Advertisement

Paula Deen Out at Food Network

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

The Old Doctor
A Damn Cuddly Beast

Liked in: 374 posts
Formerly: /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\

Re: Paula Deen Out at Food Network

Postby The Old Doctor » Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:23 am

I wait for when Mario Batali is fired for calling someone a Mangiacake or Moolie.
"Why are you pointing your screwdrivers like that? They're scientific instruments, not water pistols."
"Oh, the pointing again! They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?"
"Are you capable of speaking without flapping your hands about?"
""Timey" what? "Timey wimey"?"

IvCNuB4 wrote:The Old Doctor is Cat-Scratch ?
Well that explains a lot :lol:

Advertisement

GLX
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 49 posts
Title: Leader of The Society

Postby GLX » Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:14 pm

Robert Patillo, an attorney for Rainbow/PUSH, a civil rights group founded by the Rev. Jesse Jackson, Jr., said one current and two former employees told him white employees are routinely paid more than black employees and are promoted more quickly. A black man who had threatened to go to the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission said Deen's brother told him "you don't have any civil rights here," Rainbow/PUSH said in a press release.

Rainbow/PUSH said it has "found evidence of systemic racial discimination and harassment" by Deen and that "a family member consistently referred to a black cook as 'my little monkey.'"

Patillo, who conducted interviews in Savannah where Deen's restaurant is located, said current and former employees told him that Deen "preferred white and light-skinned blacks to work with customers" and that darker-skinned blacks were relegated to "back-of-the-house operations."

Patillo said employees have been reluctant to talk to him about their experience with Deen because they fear retaliation.

Deen could not be reached on Saturday for comment on the Rainbow/PUSH allegations.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/2 ... lp00000003

john lewis wrote:Everyone but GLX has no taste.

Juan Cena
DANG!

Liked in: 76 posts
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning

Postby Juan Cena » Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:37 pm

outsider wrote:This. It's similar to Martha Stewart - people can't accept a succesful female.

People can't accept a famous person who breaks the law and acts nonchalantly about it during her trial, either.

I still have a lot of respect for Martha, because she's taught a lot of people skills through her shows and books and magazines and stuff skills they've used to start their own businesses. I know a lot of people got angry with her for the attitude she showed when she was on trial for insider trading.

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 198 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Postby IvCNuB4 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:39 pm

Cat-Scratch wrote:I wait for when Mario Batali is fired for calling someone ... a Moolie.

Haven't heard that on TV since "The Sopranos" :lol:
-
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

Juan Cena
DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:41 pm

outsider wrote:That article is editorializing. The account I heard was she wanted them dressed in white coats & ties, not "slave" clothes.

Slaves who worked in the plantation manor were usually dress more appropriately for those kind of jobs inside the house such butlers and maids and cooks and such.

- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

Juan Cena
DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:45 pm

The N-bomb stuff just seems the tip of the iceberg for this mess. There's a lot for a company with ties to Deen like Food Network to be concerned about. Like whether or not this kind of behavior went on when she was supposed to be doing any of this stuff in connection with her TV show or whatever she did with the network.

- Sons of the Desert

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 178 posts
Title: Self Important

Postby guitarsmashley » Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:51 pm

It has more to do with her nonchalant attitude way of using it. And unapologetic tone after the getting caught in this mess. It's sort of like Jerry Sandusky in taking 45 seconds and two sentences to say he's not attracted young boys. Calling off a today show interview didn't help her cause at all either. Basically she's done everything wrong in the process after the fact. I look forward to her cooking segments on fox news.
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.

doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk

I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

Cernunnos
Swedish Pinata of Death

Liked in: 3 posts

Postby Cernunnos » Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:14 pm

When a man lies, he murders some part of the world.

GOSD
Everybody lies!

Liked in: 139 posts
Title: Lick me!
Formerly: Ghost of Scooterdoom

Postby GOSD » Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:30 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:
Hmmm. So you're saying Leonardo DiCaprio's character in Django Unchained is more charming than, say, GOSD?

Much more.

Keb
<( ' . ' )>

Liked in: 194 posts
Title: Wastespacer
Formerly: Cocaine Biceps

Postby Keb » Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:44 pm

guitarsmashley wrote:I look forward to her cooking segments on fox news.

:lol:

outsider
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 412 posts
Title: Absent
Formerly: Daddy Longlegs, Max Power

Postby outsider » Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:47 pm

ReturnoftheMack wrote:
So because some ignorant people still use it where she's from, she should get a pass?

I'm not really understanding what you're saying.

Not saying she should get a pass, just that people from a different culture are placing their own expectations on her. As trite as it sounds, it's a Southern thing--you wouldn't understand. :lol:
-

outsider
Outhouse Drafter

Postby outsider » Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:49 pm

Juan Cena wrote:
People can't accept a famous person who breaks the law and acts nonchalantly about it during her trial, either.

I still have a lot of respect for Martha, because she's taught a lot of people skills through her shows and books and magazines and stuff skills they've used to start their own businesses. I know a lot of people got angry with her for the attitude she showed when she was on trial for insider trading.

Martha's situation is horseshit b/c she actually served time compared to how many Enron types or Wall Street bankers?
-

outsider
Outhouse Drafter

Postby outsider » Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:50 pm

GOSD wrote:
Much more.

:lol: :lol:
-

Frag
REAL OFFICIAL President of the Outhouse

Liked in: 19 posts
Title: Mama don't like tattletales.
Formerly: Frag It, Rusty Kuntz

Postby Frag » Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:16 pm

outsider wrote:Not saying she should get a pass, just that people from a different culture are placing their own expectations on her. As trite as it sounds, it's a Southern thing--you wouldn't understand. :lol:

Well I don't think it's just a southern thing. I think it's an old people thing.

I know a few old-timers who are the same way and they aren't southern. I think they can get a pass, but at the same time that's when you realize that it's time to put them out to pasture.
Jude Terror wrote:I'll vote for NPWFBH in the next election.

Outhouse Post #1,000,000:

Frag It wrote::smt117

Food Eater lad
cheese

Liked in: 14 posts

Postby Food Eater lad » Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:52 pm

Doesn't she know that nigger is such a horrible, disgusting and dehumanizing word that only black people can use it?
"Diversity equals division"

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum