Advertisement

Person of Interest

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

PDH
penile prisoner

Liked in: 119 posts

Re: Person of Interest

Postby PDH » Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:30 am

This story arc has been so good. Really unnerved that the phone was still ringing way after it was too late. Was it not about Carter, then? Is it another number or does the machine have something...more to say to Finch?

Advertisement

BubbaKanoosh
2009 Most Valuable Poster

Liked in: 1158 posts
Formerly: BRBKanoosh

Postby BubbaKanoosh » Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:31 am

I think the phone ringing is for the next number...
Simmons was after Reese, and Carter took the bullet..

Strict31
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 168 posts
Title: Ain't enough space bitches

Postby Strict31 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:40 am

Strict31 wrote:Now...letting the HR guy go puts more lives in danger, as clearly shown by this week's episode. Seems like killing him when you've got the chance might be in line with the team's goal.

But with the HR guy...I mean, how do you beat that guy to a pulp and leave him alive to cause more havoc to the innocent? Seems like a dangerous oversight, Harold's morality aside.

and they shy away from killing...

...for reasons that are not always tactically sound.

So, here's me wondering why Reese, after whupping the shit out of Simmons a few episodes back, just walked away and left him alive. I mean, they had him right there. They knew he was a bad man at that moment. Maybe if killing him in cold blood was unpalatable, couldn't they at least have found another cage in the library with his name on it?

Leaving that guy on the street free to do as he always has done...well, that was gonna come back to bite them in the ass-meats.

And here's a question: the machine can figure out which humans are gonna be either victims or perpetrators days in advance. It craps out an entire list of HR members, followed in due course by Reese's own number.

But the HR guys weren't doing anything any differently than they usually do, which is to say, "being evil fucks". They're cops...which is already a dangerous job...and they're dirty cops who fuck around with the Russian Mob and various other murder-happy criminals...which is also a very dangerous thing. Never mind the fact that these HR guys are routininely killing witnesses and other assorted victims.

And then there's Reese, who also routinely places himself in danger and has been shot before.

None of these guys are really doing anything differently, so why is it that all of a sudden, their numbers are being produced by the machine?

Carter, by contrast, has been doing things differently for several months. She's become a one-woman anti-corruption detail, taking on one of the most dangerous organizations in the world by herself. This is a significant break in her usual routine which places her at grave risk to be either victim or perpetrator.

But she only shows up on the machine literally seconds before she gets shot. And hell, Fusco's number didn't show up at all.

Perhaps this is not just a tool by the writers to hide the eventual shocker from the audience. But if not, doesn't it suggest that the machine might have had a vested interest in actively removing Carter (and possibly Fusco)? Or if not that, then perhaps teaching Harold and Reese some sort of lesson, the way it's been "teaching" Root?

Shit...maybe while the machine wants Root to stop killing so many people, it actually wants Finch and Reese to kill more...

Seems kind of a significant oversight to me, though. Sure, the machine isn't perfect, but it's never wrong. And it should have seen this coming.

"You must be proud, bold, pleasant, resolute,
And now and then stab, as occasion serves."

Edward II: Act 2 Scene 1, by Christopher Marlowe

BubbaKanoosh

Postby BubbaKanoosh » Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:45 am

I am curious how many Reese's there was before Finch found Reese...
Between missing Reese at the hospital before his ex was killed and then the subway a lot of time happened...

I hope that becomes a story.

Strict31
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Strict31 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:57 am

BubbaKanoosh wrote:I am curious how many Reese's there was before Finch found Reese...
Between missing Reese at the hospital before his ex was killed and then the subway a lot of time happened...

It was kind of a jaw-dropper, sure.

PDH
penile prisoner

Postby PDH » Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:44 pm

BubbaKanoosh wrote:I think the phone ringing is for the next number...
Simmons was after Reese, and Carter took the bullet..

So you think it's Reese again?

BubbaKanoosh

Postby BubbaKanoosh » Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:05 pm

PDH wrote:
So you think it's Reese again?

I think it will be Simmons... or maybe Finch.

The Old Doctor
A Damn Cuddly Beast

Liked in: 1188 posts
Formerly: /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\

Postby The Old Doctor » Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:46 pm

BubbaKanoosh wrote:I am curious how many Reese's there was before Finch found Reese...

Agreed.
"Why are you pointing your screwdrivers like that? They're scientific instruments, not water pistols."
"Oh, the pointing again! They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?"
"Are you capable of speaking without flapping your hands about?"
""Timey" what? "Timey wimey"?"

IvCNuB4 wrote:The Old Doctor is Cat-Scratch ?
Well that explains a lot :lol:

BubbaKanoosh wrote:Old Doctor is the NuDCU's Catscratch

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 1149 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:51 pm

I finally caught up with this show with a 6 episode marathon DVR watching this weekend. Great stuff, and it really is the best show on TV nowadays.

I wonder if Carter's death will send Reese over the edge. I could see him leaving the team (temporarily) as a result of this.
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

BubbaKanoosh

Postby BubbaKanoosh » Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:54 pm

Did anyone else find Reese and Carters kiss awkward? Not that I don't approve of it, it just not used to Reese showing emotion let alone anything other than mutual respect for Carter..

Romance I never saw coming...

PDH
penile prisoner

Postby PDH » Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:01 pm

BubbaKanoosh wrote:Did anyone else find Reese and Carters kiss awkward? Not that I don't approve of it, it just not used to Reese showing emotion let alone anything other than mutual respect for Carter..

Yeah, a little bit. Kind of liked them having a Platonic relationship. Not a big deal, though. I figure a life or death gunfight is like New Years Eve for Reese. He's allowed to kiss someone.

The Old Doctor
A Damn Cuddly Beast

Postby The Old Doctor » Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:09 pm

BubbaKanoosh wrote:Did anyone else find Reese and Carters kiss awkward? Not that I don't approve of it, it just not used to Reese showing emotion let alone anything other than mutual respect for Carter..

I did, but then I could have been shipping a little. I thought there was always something there after she was brought in and saved his ass back during season one.

I think he always thought she would not accept him as is plus he still was working through his emotions on his wife. That was now complete.
It's sad as we could have seen Reese start getting stupid about Carter's safety due to a romance, but nope.

Shaw and Fusco as a couple... never happen. Finch and Root.... weird but maybe.
"Why are you pointing your screwdrivers like that? They're scientific instruments, not water pistols."
"Oh, the pointing again! They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?"

BubbaKanoosh

Postby BubbaKanoosh » Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:11 pm

I just thought Reese had feelings for the Fixer chic, we know they see each other...

I guess it's just booty :smt102

The Old Doctor
A Damn Cuddly Beast

Postby The Old Doctor » Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:18 pm

BubbaKanoosh wrote:I just thought Reese had feelings for the Fixer chic, we know they see each other...

I guess it's just booty :smt102

Could be or both.

I think Reese was/is in a hard place emotionally. I think he was afraid to commit to one or the other, but there were qualities with both that attracted him and maybe had him feeling deeper feelings then he wanted to. Carter I think appealed to him as someone like himself in some ways, but also a person he'd like to be like. She saved him in more then one way and as a result, he developed some deep feelings for her.

That has she was cute with a great rack.

Strict31
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Strict31 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:10 pm

Not really. There have been a few times here and there where it seemed like there was intentional sexual tension between Carter and Reese. Like, unspoken stuff. They've had a pretty long relationship on the show and they've gotten to know each other as well as these two individuals could have. I mean, considering where they started and how they ended up.

I think the kiss was right on the money. But at that point, it was clearly a kiss of death. The writers wanted it to seem like Reese was saying his goodbyes to the show, and it really did feel like a goodbye for one of them. I wasn't really sure which one at that point, but still.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum