Advertisement

Positive signs on the PS3 front.

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

C20Percent
User avatar
rubber spoon
 
Posts: 6271
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:55 pm


Postby C20Percent » Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:17 pm

milton73 wrote:Because WASD intimidates him :-D


Don't your hands ever get sore during a long gaming session? I tried the two week free trial and WOW, and my hands were killing me at times.

Advertisement

The Juan Percenter
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 25897
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:10 pm


Postby The Juan Percenter » Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:17 pm

C20Percent wrote:Don't you have to update your technology every couple of years to game on the PC? I'm resigned to game on a console and use a PC for the Interwebz and Microsoft Office?


I do a big upgrade once every four years - about the same time between my Ps1 and PS2 purchase.

C20Percent
User avatar
rubber spoon
 
Posts: 6271
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:55 pm


Postby C20Percent » Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:18 pm

DaReekstah wrote:Is Microsoft Office new slang for porn?


Pornhub, Redtube, and Youporn were all covered under Interwebz.

The Juan Percenter
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 25897
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:10 pm


Postby The Juan Percenter » Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:19 pm

C20Percent wrote:Don't your hands ever get sore during a long gaming session? I tried the two week free trial and WOW, and my hands were killing me at times.


Not at all. Playing FPS shooters like Bioshock is so much better on PC because the mouse is much more accurate than the controller.

C20Percent
User avatar
rubber spoon
 
Posts: 6271
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:55 pm


Postby C20Percent » Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:23 pm

milton73 wrote:I do a big upgrade once every four years - about the same time between my Ps1 and PS2 purchase.


See, I can get very close to 10 years out of consoles today. There are still a ton of games on PS2 and XBox that I haven't played -- in fact, I just started the 3rd Splinter Cell the other night. If my roommate didn't have a 360, then I wouldn't play any next-gen stuff at all.

And, I'm much more comfortable with a controller in my hand than a mouse, but one of my roommates is the exact opposite -- I think that boils down to personal preference because I'm wild with a mouse (all over the place).

The Juan Percenter
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 25897
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:10 pm


Postby The Juan Percenter » Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:26 pm

C20Percent wrote:See, I can get very close to 10 years out of consoles today. There are still a ton of games on PS2 and XBox that I haven't played -- in fact, I just started the 3rd Splinter Cell the other night. If my roommate didn't have a 360, then I wouldn't play any next-gen stuff at all.

And, I'm much more comfortable with a controller in my hand than a mouse, but one of my roommates is the exact opposite -- I think that boils down to personal preference because I'm wild with a mouse (all over the place).


I'm really into DIY electronic projects so PC gaming fits my profile since there is so much opportunity to customize.

Have you ever tried using a mouse whose primary function is gaming? They are pretty amazing and will improve your performance.

C20Percent
User avatar
rubber spoon
 
Posts: 6271
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:55 pm


Postby C20Percent » Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:33 pm

milton73 wrote:I'm really into DIY electronic projects so PC gaming fits my profile since there is so much opportunity to customize.

Have you ever tried using a mouse whose primary function is gaming? They are pretty amazing and will improve your performance.


I know there are accessories out there that make computer gaming easier, but I've never invested in a great video card or a high-end PC. Nowadays, everything that released on the PC eventually makes its way to consoles -- so there are no "must haves" of which I can think. I really wanted to play Portal, and I'm not sure if that will be released on the consoles. At any rate, most PC gamers that I know use them mostly for MMORPGs, and that's not really my thing.

The Juan Percenter
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 25897
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:10 pm


Postby The Juan Percenter » Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:38 pm

C20Percent wrote:I know there are accessories out there that make computer gaming easier, but I've never invested in a great video card or a high-end PC. Nowadays, everything that released on the PC eventually makes its way to consoles -- so there are no "must haves" of which I can think. I really wanted to play Portal, and I'm not sure if that will be released on the consoles. At any rate, most PC gamers that I know use them mostly for MMORPGs, and that's not really my thing.


I am an RPG guy mostly - games like Neverwinter Nights don't come out on consoles and the console games I do like like GTA come to the PC with improvements made to the console version. It is a matter of taste and time.

tralfaz
User avatar
Swedish Pinata of Death
 
Posts: 3862
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2008 6:31 pm


Postby tralfaz » Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:53 pm

C20Percent wrote:Well, I've waited long enough -- it's beginning to look like PS3 is going to win more than just the Blu-Ray format war. I think they're going to win the console war.

I read stories lately that detail everything from developers finding it more difficult to produce for 360 to 360's still having hardware issues. And, with Christmas right around the corner I don't see how the 360 can compete unless they drop the price again because Gears of War 2 is not gonna make people want to buy a 360 like God of War 3 is a PS3.

In retrospect, I think 360's 1st Party Game superiority was terribly exaggerated compared to PS3. I've actually just now come around to that realization after telling everybody the 360 has the better games.

you must not have heard the rumors about microsoft letting third party companies make xbox 360... essentially, a company can make a blu-ray player that is capable of playing 360 games

Chris
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 41376
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 49 posts
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:10 pm
Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris


Postby Chris » Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:54 pm

tralfaz wrote:you must not have heard the rumors about microsoft letting third party companies make xbox 360... essentially, a company can make a blu-ray player that is capable of playing 360 games


Wait.. are you shitting me?
Image

C20Percent
User avatar
rubber spoon
 
Posts: 6271
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:55 pm


Postby C20Percent » Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:59 pm

tralfaz wrote:you must not have heard the rumors about microsoft letting third party companies make xbox 360... essentially, a company can make a blu-ray player that is capable of playing 360 games


What? How is this beneficial to Microsoft? Why wouldn't Microsoft just put a Blu-Ray Player in their 360?

Chris
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 41376
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 49 posts
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:10 pm
Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris


Postby Chris » Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:00 pm

C20Percent wrote:What? How is this beneficial to Microsoft? Why wouldn't Microsoft just put a Blu-Ray Player in their 360?


Exactly.

ALOT of people have a 360. So now, if they want a Blu-Ray player.. wouldn't they just buy a regular Blu-Ray player?

I'm sure it would sell.. but would it be worth the time? It's far more logical for Microsoft to just release an add-on Blu-Ray player like they had with HD-DVD.
Image

tralfaz
User avatar
Swedish Pinata of Death
 
Posts: 3862
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2008 6:31 pm


Postby tralfaz » Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:11 pm

C20Percent wrote:What? How is this beneficial to Microsoft? Why wouldn't Microsoft just put a Blu-Ray Player in their 360?

I would think there would be a licensing fee of some sort and a percentage from sales. it benefits them because it gets it out there the same way the PS3 doubles as a blu-ray player. why spend the money in development when you can have some other company do it for you?



http://kotaku.com/5019400/microsoft-to- ... 0-consoles


DaReekstah wrote:Exactly.

ALOT of people have a 360. So now, if they want a Blu-Ray player.. wouldn't they just buy a regular Blu-Ray player?

I'm sure it would sell.. but would it be worth the time? It's far more logical for Microsoft to just release an add-on Blu-Ray player like they had with HD-DVD.
your logic doesn't work cause they would have to pay SONY and then develop the add on which would cost money

misac
User avatar
Outhouse Editor
 
Posts: 35013
Likes: 236 posts
Liked in: 159 posts
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 2:49 pm
Location: {nomultithumb}


Postby misac » Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:16 pm

Little Big Planet looks fun. When the PS3 drops in price again I might get it to play that game.
Image

Chris
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 41376
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 49 posts
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:10 pm
Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris


Postby Chris » Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:17 pm

tralfaz wrote:your logic doesn't work cause they would have to pay SONY and then develop the add on which would cost money


But again.. would it sell enough to be worth it? What about all the millions of people who already own a 360?
Image

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: FaceBook [Linkcheck] and 37 guests

Advertisement