Tuesday, July 17, 2018 • Midnight Edition • "Still Kardashian free!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Queer Heroes

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:43 pm

GLX wrote:
Thought you'd dig it.

Speaking of films, have you had a chance to watch Only God Forgives?

You must forgive me, but I haven't seen it yet.

GLX

Outhouse Editor

Postby GLX » Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:50 pm

Arion wrote:
You must forgive me, but I haven't seen it yet.

It's weird and certainly not for everyone, but it touch you in a good way.

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:32 pm

GLX wrote:
It's weird and certainly not for everyone, but it touch you in a good way.

I love weird stuff. So I'm sure I would enjoy it.

TheSecondLex

cheese

Postby TheSecondLex » Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:12 pm

hey guys, what's been going on? i've been super busy with work and life and stuff :/

GLX

Outhouse Editor

Postby GLX » Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:26 pm

TheSecondLex wrote:hey guys, what's been going on? i've been super busy with work and life and stuff :/

Hey, man.

Same ol' same ol'....except busy. Read anything good, lately?

TheSecondLex

cheese

Postby TheSecondLex » Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:40 pm

Loving Hickman's Avengers work--LOVED his FF stuff, absolutely stellar and evocative of the highest points during Waid and Byrne's run. I think he's successfully nailed down some competing versions of Doom that have floated around for years and maybe even put them into a synergistic character. Same for Reed--the eccentric weirdo that lives way up here is also met with this very human, very tormented guy doing the best he can in insoluble ways.

And I think people miss that.

So I'm loving what Hickman is doing with his Avengers stuff, and loving that its a long-form take out from his FF stuff.

Other than that, chugging away. Eagerly awaiting the final colour version of Scott Pilgrim to come out. :)

how y'all doing? I'm so sorry I haven't been around :(

GLX

Outhouse Editor

Postby GLX » Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:04 am

TheSecondLex wrote:Loving Hickman's Avengers work--LOVED his FF stuff, absolutely stellar and evocative of the highest points during Waid and Byrne's run. I think he's successfully nailed down some competing versions of Doom that have floated around for years and maybe even put them into a synergistic character. Same for Reed--the eccentric weirdo that lives way up here is also met with this very human, very tormented guy doing the best he can in insoluble ways.

So I'm loving what Hickman is doing with his Avengers stuff, and loving that its a long-form take out from his FF stuff.

Other than that, chugging away. Eagerly awaiting the final colour version of Scott Pilgrim to come out. :)

I'm okay, myself.

Don't stress over your absence. A lot of classic posters such as SaturnKnight and garion have been MIA for a while. A lot of the big threads on here have shifted from group threads to comic shocker of the week material, for the most part.

TheSecondLex

cheese

Postby TheSecondLex » Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:45 pm

GLX wrote:
I'm okay, myself.

Don't stress over your absence. A lot of classic posters such as SaturnKnight and garion have been MIA for a while. A lot of the big threads on here have shifted from group threads to comic shocker of the week material, for the most part.

well, that's kind of a bummer. I always felt bad about abandoning you. Got a neat but stressful as fudge job in retail hr, now it's about to end (closing my store), so i find myself with free time.

I wish sk and gary were around. I miss those old days :)

GLX

Outhouse Editor

Postby GLX » Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:52 pm

TheSecondLex wrote:

well, that's kind of a bummer. I always felt bad about abandoning you. Got a neat but stressful as fudge job in retail hr, now it's about to end (closing my store), so i find myself with free time.

I wish sk and gary were around. I miss those old days :)

I've had to cut back on posting at times over the past few years due to limited internet access.

Gonna try to work in another HR job or try something else?

TheSecondLex

cheese

Postby TheSecondLex » Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:53 pm

gonna take some time off. it was the first job i had out of college (and right around graduation, TMI but anyway, I got really run down, bf dumped me and i got depressed etc)., and so those feelings are kind of comig up again. So Imma take some time off.

unless you're hiring :) i'll work for butterfingers.

GLX

Outhouse Editor

Postby GLX » Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:28 am

TheSecondLex wrote:gonna take some time off. it was the first job i had out of college (and right around graduation, TMI but anyway, I got really run down, bf dumped me and i got depressed etc)., and so those feelings are kind of comig up again. So Imma take some time off.

Do what you gotta do. I would recommend scoping out the local library for any comics you haven't had time to read yet. Might find fun....and interesting stuff there.

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:31 pm

TheSecondLex wrote:Loving Hickman's Avengers work--LOVED his FF stuff, absolutely stellar and evocative of the highest points during Waid and Byrne's run. I think he's successfully nailed down some competing versions of Doom that have floated around for years and maybe even put them into a synergistic character. Same for Reed--the eccentric weirdo that lives way up here is also met with this very human, very tormented guy doing the best he can in insoluble ways.

Hi, I really missed you!

It's glad to see you are back.

And just to prove you that I haven't been idle... here's a link to my comic (in Comixology):

https://www.comixology.com/Un-American- ... omic/95418

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:21 pm

TheSecondLex wrote:gonna take some time off. it was the first job i had out of college (and right around graduation, TMI but anyway, I got really run down, bf dumped me and i got depressed etc)., and so those feelings are kind of comig up again. So Imma take some time off.

Well, at least you have some work experience now. That's always good.

Butterfingers... eh...

TheSecondLex

cheese

Postby TheSecondLex » Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:54 pm

nice to see you too, ari.

currently starting over wreading Daredevil in advance of the netflix show.

Frank Miller :)

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:06 pm

TheSecondLex wrote:nice to see you too, ari.

currently starting over wreading Daredevil in advance of the netflix show.

Frank Miller :)

Thank you for resurrecting the thread!

Miller + Mazzuchelli = a ton of 80s gold.

leave a comment with facebook