Monday, June 27, 2016 • Midnight Edition • "The trash of the multiverse has gotta end up somewhere."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

So I'm reading Watchmen for the 5th or 6th time

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Woody

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby Woody » Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:30 pm

My last reading was long enough ago that I don't totally remember all the details.

And I get a few issues in and it finally struck me how great this piece of work is.

I read it and liked it before- but this time it's just reading like a masterpiece.

I'm kinda understanding the praise it receives

thoughts?

nietoperz

The Goddamn Bat-min

Postby nietoperz » Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:34 pm

I couldn't agree more. It really is a remarkable work (as is V for Vendetta, IMO).

outsider

Outhouse Drafter

Postby outsider » Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:34 pm

I've thought about picking this up again, especially since I don't think I've read it in... crap, 15 years? :oops:

nietoperz

The Goddamn Bat-min

Postby nietoperz » Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:36 pm

cncoyle wrote:I've thought about picking this up again, especially since I don't think I've read it in... crap, 15 years? :oops:

Do it! Before the movie comes out and (inevitably) dumbs it down.

superfictious

Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby superfictious » Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:38 pm

Don't you just love the symmetry and symbolism employed by Morrison? Indeed his best work.

nietoperz

The Goddamn Bat-min

Postby nietoperz » Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:40 pm

That joke always comes up, but I'm convinced that the poster in question wasn't serious. It seemed like a performance to me (as did his 'Explain Sandman' thread).

Jeff

Post Whore

Postby Jeff » Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:43 pm

I have forever lacked issue #11 of Watchmen. I really need to do something about that. I was going to splash out on the Absolute version but I can't seem to find one available online.

Carrie

Postby Carrie » Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:45 pm

I didn't like it the first time I read, and I haven't liked it on subsequent readings.

nietoperz

The Goddamn Bat-min

Postby nietoperz » Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:46 pm

Jeff wrote:I have forever lacked issue #11 of Watchmen. I really need to do something about that. I was going to splash out on the Absolute version but I can't seem to find one available online.

http://www.amazon.com/Watchmen-Absolute ... 357&sr=1-1

superfictious

Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby superfictious » Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:48 pm

nietoperz wrote:That joke always comes up, but I'm convinced that the poster in question wasn't serious. It seemed like a performance to me (as did his 'Explain Sandman' thread).

Probably, but I still like beating old jokes into the ground.

kingofcities

dINGO

Postby kingofcities » Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:54 pm

I re-read it again about 2 months back. Probably the 9th or 10th time I've done that. Still love it although I just skim over the pirate story now. I really can't wait for this movie.

outsider

Outhouse Drafter

Postby outsider » Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:55 pm

Black_Kryptonian wrote:Probably, but I still like beating old jokes into the ground.
You're the avengingtitan of comedy.

kingofcities

dINGO

Postby kingofcities » Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:56 pm

nietoperz wrote:Do it! Before the movie comes out and (inevitably) dumbs it down.

I strongly disagree. Nothing inevitable about it. If Dave Gibbons is happy with it I don't see any reason I won't be as well.

nietoperz

The Goddamn Bat-min

Postby nietoperz » Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:56 pm

kingofcities wrote:I strongly disagree. Nothing inevitable about it. If Dave Gibbons is happy with it I don't see any reason I won't be as well.

I hope you're right. But I've seen LOEG, From Hell and V for Vendetta, so I refuse to get my hopes up.

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:57 pm

Carrie wrote:I didn't like it the first time I read, and I haven't liked it on subsequent readings.

what she said. meh.

V for Vendetta however...that's the shit.

leave a comment with facebook