Advertisement

Queer Heroes

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Arion
Twenty-Something

Liked in: 125 posts
Title: www.artbyarion.blogspot.com

Re: Queer Heroes

Postby Arion » Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:06 pm

TheSecondLex wrote:
definitely, Ari. I don't remember as crystal-clear a moment for myself, as to like when it became clear this wasn't just something to masturbate over, that it was a real thing that I had to face, but I think it had to deal with like feelings or whatever ("feelings or whatever," said the ever so stoic Chris!) for an old HS friend. To be sure, those never materialised, but to feel That Way about a friend, a close friend, a guy--having never felt anything like it for a gal friend? That was probably the turning point.

What surprises me msot, tangentially, is the amount of people to whom I've come out and they're like, were you molested? And I'm like, no, I just like dudes! And then I tell them the 4h camp story. But no, no moleste. And I guess this doesn't bother me maybe as much as it should? Becuase it still points to an orthodox (re: straight) view of Our Community as deviant, in behaviour if not at least in reasons, if you catch my drift. As if to say something terrible has to happen to MAKE US gay. We can't just Be Gay.

Well. Team Lex says hard cheese :)

Also, if any of you would care to read my last foray into the supernerdy world of fanfic....first of all, mock away, I've been trying to legitimise the field for eight years. Second of all, let me know or I'll throwq the link up here. So, you know, you can mock some more :)

I think we've all had some sort of feeling towards our high school friends, it's only normal. Usually guys fall in love with girls in high school, so to same happens to us, except, you know, most of the time we make the mistake of having a crush on a straight guy (which has happened to me hundreds of times).

"Were you molested?" What an awful question. Nobody has ever asked me that. I do get a lot of people asking if I'm bisexual. And I say no, why would I be bisexual, I just said homosexual, wasn't that clear enough for you?

ThatGuyRoman wrote:Oh yes, I remember that scene, I honestly didn't even realize it was Tom Hardy until I recently rewatched the series.

And Roman, I'm sure if you say you're bisexual no one ever asks you if that means you are homosexual.

Advertisement

ThatGuyRoman
dINGO

Liked in: 0 post
Title: That Guy, Roman.

Postby ThatGuyRoman » Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:10 pm

I never say I'm bi, I just say I'm gay. It's just easier that way, and it's the closest to the truth anyway.

But yeah, I've gotten the "are you sure?" question a lot from family, as if I'm suddenly confused as to where I plan to place my dick on a regular basis.

ThatGuyRoman
dINGO

Postby ThatGuyRoman » Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:15 pm

I try to encourage a healthy dialogue of questions if it helps people, but sadly, most questions end up being pretty fucking stupid.

Like, REALLY fucking stupid.

TheSecondLex
cheese

Formerly: alexeiluthor

Postby TheSecondLex » Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:30 pm

ThatGuyRoman wrote:I try to encourage a healthy dialogue of questions if it helps people, but sadly, most questions end up being pretty fucking stupid.

Like, REALLY fucking stupid.

ayuh.

Funny story coming later.
vinnypic wrote:War is necessary. Cops are necessary. One is a necessary evil. one is a necessary force of good. failure to grasp that distinction means you're a high functioning retard.

GLX
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 108 posts
Title: Leader of The Society

Postby GLX » Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:32 pm

ThatGuyRoman wrote:I never say I'm bi, I just say I'm gay. It's just easier that way, and it's the closest to the truth anyway.

But yeah, I've gotten the "are you sure?" question a lot from family, as if I'm suddenly confused as to where I plan to place my dick on a regular basis.

"I want to place my dick in a guy's ass."
(In a game show host voice) "Are you sure?"

john lewis wrote:Everyone but GLX has no taste.

Arion
Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:10 pm

ThatGuyRoman wrote:I never say I'm bi, I just say I'm gay. It's just easier that way, and it's the closest to the truth anyway.

I think we all know where to place our dicks... in our underwear - ba-da-bang!

I hate stupid questions and for some reason I've been asked, at least a dozen of times, if I'm a top or a bottom. Every time I tell someone I'm gay I get the same question. It's not even funny anymore.

ThatGuyRoman
dINGO

Postby ThatGuyRoman » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:14 pm

Arion wrote:
I think we all know where to place our dicks... in our underwear - ba-da-bang!

I hate stupid questions and for some reason I've been asked, at least a dozen of times, if I'm a top or a bottom. Every time I tell someone I'm gay I get the same question. It's not even funny anymore.

Never been asked that one by a straight person, but yes, I could see that being awkward.

TheSecondLex
cheese

Postby TheSecondLex » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:07 pm

here's a puzzler, at least for me. Like three years ago when I had come back gome from college and reconnected with some old friends and made new ones, you know how it goes, we were at my buddy's house one night sitting around playing Poker and it just came up (that's what she said! heyo!) and these guys, hard guy, you know, caterpillar boots, camo hats, Dodge trucks with tires up to your boogers, take days off to go hunting, tough guys, real salt of the earth (redneck? eh its where I'm from lol)...they were all, to a one, okay. "That's cool man."

not supportive, b/c that's not their way, but merely okay with it. As were my parents years before when I came out to them. I had been kinda pissed off that it worked out so well for me--years of watching Cleveland football, for instance, has taught me to prepare for he other shoe dropping--but there was none of that. It was astounding. No one kicked me out, no one was like 'ew gross' or 'omygawdhowcouldyou' (well, one fat chick I knew in HS, but that's whatever). It was supremely weird and welcoming.

I almost feel bad there was no drama. Queer as Folk would be appalled lol
vinnypic wrote:War is necessary. Cops are necessary. One is a necessary evil. one is a necessary force of good. failure to grasp that distinction means you're a high functioning retard.

TheSecondLex
cheese

Postby TheSecondLex » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:11 pm

Also: True Tales of Hook-up Sadness:

straight boys. With girlfriends. I almost feel bad.

wait, Amendment:

"straight." Take that, society.

Arion
Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:49 pm

TheSecondLex wrote:here's a puzzler, at least for me. Like three years ago when I had come back gome from college and reconnected with some old friends and made new ones, you know how it goes, we were at my buddy's house one night sitting around playing Poker and it just came up (that's what she said! heyo!) and these guys, hard guy, you know, caterpillar boots, camo hats, Dodge trucks with tires up to your boogers, take days off to go hunting, tough guys, real salt of the earth (redneck? eh its where I'm from lol)...they were all, to a one, okay. "That's cool man."

not supportive, b/c that's not their way, but merely okay with it. As were my parents years before when I came out to them. I had been kinda pissed off that it worked out so well for me--years of watching Cleveland football, for instance, has taught me to prepare for he other shoe dropping--but there was none of that. It was astounding. No one kicked me out, no one was like 'ew gross' or 'omygawdhowcouldyou' (well, one fat chick I knew in HS, but that's whatever). It was supremely weird and welcoming.

That's a great anecdote. I guess that just proves you never know how people will react. Honestly I'm surprised to see they took it so well. I remember I had to sort of "explain" what did it mean that I was gay to some of my friends.

ThatGuyRoman wrote:
Never been asked that one by a straight person, but yes, I could see that being awkward.

Every time I get asked the same question, you have no idea how many times. It really makes me as angry as the Hulk on a bad day. Lucky you (but I guess you get even weirder questions).

ThatGuyRoman
dINGO

Postby ThatGuyRoman » Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:22 pm

People are usually too busy asking me stupid questions about my ethnicity to bother asking me about my sexual preferences. :lol:

ThatGuyRoman
dINGO

Postby ThatGuyRoman » Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:23 pm

TheSecondLex wrote:here's a puzzler, at least for me. Like three years ago when I had come back gome from college and reconnected with some old friends and made new ones, you know how it goes, we were at my buddy's house one night sitting around playing Poker and it just came up (that's what she said! heyo!) and these guys, hard guy, you know, caterpillar boots, camo hats, Dodge trucks with tires up to your boogers, take days off to go hunting, tough guys, real salt of the earth (redneck? eh its where I'm from lol)...they were all, to a one, okay. "That's cool man."

That how it was with my siblings, I mean, there were a few awkward questions but it was pretty much "Oh. Okay."

My folks on the other hand ... yeah ...

ThatGuyRoman
dINGO

Postby ThatGuyRoman » Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:25 pm

A lot of times girls (at least girls in this terrible city) refuse to believe I am gay and just think I am saying I am gay to get out of talking to them.

Which ... isn't totally incorrect, but it is annoying to have keep repeating one self to the point where, even if you weren't gay, you'd strongly consider trying if it would get them to leave you alone...

Timbales
Fisty McDigger

Liked in: 3 posts
Title: Namaste, mother fucker
Formerly: timberoo

Postby Timbales » Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:25 pm

my brother was pretty much convinced it was a phase, that was over 20 years ago

i wonder if he still thinks it's a phase? not that I care, he'd a dick
However, Liefeld is an enigma wrapped in a pouch-filled, muscular, footless conundrum.
Written or Contributed by ThanosCopter

Arion
Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:02 pm

Timbales wrote:my brother was pretty much convinced it was a phase, that was over 20 years ago

i wonder if he still thinks it's a phase? not that I care, he'd a dick

Maybe you should convince your brother that he is the one going through a phase... the heterosexual phase. I've heard is quite a nasty phase that left unattended can generate some serious consequences.

ThatGuyRoman wrote:People are usually too busy asking me stupid questions about my ethnicity to bother asking me about my sexual preferences. :lol:

I'd rather have questions about my ethnicity. Why can't I have your good luck?

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum