money. :lol:
"Why are you pointing your screwdrivers like that? They're scientific instruments, not water pistols."
"Oh, the pointing again! They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?"

The Old Doctor
A Damn Cuddly Beast

Postby The Old Doctor » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:32 pm

Thunderstorm wrote:
And politicians, and bankers, and irresponsible media, and corporate CEO's... most of them white, most all of them deserve to be taken out back and shot. Not the slightest argument there, but the damage they do affects everyone, not just one community.

Meet Ontario and our provincial government. :smt011

The Old Doctor
A Damn Cuddly Beast

Postby The Old Doctor » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:37 pm

Maybe this will clear up my viewpoint.

Thunderstorm meet Keb, Keb meet Thunderstorm. Viceversa too.

Thunderstorm
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Thunderstorm » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:46 pm

Cat-Scratch wrote:Oh I see that and see both valid and over inflated with passion. Nothing really wrong but really silly. Sad too given how cool you can both be with each other and others.

To me it really doesn't matter who gets it worse, just move on and say that it's wrong, then go back to mocking someone, Paula Deen whom has been proven to be in the wrong. :wink:

Let me clear this up, because I do get caught up in this stuff. I don't agree with everything Keb has said, but I absolutely believe most of what he's saying is true. Whether he said it or not, I'm not blind to the fact that this stuff happens. He's not likely to argue my points and I'm not likely to argue his. I don't take that to mean that either of us are in denial about the others points.

And I don't at all think that whites get it more than blacks. I'm not interested in who wins at getting the most hate. I DO think that whites get a much stronger focus when something happens though. As Jude2013 has nauseatingly pointed out, there may be some reasons for that.

Thunderstorm
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Thunderstorm » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:50 pm

Cat-Scratch wrote:Maybe this will clear up my viewpoint.

Thunderstorm meet Keb, Keb meet Thunderstorm. Viceversa too.

I get to be Lokai! Called it.

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:55 pm

Thunderstorm wrote:
Let me clear this up, because I do get caught up in this stuff. I don't agree with everything Keb has said, but I absolutely believe most of what he's saying is true. Whether he said it or not, I'm not blind to the fact that this stuff happens. He's not likely to argue my points and I'm not likely to argue his. I don't take that to mean that either of us are in denial about the others points.

And I don't at all think that whites get it more than blacks. I'm not interested in who wins at getting the most hate. I DO think that whites get a much stronger focus when something happens though. As Jude2013 has nauseatingly pointed out, there may be some reasons for that.

:lol: Thank you for acknowledging I'm right.

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:56 pm

Thunderstorm wrote:

Think of it like the French Revolution part of History of the World Part 1. You may be the piss boy, but you look exactly like the king.

The Old Doctor
A Damn Cuddly Beast

Postby The Old Doctor » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:00 pm

Thunderstorm wrote:Let me clear this up, because I do get caught up in this stuff. I don't agree with everything Keb has said, but I absolutely believe most of what he's saying is true. Whether he said it or not, I'm not blind to the fact that this stuff happens. He's not likely to argue my points and I'm not likely to argue his. I don't take that to mean that either of us are in denial about the others points.

Yes and that's my point, you both got caught up in the stuff, you both say you don't disagree with one another, and don't but up to a point as you both are still arguing. Or were until he focused on me. :lol: You both have said the same things over and over and for the group you both are AHEM speaking for. You both are in a degree of denial because as I point out, you still argue but both agree that racism is there, hits both but really... neither wants to let up on which gets it more. You both say it's wrong and there's nothing to deny that, but.. you both still argue.

Pissing contest. You value each others points, yet keep providing more. :lol:

Thunderstorm wrote:And I don't at all think that whites get it more than blacks. I'm not interested in who wins at getting the most hate. I DO think that whites get a much stronger focus when something happens though. As Jude2013 has nauseatingly pointed out, there may be some reasons for that.

No, you can argue for any group, given a location, a time and other factors get it far more then any other does. On that all three of us agree. Also most posters if not all here. I think the same goes for focus. It's an ever changing thing and it always brings out the worst then the best in people. You both voiced opinions and that's cool. So can I and have. As has Jude and others. There are reasons for that and many. Commonly - Sensationalizing media out to make a buck. Sensationalizing politicians out to make a buck and some more power. Sensationalizing activists out to make a buck and some more power. Racists pushing their hate. Then it really descends into tinfoil hat land.

That's my point or points though. You both, and others, went so far off topic to make your arguments in regard to the topic... you guys got lost and looked just like those two I posted.

The Old Doctor
A Damn Cuddly Beast

Postby The Old Doctor » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:01 pm

Thunderstorm wrote:
I get to be Lokai! Called it.

The not "BLING" guy huh? :lol:

The Old Doctor
A Damn Cuddly Beast

Postby The Old Doctor » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:03 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:
Think of it like the French Revolution part of History of the World Part 1. You may be the piss boy, but you look exactly like the king.

:smt017

Your history class must be interesting and rather short.

You really are our very own Robespierre. Just not so killy. :P

The Old Doctor
A Damn Cuddly Beast

Postby The Old Doctor » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:05 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:
:lol: Thank you for acknowledging I'm right.

He also said you were nauseating. :lol:

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:06 pm

Cat-Scratch wrote:
:smt017

Your history class must be interesting and rather short.

You really are our very own Robespierre. Just not so killy. :P

:? :smt011

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum