Friday, September 21, 2018 • Evening Edition • "Voted best hair in high school."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Reliving The 1970s

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

zryson

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby zryson » Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:39 pm

Ahh the roller disco - people back then knew how to get down and boogie - unlike these days where everyone is more interested in staring at their mobile phones

RobThompson

cheese

Postby RobThompson » Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:41 pm

zryson

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby zryson » Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:41 am

Halloween. One of those legendary movies that created a slew of imitators. The original is still the best largely due to its simplicity - cold unrelenting evil in the form of Michael Myers or "The Boogieman." Listen and watch an audience reaction to the movie - people were genuinely scared by this movie and ironically, when they did one of the earliest screenings without music, it wasn't scary. It was the combination of both sound and video that made the movie so frightening.

cbikle

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby cbikle » Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:31 pm

Having grown up in the 70's, even then, I felt that everything was kind of cheesy/crappy and could be better and that included TV, fashion and especially technology (TV antennae were a pain in the ass and rotary phones hurt to use).

Things I remember fondly from that time were mostly about comic books, but also Saturday Night Live, Star Wars, the Superman movie.

Also was a very early fan of SCTV.

Mostly, I liked stuff from previous eras like black & white comedy movies, golden age reprints in comics and superhero cartoons from the 1960's.

cbikle

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby cbikle » Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:14 pm

Glaeken

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby Glaeken » Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:43 pm

cbikle wrote:Having grown up in the 70's, even then, I felt that everything was kind of cheesy/crappy and could be better and that included TV, fashion and especially technology (TV antennae were a pain in the ass and rotary phones hurt to use).

Things I remember fondly from that time were mostly about comic books, but also Saturday Night Live, Star Wars, the Superman movie.

Also was a very early fan of SCTV.

Mostly, I liked stuff from previous eras like black & white comedy movies, golden age reprints in comics and superhero cartoons from the 1960's.

I always loved the cheesiness of all the Sid and Marty Krofft shows. But for some reason, I wanted to shove Cha-Ka's face in the mud.

Eli Katz

OMCTO

Postby Eli Katz » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:41 pm

Leaded gas and lead paint. Them were the good old days.

leave a comment with facebook