Thursday, December 13, 2018 • Afternoon Edition • "We deal with the loons so you don't have to."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Reliving The 1970s

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

zryson

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby zryson » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:16 am

Now that The Eighties version is up and running, its time to remember The Seventies. What are your favorite memories? ABBA? Village People? Disco? Wonder Woman and The Six Million Dollar Man? They will all be here and much more.

Lets get this party started.

Herald

Not a Kardashian

Postby Herald » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:24 am

One of my most favorite songs:

zryson

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby zryson » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:37 am

Herald wrote:One of my most favorite songs:

Thanks Herald - when I think of The Bee Gees, its hard to decide a fave (there were so many) but I love this song from one of the most iconic movies ever made - Saturday Night Fever

zryson

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby zryson » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:56 am

Two classics from The 70s

zryson

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby zryson » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:09 am

The Seventies gave the world Wonder Woman with a perfectly cast Lynda Carter as The Amazing Amazon while on the big screen Christopher Reeve and Margot Kidder wowed audiences worldwide with Superman - one of the most popular movies ever made.

Flamebird

rubber spoon

Postby Flamebird » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:52 am

The 70's also took some strange turns down life's highways. . .

Herald

Not a Kardashian

Postby Herald » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:36 am

*does Mumbley laugh*

Flamebird

rubber spoon

Postby Flamebird » Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:20 am

Herald wrote:*does Mumbley laugh*

It's Muttley, you Philistine! :wink:

Chumley was the Walrus best friend of Tennessee Tuxedo.

Flamebird

rubber spoon

Postby Flamebird » Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:30 am

Marvel representing all the way back in the 70's.

zryson

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby zryson » Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:49 am

So many legendary movies in The Seventies but one of the best was something called Grease with a magical cast and a soundtrack that still delights to this day.

zryson

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby zryson » Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:11 am

1977 a film called Star Wars is released. And the movie and toy industry is never the same again.

Flamebird

rubber spoon

Postby Flamebird » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:40 am

zryson wrote:1977 a film called Star Wars is released. And the movie and toy industry is never the same again.

My at the time, brand new step-dad took me to see this opening weekend; cause he knew I was into that ggeky "star stuff". I was thirteen and into Star Trek and being thirteen; I was a little asshole, So I sat there hating on it through the whole movie. It was ten years before I actually watched it ad "just" a movie. :roll:

zryson

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby zryson » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:24 am

Flamebird wrote:
My at the time, brand new step-dad took me to see this opening weekend; cause he knew I was into that ggeky "star stuff". I was thirteen and into Star Trek and being thirteen; I was a little asshole, So I sat there hating on it through the whole movie. It was ten years before I actually watched it ad "just" a movie. :roll:

Probably the first thing I remember about Star Wars is that opening scene with Leia being chased - and you see that massive ship. But the thing I like the most is that there was literally a character for everybody - Leia (a kick-ass woman ahead of her time), Solo (just plain cool) and Luke (the guy who longs for something new) and so many others who made a huge impression.

zryson

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby zryson » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:41 am

Celebrating the 70s with songs that made millions flock to the dancefloor [Part 1]

achilles

Rain Partier

Postby achilles » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:19 am

Flamebird wrote:

It's Muttley, you Philistine! :wink:

Chumley was the Walrus best friend of Tennessee Tuxedo.[/quote

I thought Chumley worked in a Vegas pawn shop and had a stripper pole at his house? :smt017

leave a comment with facebook