Advertisement

Pokemon games

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

sdsichero
2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Liked in: 28 posts
Title: ライダー変身!
Formerly: beta-ray

Re: Pokemon games

Postby sdsichero » Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:17 am

Think this is from a new game? Or something else?

Advertisement

Amoebas
Son of Stein

Liked in: 19 posts
Title: Amorphous Anomoly

Postby Amoebas » Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:27 am

sdsichero wrote:Think this is from a new game? Or something else?

Pokemon Stadium II?
Pokemon Colosseum II?
Pokemon Revolution II?

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:13 pm

Amoebas wrote:Pokemon Stadium II?
Pokemon Colosseum II?
Pokemon Revolution II?

Most folks seem to be guessing Stadium/Colosseum

I hope it is something interesting. Fear it might be an arcade game. Don't think it would be SSB... but I guess it is possible.

PDH
rubber spoon

Liked in: 1 post

Postby PDH » Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:53 am

sdsichero wrote:Pocket Monsters The Origin... looks like an anime special (series). Tells the tale of Red and Green...

A Pokémon anime that doesn't suck? Dare I hope?

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:54 pm

PDH wrote:

One can hope...

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:32 am

Is this what that new image is?

Pokkén Fighters Might Be That Mysterious Pokémon Game With Lucario

Siliconera uncovered trademarks for Pokkén Fighters and Pokkén Tournament filed by The Pokémon Company in the US. Two bipedal Pokémon about to fight? Sounds kind of like a Pokémon fighting game to me and it and there are enough fighting type Pokémon for this game to exist. And that flag in the top right hand corner looks like the logo for fighting Pokémon from the Pokémon Trading Card game. Hmmm…

StaticVic
Mad Hatter

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Lavish Life style
Formerly: Teflon Don

Postby StaticVic » Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:29 am

PDH wrote:

oh wow. it actually looks interesting
"I think they want us to come and find them." - Dr. Elizabeth Shaw

PDH
rubber spoon

Liked in: 1 post

Postby PDH » Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:37 pm

Have you guys ever tried any different ways of playing, like Nuzlocke Challenges or Monotype Runs?

So, a Nuzlocke, in case you didn't know, is when you play through the game (doesn't matter which game) with the following rules:

1) Must catch first Pokémon you see in each area AND NO OTHERS. If you fail to catch one, tough. Wait for next area.
2) Faint = death. Whiteout = Game over. When a Pokémon 'dies' you have to release it.

Monotype, meanwhile, is when you just use a single type (I like to imagine I'm training to be a Gym Leader!)

Some of it is really fun. You really get attached to your Pokémon when you know they're mortal ( :-( ).

I also like Randomisers (but you have to be playing with emulators for this one). It's basically a program that randomises every encounter (and, if you want, the Pokémon used by trainers, their moves, typing, stats, items you find on the ground, what moves TMs give you and so on). I was playing Soul Silver with it randomised so that every wild Pokémon was replaced with another random one of the same level. So, like, in the first patch of grass there were level 3 Kingdras and Parasects and in the next one level 3-5 Scizors and Darkrais (!) Oh and the starters were Rhyhorn, Abra and Chikorita. My current team is ridiculous. I think it's great because normally by the time you've got Dragonites and Tyranitars and whatnot the game is basically over, so you never really get to use them. It also makes bosses more challenging. You don't know what types the Gym Leaders will be using, you won't end up facing some Team Rocket guy with six Wheezings or some shit. It's really funny watching Brock go on about how tough his Rock Pokémon are when his team is, like, Mewtwo, Rattata, Milotic...

Or you could just flat-out hack the roms if you really need that Dragon Type Gyarados (because WHY wasn't it a Dragon Type to start with?)

If you know these games inside out there are all sorts of fun ways to keep it fresh.

StaticVic
Mad Hatter

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Lavish Life style
Formerly: Teflon Don

Postby StaticVic » Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:16 am

PDH wrote:Have you guys ever tried any different ways of playing, like Nuzlocke Challenges or Monotype Runs?

So, a Nuzlocke, in case you didn't know, is when you play through the game (doesn't matter which game) with the following rules:

1) Must catch first Pokémon you see in each area AND NO OTHERS. If you fail to catch one, tough. Wait for next area.
2) Faint = death. Whiteout = Game over. When a Pokémon 'dies' you have to release it.

Monotype, meanwhile, is when you just use a single type (I like to imagine I'm training to be a Gym Leader!)

Some of it is really fun. You really get attached to your Pokémon when you know they're mortal ( :-( ).

I also like Randomisers (but you have to be playing with emulators for this one). It's basically a program that randomises every encounter (and, if you want, the Pokémon used by trainers, their moves, typing, stats, items you find on the ground, what moves TMs give you and so on). I was playing Soul Silver with it randomised so that every wild Pokémon was replaced with another random one of the same level. So, like, in the first patch of grass there were level 3 Kingdras and Parasects and in the next one level 3-5 Scizors and Darkrais (!) Oh and the starters were Rhyhorn, Abra and Chikorita. My current team is ridiculous. I think it's great because normally by the time you've got Dragonites and Tyranitars and whatnot the game is basically over, so you never really get to use them. It also makes bosses more challenging. You don't know what types the Gym Leaders will be using, you won't end up facing some Team Rocket guy with six Wheezings or some shit. It's really funny watching Brock go on about how tough his Rock Pokémon are when his team is, like, Mewtwo, Rattata, Milotic...

Or you could just flat-out hack the roms if you really need that Dragon Type Gyarados (because WHY wasn't it a Dragon Type to start with?)

If you know these games inside out there are all sorts of fun ways to keep it fresh.

I'm familiar with those ways of playing but never done so. but my friends say its entertaining
"I think they want us to come and find them." - Dr. Elizabeth Shaw

Amoebas
Son of Stein

Postby Amoebas » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:08 am

I've toyed with Nuzlocke before and gave up the moment I need to use an HM and didn't have anyone that could learn it.

Amoebas
Son of Stein

Postby Amoebas » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:11 am

Amoebas wrote:Image

I happened in on a Gamestop yesterday and I had completely forgot this! Grabbing Shiny Dialga tomorrow when I go in for Rumble U.

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:14 am

Amoebas wrote:I happened in on a Gamestop yesterday and I had completely forgot this! Grabbing Shiny Dialga tomorrow when I go in for Rumble U.

Very good.

Another image

Amoebas
Son of Stein

Postby Amoebas » Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:33 am

So Rumble U...

Plays just like every other Rumble game with the exception that there are zero instructions.

Now this isn't really a problem, a lot of it is self explanatory, but a one player game forces you take on 3 partners, and some of the challenge quests are undone by these rogue 'friends' doing the one thing the challenge doesn't want you to do - and I can't find a way to turn of the CPU to get them to stop!

Also if you get a Black or White Kyerum NPC - don't use it if you're looking for a medium to hard game. It's so ungodly powerful it takes all the skill (and fun) out of it.

And the NPC's you can buy - People on other sites have been boasted that they bought ten or fifteen or eighteen and they got all unique characters. I bought three and got Pikachu, Eevee and Eevee :smt011

Still, the kids are going to love it when I unveil tomorrow.

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:54 pm

Amoebas wrote:And the NPC's you can buy - People on other sites have been boasted that they bought ten or fifteen or eighteen and they got all unique characters. I bought three and got Pikachu, Eevee and Eevee :smt011

sdsichero

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum