Advertisement

My Report Card

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Daniel
Great Scott!!!

Liked in: 0 post

Postby Daniel » Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:49 am

I really do consider myself one of those people that don't work themselves too much over school. I put in effort, I take school seriously, but I am fine with a B. My minimum goal is to make honor roll. My parents don't push me to extremes like many kids around here and I'm really happy for that, they just want me to put in effort.

And just for the sake of saying it, I do go to a public school.
starlord wrote::shock: That's the first time paper has ever given me an erection!

Advertisement

rdrsfn82
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 3 posts

Postby rdrsfn82 » Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:51 am

Forbush Man wrote:I really do consider myself one of those people that don't work themselves too much over school. I put in effort, I take school seriously, but I am fine with a B. My minimum goal is to make honor roll. My parents don't push me to extremes like many kids around here and I'm really happy for that, they just want me to put in effort.

And just for the sake of saying it, I do go to a public school.

I think it's best to go to public school and not be isolated from other kinds of people. It's still mostly going to be people of similar means since it's based on geographic location, but it's better than going to a private school where you are taught to look down on others or home school where you don't gain social interaction as much as you should.

Daniel
Great Scott!!!

Postby Daniel » Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:53 am

rdrsfn82 wrote:I think it's best to go to public school and not be isolated from other kinds of people. It's still mostly going to be people of similar means since it's based on geographic location, but it's better than going to a private school where you are taught to look down on others or home school where you don't gain social interaction as much as you should.

It's amazing, the number of private schools around here when the public school system is one of the best in the state. The only situation for when I can see someone going to a private school is if the public school is atrocious, your child has special needs, or is beyond gifted in some sort of way, but even then, public school is your best bet.
starlord wrote::shock: That's the first time paper has ever given me an erection!

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 178 posts
Title: Deposted Despot
Formerly: Blight, Deacon Frost, Heinrich Himmler of S_D

Postby Zechs » Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:56 am

rdrsfn82 wrote:That sounds really really difficult. I don't think I could write 50 pages of stories.

Add to the building block of her forcing me not to write sci-fi or fantasy (she told me both ideas I had where off limits and she knew the work load I had that semester which made me even more pissed at her for denying me that). Yep it really was.

But I adapted. I used the short story collection instead to write about soldiers in World War II (two characters, one America and one German from beginning of the war for both to end).

And she gave me a D for it.. don't know the reasons why other than the grade.

Not that I really care about the grade since for some odd reason the internships I worked under her magazines that counted somehow (they weren't supposed to and miraculously counted as a credit each) and suddenly they negated the D grade.

I think it was her way maybe making up for that and the loads of mistakes she piled onto me that semester.

But enough of that..

It was more the opposite for me Forbush Man when it came to chosing private schools over public. Academic had nothing to do with it.

I chose private over public because of the tramatic experiences I had in 6th grade (friends who I thought where friends weren't and let's just leave it at that) and honestly the two public schools in my area that had the upper level (6-8th) and a private one.

I chose private so I could start a new life and a attempt to recoup. Which I judge was a good thing cause they where the ones who said I was close to an utter breakdown.

So I guess I fill that special needs option then.
Last edited by Zechs on Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

sdsichero wrote:
I especially like and admire Zechs. He's everything I wish I could be!

Dragavon wrote:Zechs... is...

Zechs...is...

I can't say it. It's too horrible. Zechs...is...not...wrong...

Keb
<( ' . ' )>

Liked in: 294 posts
Title: Wastespacer
Formerly: Cocaine Biceps

Postby Keb » Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:08 am

What's this one B about?

(sorry that's just the South Asian in me coming out :P)

She made you 50 pages in a month? Was she a mental case?

You should tell her "It's not the quantity of writing that a writer produces but the quality of the pieces." then slap her with a 900-page copy of Ulysses ;)
SHABBA!

nietoperz
The Goddamn Bat-min

Liked in: 177 posts
Title: Forum Manager

Postby nietoperz » Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:09 am

Well done Forbush - kudos to you! :D

3MJ

Liked in: 61 posts

Postby 3MJ » Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:09 am

Sigh :(

How I wish I'd done well in my exams.

You're the version of me I wish I was like Forbush.

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:16 am

Keb wrote:She made you 50 pages in a month? Was she a mental case?

You should tell her "It's not the quantity of writing that a writer produces but the quality of the pieces." then slap her with a 900-page copy of Ulysses ;)

About forty pages (all that crap I said included) plus the first twenty "corrected" and with "added" things to be written in a month's time.

And yes I would say she was greatly. I loved the bit where she stated to the class she be keeping the one part of our papers (the seven page part) and when she have the class again print them for the next time she have this class avialable (which was two years hey which would be now) could see and learn from.

And very tempting.. at least the professor (another one completely) who I gave my final 48 page portfolio (same semester with this class) realized that and gave me a pass (the final portfolio for the college has no grading scale save for pass or fail).

sdsichero wrote:

Zechs...is...

Keb
<( ' . ' )>

Liked in: 294 posts
Title: Wastespacer
Formerly: Cocaine Biceps

Postby Keb » Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:23 am

Frost wrote:About forty pages (all that crap I said included) plus the first twenty "corrected" and with "added" things to be written in a month's time.

And yes I would say she was greatly. I loved the bit where she stated to the class she be keeping the one part of our papers (the seven page part) and when she have the class again print them for the next time she have this class avialable (which was two years hey which would be now) could see and learn from.

And very tempting.. at least the professor (another one completely) who I gave my final 48 page portfolio (same semester with this class) realized that and gave me a pass (the final portfolio for the college has no grading scale save for pass or fail).
That's a bit much. My creative writing class last semester required a portfolio with all of our stories (we had three workshopped through the entire year) and all of our writing exercises. No page limits or any of that sillyness (although mine was probably about 40-odd pages now that I think about it because I wrote long weird stories to fuck with the people in my class because they were all prudish little English majors...).

You should have complained to the professor about time constraints.
SHABBA!

GOSD
Everybody lies!

Liked in: 194 posts
Title: Lick me!
Formerly: Ghost of Scooterdoom

Postby GOSD » Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:27 am

Damn, you're a youngin'.

Congrats, punk. :P

Zero
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 59 posts
Title: Last Man on Earth
Formerly: Armin Tamzarian

Postby Zero » Sat Jun 21, 2008 6:50 am

That's pretty hot shit (if I remember right). Good work!

Daniel
Great Scott!!!

Postby Daniel » Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:29 am

Twigglet wrote:Sigh :(

How I wish I'd done well in my exams.

You're the version of me I wish I was like Forbush.

You can do it!

Aren't you going into the equivalent of 12th grade next year?

superfictious
Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Liked in: 180 posts
Title: superfictious.wordpress.com

Postby superfictious » Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:36 am

Good work, Forbie!

billyzoom666
cheese

Postby billyzoom666 » Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:42 am

Just remember, apply and get accepted into college early, so that you can skip school, smoke pot, drink beer and chase women for the last year and half or so.

Oh wait, shit, I forgot, that's probably the opposite of good advice. My kids are so fucked when they come to me with questions. I'll have to rely on the old "Kids, do as I say, not as I do (or did)".

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:31 pm

Keb wrote:That's a bit much. My creative writing class last semester required a portfolio with all of our stories (we had three workshopped through the entire year) and all of our writing exercises. No page limits or any of that sillyness (although mine was probably about 40-odd pages now that I think about it because I wrote long weird stories to fuck with the people in my class because they were all prudish little English majors...).

You should have complained to the professor about time constraints.

I did they where ignored.

sdsichero wrote:

Zechs...is...

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum