Advertisement

NY Rangers Vs. NJ Devils

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

investcomics
Birdman

Liked in: 0 post

NY Rangers Vs. NJ Devils

Postby investcomics » Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:41 am

LETS GO RAN-GERS!! LETS GO RAN-GERS!!

Stanley Cup playoffs begin for NY vs NJ. By far the MOST covenant award in ALL sports -The Stanley cup.
No other of the top American sports offers a better trophy. Your name engraved on the cup with your teammates for 70 years or so. That cup has been around the world in places that NO other trophy has gone. Each member of the team keeps it for a week (i think). It's just massive history with that cup.

Advertisement

Doc Jon
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 1 post
Formerly: Doc Spider

Re: NY Rangers Vs. NJ Devils

Postby Doc Jon » Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:57 am

No doubt. Greatest trophy in sports, hands down.

Capitals vs. Flyers!!! Friday...

HJJOUNB SAWLWEN HATES MEO!!!! -Royal

investcomics
Birdman

Postby investcomics » Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:41 am

Hey jsalwen, I was a huge fan of the crazy 8's line on the Flyers. Remember them? They were awesome. except when they played the Rangers. ;)

Doc Jon
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Doc Jon » Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:05 pm

investcomics wrote:Hey jsalwen, I was a huge fan of the crazy 8's line on the Flyers. Remember them? They were awesome. except when they played the Rangers. ;)

Ah, yes. I really thought we had a championship with those guys. And then the Red Wing swept us.:( Still, they gave us a lot of good years.

Doc Jon
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Doc Jon » Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:08 pm

Oh, and it's funny that you mention that line. I always thought that the one thing they needed was Messier. I thought he could give Lindros the guidance he needed to really lead the Flyers. They finally got together on the Rangers, but that did the Flyers no good, obviously.

investcomics
Birdman

Postby investcomics » Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:20 pm

jsalwen wrote:Oh, and it's funny that you mention that line. I always thought that the one thing they needed was Messier. I thought he could give Lindros the guidance he needed to really lead the Flyers. They finally got together on the Rangers, but that did the Flyers no good, obviously.

If Messier was on that crazy 8's team, that would have been a cup NO doubt. Messier is probably the greatest leader in ALL of sports by a HUGE margin. Yes there might have been "better" players talent wise, but NO ONE measures up to heart like Messier did.

Doc Jon
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Doc Jon » Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:33 am

Yup. Well, he brought the cup to NY. I still remember when he first touched the cup in a Rangers uniform.:)

investcomics
Birdman

Postby investcomics » Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:35 am

jsalwen wrote:Yup. Well, he brought the cup to NY. I still remember when he first touched the cup in a Rangers uniform.:)

So do I. It was a great moment for us New Yorkers as well as him. Messier looked like he won the cup for the first time again. What about the guarantee win against the Devils. Goes out and scores a hat trick??? Unreal.

investcomics
Birdman

Postby investcomics » Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:48 am

investcomics wrote:
jsalwen wrote:Yup. Well, he brought the cup to NY. I still remember when he first touched the cup in a Rangers uniform.:)

So do I. It was a great moment for us New Yorkers as well as him. Messier looked like he won the cup for the first time again. What about the guarantee win against the Devils. Goes out and scores a hat trick??? Unreal.

Just saw on ESPN.com, the odds of winning the cup. NY Rangers 22-1 and Philly Flyers 35-1! Red Wings 3-1 ::) , that's a stretch huh?

Doc Jon
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Doc Jon » Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:25 pm

35-1? 35-1?!

At least we have a chance.:D

investcomics
Birdman

Postby investcomics » Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:28 pm

jsalwen wrote:35-1? 35-1?!

At least we have a chance.:D

yeah right, between the both of us we'll be fighting each other to see who tees off first in a few weeks with those odds. Sheesh.

Doc Jon
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Doc Jon » Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:34 pm

Right now, I'm just glad the 76ers and the Flyers are in the postseason. Considering our performance as of late, at least it's something. I just hate it when my team's season ends with the regular season. I'm not thinking championship, but I just want a shot. You know what I mean?

investcomics
Birdman

Postby investcomics » Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:55 pm

jsalwen wrote:Right now, I'm just glad the 76ers and the Flyers are in the postseason. Considering our performance as of late, at least it's something. I just hate it when my team's season ends with the regular season. I'm not thinking championship, but I just want a shot. You know what I mean?

Hey you're totally right about that. I think the Rangers were out of the playoffs for 5 years straight and it totally sucked. At least like you said, YOU'RE IN IT! Good point.

Doc Jon
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Doc Jon » Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:05 am

How is this series going?

I've been so busy I've barely had a chance to see the Flyers who are up 2-1 in the series.:)

investcomics
Birdman

Postby investcomics » Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:20 am

jsalwen wrote:How is this series going?

I've been so busy I've barely had a chance to see the Flyers who are up 2-1 in the series.:)

Rangers up 2-1. I hope that "NJ goalie" doesn't get hot because if he does we're in trouble and so is the rest of the league.

leave a comment with facebook

Next

Return to The Asylum