Saturday, December 15, 2018 • Morning Edition • "SCORE! The Outhouse does it again!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Remember when...

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Benderbrau

Twenty-Something

Postby Benderbrau » Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:45 pm

cncoyle wrote:Or mid-30something, too!

Our babysitter (18 y.o.) makes me feel old all the time. She was saying how her boyfriend liked "old" country music... like Tobey Keith. :x She had no idea who Alabama, Dolly Parton or Kenny Rogers were.

Maybe because they all suck? :smt102

AaronW

Rain Partier

Postby AaronW » Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:46 pm

Timbales wrote:... there was no internet
... the only channels were 3, 5, 9 and PBS
... comics were less than a dollar
... summer hit and I'd leave the house after breakfast and not be home until dinner, my mom not knowing where I was or what I was doing and it was totally fine
... there were no cell phones
... house phones were corded and had a rotary dial

Yep. We would wander the neighborhood on our bikes all day long. Get into all kinds of trouble. Now I know parents who are so afraid due to the news that they don't like letting their kids out of their sight.

Benderbrau

Twenty-Something

Postby Benderbrau » Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:47 pm

Remember when getting on an airplane didn't involve getting forcibly felt up by a Neanderthal with a 5th grade education?

UnknownEric

dINGO

Postby UnknownEric » Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:48 pm

Yeah, I can totally remember getting out the old bike and riding around my neighborhood for hours, going nowhere but enjoying the hell out of getting there. Listening to the local AM Top 40 station play the latest Prince, Hall & Oates, and Def Leppard. Playing the horrible Smurfs game on my friend's Colecovision. Buying baseball and hockey stickers from the corner store. Watching Airwolf on the tiny B&W TV my parents gave me for my bedroom. Star Wars related coloring books. Watching All My Children with my grandma during summers off. Reading Hardy Boys books I checked out from my little local library that isn't even there anymore. Being able to buy the latest issues of Amazing Spider-Man and G.I. Joe from the same corner store I already mentioned. Amy Odell, my first sort-of girlfriend from when I was 9. The cop down the street who would shoot off confiscated fireworks on the 4th of July. Being grossed out by the "eye in the hand" effect on the Jacksons' "Torture" video.

Yeah, it wasn't a half-bad childhood after all...

rdrsfn82

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby rdrsfn82 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:49 pm

Benderbrau wrote:Remember when getting on an airplane didn't involve getting forcibly felt up by a Neanderthal with a 5th grade education?

I remember when picking someone up at the airport or dropping them off could include going to the gate with them.

outsider

Outhouse Drafter

Postby outsider » Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:51 pm

Benderbrau wrote:Maybe because they all suck? :smt102
LOL, you're wanting an e-battle, but... meh, tastes vary. I'm not a fan of hardcore heavy metal, but I know the names of key bands.

Starlord

Outhouse Editor

Postby Starlord » Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:54 pm

Benderbrau wrote:Remember when getting on an airplane didn't involve getting forcibly felt up by a Neanderthal with a 5th grade education?

that always happened to me in the locker room by the gym coach. I just thought it was normal.

Timbales

Fisty McDigger

Postby Timbales » Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:54 pm

I remember no one ever using a seatbelt, times when I'd be crammed into the back bench seat of a car with 5 other kids, or all the way in back of the giant station wagon.

I remember when no one gave a shit what label you were wearing.

Starlord

Outhouse Editor

Postby Starlord » Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:56 pm

I remember when Captain Kangaroo and Mr. Dress Up were the shows you had to watch. Oh and Bozo the clown.

Garofani Spruzzo

Rain Partier

Postby Garofani Spruzzo » Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:56 pm

Timbales wrote:I remember no one ever using a seatbelt...

One time the lock on the Duster failed and the passenger door popped open while going pretty fast and I flew out of the car and rolled into a ditch. It was fun.

Timbales

Fisty McDigger

Postby Timbales » Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:58 pm

I remember standing in line on a hot summer night for hours to see the latest movie to come to our one screen cinema - Star Wars

Garofani Spruzzo

Rain Partier

Postby Garofani Spruzzo » Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:59 pm

I saw Star Wars on opening day and the theater wasn't even crowded.

Starlord

Outhouse Editor

Postby Starlord » Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:01 pm

Victorian Squid wrote:
One time the lock on the Duster failed and the passenger door popped open while going pretty fast and I flew out of the car and rolled into a ditch. It was fun.

HA! We had a Duster for a while.

Timbales

Fisty McDigger

Postby Timbales » Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:02 pm

My older sister (who was babysitting me) her friend and I waited in line for the early evening showing and it sold out before we could get in, so we just waiting until the next showing, as people left we ended up first in line.

Benderbrau

Twenty-Something

Postby Benderbrau » Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:03 pm

cncoyle wrote:LOL, you're wanting an e-battle, but... meh, tastes vary. I'm not a fan of hardcore heavy metal, but I know the names of key bands.

It was an innocent question I swear. :oops:

leave a comment with facebook