Advertisement

'Phantasm V' is Just a Dream? NO It's NOT! *UPDATE

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 246 posts

Postby LOLtron » Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:47 pm

The cult horror/sci-fi franchise series is NEVER over as a new sequel has been announced. *UPDATE we have possible news on who'll be directing it and one star from the franchise confirms the movie.

Source: AICN Exclusive: Phantasm V is real and here's the teaser poster!

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOYYYYYYYYYYYYYY does Ain't it Cool News have news for once. In what seems to be a dream - BUT IT'S NOT - the website with the design aestetic of an AOL Free Trial disk is reporting that Phantasm V: Ravager is in development. Even further, Bloody Disgusting reports that Don Cosacreli is directing with the Tall Man himself, Angus Scrimm, and Reggie Bannister reprising their respective roles. No word if Michael Baldwin or  Bill Thornbury will also be back, but then again neither character was looking good in the previous entry: Phantasm IV: Oblivion. More news is to be expected in the coming days (though if this is an April Fool's Joke, this is the cruelest one there is), but other than that, that's all we have. Oh, and this sweet poster (courtesy of AICN):

Whenever there's more news on this (if it's fake or please let this be real) we'll let you know. Just know this series just continues to prove... IT'S NEVER OVER!!!!

UPDATE So Phantasm Archives (as per what Bloody Disgusting says, but they don't mention this fact in their article, nor of the director) brings more clarification in the fact that Don Cosacrelli isn't directing Phantasm V: Ravager, but supervising it. David Hartman will be writing and directing the feature which supposedly has been filmed bit by bit beginning in 2008. They also mention that the regular cast members (no actual names but it does sound that most definately Reggie Bannister is back as Reggie) and regulars who've worked in previous Don Cosacrelli movies also will be showing up in this one. 

Though one cast member from the Phantasm franchise has come forward to say that they're in the movie. Kat Lester who played the Lady in Lavender in the original Phantasm (1979) and Phantasm III: Lord of the Dead (1994) posted this via her Facebook:

NEWS FLASH!!! LE KAT aka Lady Lavender from Phantasm (in case you didn't know!) Appearing in a new Phantasm film!!! Coming soon BOOOOYYYYYYY!!!!!

The character of the Lady in Lavender has appeared in all odd numbered Phantasm movies and to say any more would spoil her real identity in the film series. If we learn of anymore updates we'll let you know. 

Written or Contributed by Zechs

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Advertisement

Lord Ice
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 127 posts

Re: 'Phantasm V' is Just a Dream? NO It's NOT!

Postby Lord Ice » Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:08 pm

The first was a creepy surrealistic mindtrip. The second was okay. The third was really bad, and the fourth a total shit stew. This will be the worst thing ever or it will redeem the series. Either way I'll look forward to it. :smt026

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 215 posts
Title: Deposted Despot
Formerly: Blight, Deacon Frost, Heinrich Himmler of S_D

Postby Zechs » Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:52 pm

Lord Ice wrote:The first was a creepy surrealistic mindtrip. The second was okay. The third was really bad, and the fourth a total shit stew. This will be the worst thing ever or it will redeem the series. Either way I'll look forward to it. :smt026

The third went into it's so bad it's good territory. Fourth one okay I'll give you that. I do enjoy the second though for the chainsaw fight in it and the effects are top notch.

sdsichero wrote:
I especially like and admire Zechs. He's everything I wish I could be!

Dragavon wrote:Zechs... is...

Zechs...is...

I can't say it. It's too horrible. Zechs...is...not...wrong...

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 398 posts
Title: Maple Leaf Ninja

Postby Stephen Day » Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:08 pm

I've only ever seen the second movie in this series. It's been quite awhile since I watched it and as a result I really don't remember much about it. I think I enjoyed it though.

Thank you Troy for the sig

syxxpakk
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 111 posts
Title: The Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:34 pm

I always found these movies to be awful. I sought out the first one and caught the others at random times on TV.

When you're as good as Chael, you can only call out people worse than you.

@syxxpakk on the Twitter.

alaska1125
dINGO

Liked in: 146 posts

Postby alaska1125 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:37 pm

syxxpakk wrote:I always found these movies to be awful. I sought out the first one and caught the others at random times on TV.

Ditto. I tried multiple times, but I never got the appeal.

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:56 pm

alaska1125 wrote:Ditto. I tried multiple times, but I never got the appeal.

I guess for me it's the everyman aspect of the series. That the one of the main protagonist's aka Reggie is just a normal guy trying to do the beyond normal thing while trying to still live a normal life. Of course he fails utterly toward the end of each one only to respawn at the beginning of the next movie completely unharmed.

The Tall Man just has this presence about him that only I'd say Michael Myers and Pinhead only have. There's this mysterious agenda of his and then there's the fact you cannot stop him only stall him.

Then there's the dark humor littered throughout all five movies.

Plus chainsaw fight (from II):

sdsichero wrote:

Zechs...is...

doombug
Staff Writer

Liked in: 149 posts

Postby doombug » Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:01 pm

Hell fucking yeah, can't be april fools either, too early to be setting up a joke that elaborate.

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Re: 'Phantasm V' is Just a Dream? NO It's NOT! *UPDATE

Postby Zechs » Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:32 pm

Three bits of updates have been added to the article. The thing I don't understand is Bloody Disgusting says Phantasm Archives Don Cosacrelli isn't directing but David Hartman is. Phantasm Archives doesn't say this at all. What's going on? :smt017

Still, one actor whose appeared in two of the Phantasm movies confirmed the movie's existence.

sdsichero wrote:

Zechs...is...

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The Asylum