Advertisement

I pity Zimbabwe's people

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

L Independant
25 To Life

Liked in: 0 post

I pity Zimbabwe's people

Postby L Independant » Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:51 pm

It's probable that Mugabe lost, but now he's resorting to his old dictatorial crap and accusations. My girlfriend's roommate was an election monitor there, and he's had to leave the country because Mugabe won't renew American visas. He was in South Africa, waiting for something to happen so he could go back for the run-off elections, but is now in Sudan visiting his girlfriend, who is working on some stuff in the South of that country.

He's got the coolest job. :evil:

Advertisement

nietoperz
The Goddamn Bat-min

Liked in: 142 posts
Title: Forum Manager

L Independant
25 To Life

Postby L Independant » Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:18 pm

Here's hoping that they can do SOMETHING to uphold the probable election victory against Mugabe and to rid Zimbabwe of his lack of leadership.

nietoperz
The Goddamn Bat-min

Liked in: 142 posts
Title: Forum Manager

Postby nietoperz » Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:38 pm

In the end, the fact that someone as important as Gordon Brown has said this - and on the eve of a state visit to the US, as well - is pretty remarkable. I think Mugabe's days are numbered.

In fact this kind of reminds me of the fall of Ferdinand Marcos, in a way.

L Independant
25 To Life

Postby L Independant » Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:55 pm

nietoperz wrote:In the end, the fact that someone as important as Gordon Brown has said this - and on the eve of a state visit to the US, as well - is pretty remarkable. I think Mugabe's days are numbered.

In fact this kind of reminds me of the fall of Ferdinand Marcos, in a way.
I'm happy to see the opposition try to go through official channels (the country's Supreme Court, though Zanu-PF run) to legitimize themselves, and not to resort to violence. What happened in Kenya was pretty scary, and a repeat is, hopefully, being avoided. Lessons learned. :-)

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The Asylum