Advertisement

Rossio In, Chu Out of Masters of the Universe

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 167 posts

Postby LOLtron » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:13 pm

The savior of "G.I. Joe", has left the project. In even worse news, it's now gained another writer whose credits include this summer's great disaster, "The Lone Ranger."

Source: 'Lone Ranger' Co-Writer Tapped to Write 'Masters of the Universe' (Exclusive)

This bit of news today feels like an  actual Frogurt situation. The in-developmental hell Masters of the Universe movie has a new writer, Terry Rossio (as revealed per The Hollywood Reporter). He joins a long list of other writers trying to bring life to a movie that now has no director. Jon Chu, who was once attached to direct the project has now dropped out, no doubt to direct G.I. Joe 3

It's obvious to this reporter Chu probably came to the realization that there would be no way he could ever top the original live-action Masters of the Universe (1989). So he dropped out. It's a realization many whom been attached to this project have come too.  How can you truly top cinema-pefection such as this:

The answer is simple, you just can't.

Written or Contributed by Zechs

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Advertisement

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 129 posts
Title: Deposted Despot
Formerly: Blight, Deacon Frost, Heinrich Himmler of S_D

Re: Rossio In, Chu Out of Masters of the Universe

Postby Zechs » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:20 pm

I only made this article as an excuse to post some Langella Skeletor. :-D

sdsichero wrote:
I especially like and admire Zechs. He's everything I wish I could be!

Dragavon wrote:Zechs... is...

Zechs...is...

I can't say it. It's too horrible. Zechs...is...not...wrong...

HNutz
PЦИKЧ ВЯЁ&#106

Liked in: 391 posts

Postby HNutz » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:22 pm

Supposedly he also helped write the Pirates movie or something.

Juan Cena
DANG!

Liked in: 80 posts
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning

Postby Juan Cena » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:23 pm

You know Chu could have actually tried to do a real Masters of the Universe movie, instead of the original, which was really a Jack Kirby Fourth World movie wrapped in a MotU blanket.

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:29 pm

HNutz wrote:Supposedly he also helped write the Pirates movie or something.

Three of the four Pirates films and Godzilla. THE 1998 VERSION. :smt011

sdsichero wrote:

Zechs...is...

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:31 pm

Juan Cena wrote:You know Chu could have actually tried to do a real Masters of the Universe movie, instead of the original, which was really a Jack Kirby Fourth World movie wrapped in a MotU blanket.

We will never have a Jack Kirby Fourth World movie. The '89 movie was the best we'll ever get. You know what I say to be true. It'll also be the best version of Skeletor and He-Man. The casting will never be as ever aligned as they were then.

sdsichero wrote:

Zechs...is...

Draco x
FROGMAN

Liked in: 203 posts

Postby Draco x » Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:50 pm

So by hiring the wrong writer are they secretly hoping this movie bombs or something whenever it ever comes out?

GHERU

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 174 posts

Postby GHERU » Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:20 am

Draco x wrote:So by hiring the wrong writer are they secretly hoping this movie bombs or something whenever it ever comes out?

wasn't that the plot of the producers?
RUviews
Benderbrau wrote:Welcome to the Outhouse. Where civility means you're doing it wrong.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 43 posts
Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:54 am

They should just do a New Gods movie.

Jack Burton
biny little tird

Liked in: 31 posts

Postby Jack Burton » Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:18 am

I remember back in the late 90's there were rumors in Wizard about a Bruce Timm style New Gods animated movie from Warners. Too bad it never happened.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 43 posts
Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:52 am

Jack Burton wrote:I remember back in the late 90's there were rumors in Wizard about a Bruce Timm style New Gods animated movie from Warners. Too bad it never happened.

I suppose they basically just used those ideas in JLU's final season.

SporkBot
Rorshach Test Subject

Liked in: 168 posts
Title: Stupidity Immolator

Postby SporkBot » Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:06 am

Draco x wrote:So by hiring the wrong writer are they secretly hoping this movie bombs or something whenever it ever comes out?

Firstly, I don't know that he's the "wrong writer". Yes, he's been attached to some movies that may not have been great, but there are several of them were commercial successes (the first Pirates of the Caribbean, Aladdin, Shrek...none of the sequels, I noted).

Second, how many movies only have one writer? Furthermore, they're always going to deal with directors, executives, and sometimes even actors insisting on their own ideas making it into the film, regardless of if it makes sense or fits the narrative.

Third, a friend of mine mentioned some time ago that studios can tell if a movie is going to bomb before they release it; the example he used was Green Lantern. According to him, they'll screen the movie, fully aware of how bad it is, and send it to nationwide theatres anyway. Why? I'm not sure. One theory I have is that, depending on the property, they probably know there's an eager fanbase waiting and willing to see the film just to see it. And/Or, it's a way to recoup what they spent on MAKING the film on the first place. After all, if you spend $10 million making a movie, but you project making only $5 million releasing it, isn't making half back better than nothing from not releasing it?

I'm not saying Roccio is the perfect choice, or that I like/have seen all the movies he's worked on. I'm just saying that he doesn't seem to be so consistently bad that it means he's the sole reason a MotU flick will/could fail.

Draco x
FROGMAN

Postby Draco x » Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:43 pm

GHERU wrote:wasn't that the plot of the producers?

LOL. Good one! :-D :-D :-D

Draco x
FROGMAN

Postby Draco x » Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:44 pm

Jack Burton wrote:I remember back in the late 90's there were rumors in Wizard about a Bruce Timm style New Gods animated movie from Warners. Too bad it never happened.

Because Warner stupidly believes that almost all DC films should be about Batman, Superman or JLA.

Draco x
FROGMAN

Postby Draco x » Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:51 pm

SporkBot wrote:
Firstly, I don't know that he's the "wrong writer". Yes, he's been attached to some movies that may not have been great, but there are several of them were commercial successes (the first Pirates of the Caribbean, Aladdin, Shrek...none of the sequels, I noted).

Second, how many movies only have one writer? Furthermore, they're always going to deal with directors, executives, and sometimes even actors insisting on their own ideas making it into the film, regardless of if it makes sense or fits the narrative.

Third, a friend of mine mentioned some time ago that studios can tell if a movie is going to bomb before they release it; the example he used was Green Lantern. According to him, they'll screen the movie, fully aware of how bad it is, and send it to nationwide theatres anyway. Why? I'm not sure. One theory I have is that, depending on the property, they probably know there's an eager fanbase waiting and willing to see the film just to see it. And/Or, it's a way to recoup what they spent on MAKING the film on the first place. After all, if you spend $10 million making a movie, but you project making only $5 million releasing it, isn't making half back better than nothing from not releasing it?

I'm not saying Roccio is the perfect choice, or that I like/have seen all the movies he's worked on. I'm just saying that he doesn't seem to be so consistently bad that it means he's the sole reason a MotU flick will/could fail.

Well hopefully I will be wrong if this movie ever comes out.

leave a comment with facebook

Next

Return to The Asylum