Advertisement

GO RAPS GO!

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Shady
cheese

Liked in: 0 post

GO RAPS GO!

Postby Shady » Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:10 am

Kick some Orlando Magic ass!

Advertisement

Keb
<( ' . ' )>

Liked in: 323 posts
Title: Wastespacer
Formerly: Cocaine Biceps

Postby Keb » Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:46 pm

You are good people.

I will be watching on Sunday.
SHABBA!

Shady
cheese

Postby Shady » Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:52 pm

I hope they get past the first round this time, I don't like how the media is underestimating the magic.

DeadFett
Outhouse Editor

Title: Medicated and X-Rated
Formerly: FormerMember

Postby DeadFett » Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:55 pm

Shady wrote:I hope they get past the first round this time, I don't like how the media is underestimating the magic.

Yeah, that's a mistake. The Magic have a good team.

Keb
<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:56 pm

the Magic should give us Hedo Turkgolu. He really has come to this year. And D12, that man is a beast. But yeah they have no really good point guard. Jameer Nelson is inconsistent and Carlos Arroyo isn't a pure PG. Look for Ford to be getting his shots off those two all series. It all boils down to defending Shard, Turk and D12, and how well the PGs play offence.
SHABBA!

Shady
cheese

Postby Shady » Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:01 pm

DeadFett wrote:Yeah, that's a mistake. The Magic have a good team.

I can't imagine underestimating a team that has Howard, Lewis and Turkoglu. There not push overs.

Keb
<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:12 pm

Orlando's weakness is their bench and their PG. Always has been. Their bench has improved but they don't have Brian Cook who is one hell of a shooter. I think right now the Raptors bench is slumping it, but if they pick it up (Kapono needs to start hitting shots, Bargnani needs to turn it up, Delfino needs to play with more confidence) they definitely can outshine the Orlando bench. Another player who needs to attack more is Jamario. I would have him come off the bench and have Bargnani start at the 3 because I think Bargs is a great 3 especially against Hedo. Another thing Orlando doesn't have is someone who can guard Bosh. He needs to play the double team well, and he's improved his ability to pass out of it. If the Raps push it to seven games, then I'll be happy enough.

My three steps to winning:
1. Boss D12 away from the paint, keep him 12 feet from the basket where he's absolutely shit.
2. Contain Shard and Turk, go at them offensively get them into foul trouble early if you can. Suspect defences.
3. PG Pick-n-Roll. Exploitation!
SHABBA!

Shady
cheese

Postby Shady » Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:24 pm

PG and the bench is definitely key. I think it will be hard to contain D12 but the Raps could definitely keep shard and turk in check. I think it all starts with Ford & Calderon though, they've got a huge advantage in that area.

Keb
<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:42 pm

Rasho just has to boss him around. He did it every game they played against each other last year. Rasho has the strength and size, it's just about playing smart defence.

And remember, Dwight's a turnover machine ;)
SHABBA!

Shady
cheese

Postby Shady » Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:59 pm

Rasho's been slow out of the gate this year but he's been hot the past month. hopefully he continues in the playoffs...that also means Bargniani comes off the bench and has limited minutes.

Keb
<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:38 pm

Shady wrote:Rasho's been slow out of the gate this year but he's been hot the past month. hopefully he continues in the playoffs...that also means Bargniani comes off the bench and has limited minutes.
Bargnani's been garbage 8 nights out of 10 so I'm not worried. He does have to step his game up bigtime for this series. I love that shot when he comes dribbles a couple feet in off a fake, I think it's been his best weapon this season.

Dude, you should come watch a game at my place. What are you saying next Saturday?
SHABBA!

DeadFett
Outhouse Editor

Title: Medicated and X-Rated
Formerly: FormerMember

Postby DeadFett » Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:51 pm

Bargnani's stats are down in almost every category from where they were last year. I honestly expected him to play a lot better this year.

Shady
cheese

Postby Shady » Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:54 pm

Keb wrote:Bargnani's been garbage 8 nights out of 10 so I'm not worried. He does have to step his game up bigtime for this series. I love that shot when he comes dribbles a couple feet in off a fake, I think it's been his best weapon this season.

Dude, you should come watch a game at my place. What are you saying next Saturday?

he's an amazing shooter when he's on but i hope they trade Bargniani, i think the experiment is over with him...he's too soft even though I saw him drive to the net the last couple of games. :shock:

let me check on my schedule, but thats sounds like a good plan.

Shady
cheese

Postby Shady » Fri Apr 18, 2008 3:12 pm

DeadFett wrote:Bargnani's stats are down in almost every category from where they were last year. I honestly expected him to play a lot better this year.

he's been a huge dissapointment, we were expecting him to take some pressure off of bosh, improve his inside game more. unfortunately, he's been scared shitless to go anywhere near the basket, he's always been hanging out in the perimeter.

Keb
<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Sat Apr 19, 2008 2:28 am

Shady wrote:he's been a huge dissapointment, we were expecting him to take some pressure off of bosh, improve his inside game more. unfortunately, he's been scared shitless to go anywhere near the basket, he's always been hanging out in the perimeter.
He re-adjusting to his his new game. They've been working with him on developing a back-to-the-basket game, and also having him weight train. It's not easy to adjust your game when your body is changing.

He'll take a while. Dirk didn't bloom two years into his NBA career.
SHABBA!

leave a comment with facebook

Next

Return to The Asylum