Sunday, June 26, 2016 • Morning Edition • "The comic book industry's inflamed butthole."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Is Reaper any good?

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

superfictious

Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby superfictious » Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:02 pm

I need a new show to get into.

Jonathan

Expert Post Whore

Postby Jonathan » Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:18 pm

Black_Kryptonian wrote:I need a new show to get into.

Based on the finale I watched, yes.

superfictious

Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby superfictious » Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:19 pm

Jonathan wrote:Based on the finale I watched, yes.

Was that the only ep you got a chance to watch?

Carrie

Postby Carrie » Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:20 pm

I really like it.

superfictious

Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby superfictious » Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:22 pm

Carrie wrote:I really like it.

So it's definitely worth catching from the beginning?

Jonathan

Expert Post Whore

Postby Jonathan » Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:23 pm

Black_Kryptonian wrote:Was that the only ep you got a chance to watch?

Yeah - I plan on getting the S1 DVD when it comes out.

Timbales

Fisty McDigger

Postby Timbales » Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:24 pm

I like it. It's a good show that doesn't seem to take itself too seriously.

Carrie

Postby Carrie » Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:26 pm

Black_Kryptonian wrote:So it's definitely worth catching from the beginning?

Yes. It's definitely a journey worth taking.

nietoperz

The Goddamn Bat-min

Postby nietoperz » Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:20 am

I really enjoy it, yeah. :D

Zero

Zombie Guard

Postby Zero » Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:23 am

It reminds me of Buffy S1, and I think that's a good thing.I'd like to see if it manages to get even better.

DeadFett

Outhouse Editor

Postby DeadFett » Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:57 am

A friend of mine watches it and loves it.

John Q.

cheese

Postby John Q. » Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:34 am

It's really good, definitely worth at least giving it a go

kingbobb

Great Scott!!!

Postby kingbobb » Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:40 am

I've seen a bit of it. I had to stop recording it because some genius decided to schedule it up against some other show I wanted to record more. Then, they put it in Supernatural's slot on Thursday...which runs against LOST. So, yeah, good luck to me, there.

But it seems like a better show than you might expect, given the netowrk it's on and the whole premise. It doesn't take itself too seriously, and it struck me as a more funny version of Supernatural. Not that Supernatural doesn't bring teh funny, but Reaper put the funny first and only used the Supernatural aspect as the topic. SN gets into some hefty, epic level stories, which appeals to me more.

I think the first season or Reaper leaned too much on the FotW formula, and lost track of the overal plot and themes for a while, but manages to find itself by the end of the season. It's worth checking out, I'd say.

Dragavon

Podcaster

Postby Dragavon » Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:41 am

Nice mix of comedy and action. And Ray Wise is brilliant as The Devil!

jza1218

Postby jza1218 » Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:44 am

kingbobb wrote:I've seen a bit of it. I had to stop recording it because some genius decided to schedule it up against some other show I wanted to record more. Then, they put it in Supernatural's slot on Thursday...which runs against LOST. So, yeah, good luck to me, there.

But it seems like a better show than you might expect, given the netowrk it's on and the whole premise. It doesn't take itself too seriously, and it struck me as a more funny version of Supernatural. Not that Supernatural doesn't bring teh funny, but Reaper put the funny first and only used the Supernatural aspect as the topic. SN gets into some hefty, epic level stories, which appeals to me more.

I think the first season or Reaper leaned too much on the FotW formula, and lost track of the overal plot and themes for a while, but manages to find itself by the end of the season. It's worth checking out, I'd say.

Judging by your omission of the conflicting show, I'm going to assume it's something embarrassing like "A Shot at Love with Tila Tequila" or "Keeping Up With the Kardashians"

leave a comment with facebook