Wednesday, May 25, 2016 • Afternoon Edition • "Manufacturing outrage since 2006."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Paula Deen Out at Food Network

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

The Old Doctor

Postby The Old Doctor » Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:53 pm

Juan Cena wrote:
WalMart doesn't allow CD's with "Explicit Content" labels on them. If you buy a rap CD at a Walmart, it's had the explicit language edited out.

Then their Rap/HipHop section must suck.

The Old Doctor

Postby The Old Doctor » Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:54 pm

Lord Simian wrote:

I know it was you, Fredo. You broke my heart.

Lord Simian

The Lord of the Monkeys

Postby Lord Simian » Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:00 pm

Cat-Scratch wrote:

The Old Doctor

Postby The Old Doctor » Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:02 pm

Lord Simian wrote:

:lol: :-D

Thunderstorm

Not a Kardashian

Postby Thunderstorm » Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:06 pm

achilles wrote:Curiously though Alex Baldwin, the actor and noted liberal darling, continues to not lose sponsors or jobs despite his well-known history of racist comments, ranging from calling a black reporter a "crackhead" and a "coon" to homophobic fantasies of beating up a "queen".

Possibly what's good for the gander should also be good for the goose.

It's still fashionable to bash gays.

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:53 pm

Juan Cena wrote:
WalMart doesn't allow CD's with "Explicit Content" labels on them. If you buy a rap CD at a Walmart, it's had the explicit language edited out.

I feel fairly certain that there's no explicit language in the Paula Dean products carried in and then dropped from Wal-Mart and Target.

The issue is that she uses racially insensitive language outside of her performances and whatnot. So it sounds only fair for Wal-Mart and Target to cease carrying products by other celebrities who also use racially insensitive language outside of their performances and whatnot.

Frag

REAL OFFICIAL President of the Outhouse

Postby Frag » Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:02 pm

How is Alec Baldwin a "liberal darling"?

He's liberal, but that doesn't mean that liberals love him.

habitual

Silly French Man

Postby habitual » Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:03 pm

Thunderstorm wrote:
It's still fashionable to bash gays.

Other than Capitol One I don't think Baldwin is working right now.

I read a blurb on his twitter snap, didn't sound like a full on Mel Gibson.

Hab

Spektre

rubber spoon

Postby Spektre » Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:42 pm

HNutz wrote:
I feel fairly certain that there's no explicit language in the Paula Dean products carried in and then dropped from Wal-Mart and Target.

The issue is that she uses racially insensitive language outside of her performances and whatnot. So it sounds only fair for Wal-Mart and Target to cease carrying products by other celebrities who also use racially insensitive language outside of their performances and whatnot.

Very well constructed logically.

LobsterJ

Expert Post Whore

Postby LobsterJ » Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:44 pm

HNutz wrote:Image

There is a word called context the creator of this message should acquaint himself with.

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:44 pm

Rap music sells more when it contains explicit language. Pots and pans don't, or at least, betting that they wouldn't sell less would be a risky business move.

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:47 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:Rap music sells more when it contains explicit language. Pots and pans don't, or at least, betting that they wouldn't sell less would be a risky business move.

The Hitler teapot sold like mad after it became controversial though. And it has t-shirts and other merchandise now too.

bkthomson

Rain Partier

Postby bkthomson » Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:08 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:Rap music sells more when it contains explicit language. Pots and pans don't, or at least, betting that they wouldn't sell less would be a risky business move.

But Jude I never dropped $800+ at a Rap Musicians restaurant as I did at emeralds in Florida fifteen years ago.

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:15 pm

Well, I guess whatever company has the balls to go in with Paula Deen on a plantation themed banquet hall chain called "House of N" stands to make a lot of money. You all win.

Spektre

rubber spoon

Postby Spektre » Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:04 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:Well, I guess whatever company has the balls to go in with Paula Deen on a plantation themed banquet hall chain called "House of N" stands to make a lot of money. You all win.

Specialties fried chicken and watermelon I assume?

leave a comment with facebook