Advertisement

RPGs...

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

sdsichero
2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Liked in: 872 posts
Title: Adventure is out there
Formerly: beta-ray

Postby sdsichero » Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:50 pm

Strict31 wrote:Mainly drawing and writing. Really got into KotOR and Oblivion. Trying to get into Gears of War 2, but it really ain't my cup of tea.

Cool. We gonna see some of your drawings?

I understand about the whole min/mxing stuff. Hate that (plus I am bad at math), just like to have fun. Liked the group I had right out of college, just a bunch of friends and were very casual about it. We would fudge if it suited the story. Miss that.

Advertisement

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:52 pm

sonny wrote:I played a ton of AD&D back in the day. Also played Dragonlance and Forgotten Realms. Played some TSR Marvel. CountD was also in the group. ;-)

Cool. How about nowadays?

Strict31
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 168 posts
Title: Ain't enough space bitches

Postby Strict31 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:53 pm

Jack Burton wrote:If you haven't played it you might like Mass Effect. It's got blue alien space bitches!

Yeah I played it. An entire race composed of nothing but highly open-minded space bitches. Who all love to wear skin-tight clothes. It's almost like this game was made by me.

It wasn't however, and the reason was obvious: no knife fights.

It did kinda sorta have zombies, though.

Oddly enough, I think Mass Effect is the sort of setting that would actually work better as a table top RPG instead of a console/computer RPG. The world they created is just too broad for one or two main characters. I mean, Krogans are cool, but the player will never likely play one. Having read one of the novels, it's clear this is a setting a hell of a lot bigger than a trilogy (presumably?) of console games can encompass.

"You must be proud, bold, pleasant, resolute,
And now and then stab, as occasion serves."

Edward II: Act 2 Scene 1, by Christopher Marlowe

CountD
Undead Member

Liked in: 1 post
Title: Senior Citizen
Formerly: t00lverine

Postby CountD » Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:53 pm

sonny wrote:I played a ton of AD&D back in the day. Also played Dragonlance and Forgotten Realms. Played some TSR Marvel. CountD was also in the group. ;-)

That group was frigging great, even though we didn't know what the heck we were doing.

Remember us keeping track of 'confirmed kills'? Snack runs?

8) :P

CountD
Undead Member

Postby CountD » Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:57 pm

Villains and Vigilantes.

Car Wars.

Top Secret (actually pretty fun)

Jack Burton
biny little tird

Liked in: 54 posts

Postby Jack Burton » Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:59 pm

Strict31 wrote:Oddly enough, I think Mass Effect is the sort of setting that would actually work better as a table top RPG instead of a console/computer RPG. The world they created is just too broad for one or two main characters. I mean, Krogans are cool, but the player will never likely play one. Having read one of the novels, it's clear this is a setting a hell of a lot bigger than a trilogy (presumably?) of console games can encompass.

Loved KOTOR and Mass Effect but I'd love to have played as an alien once in those games. Now clearly Mass Effect wouldn't have been possible since it's whole premise is about Humans stepping up to the plate. But KOTOR had no such excuse. I want to be a Wookie or Sullustan Jedi dammit!

In Mass Effect 2 it's be cool to play as a Krogan. Wrex certainly made me want to learn more about them.

daitong
penile prisoner

Liked in: 0 post

Postby daitong » Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:00 pm

CountD wrote:Villains and Vigilantes.

Car Wars.

Top Secret (actually pretty fun)

I miss those subs we used to get at the place near Consumers off Raritan RD.

Totally forgot about Villain and Vigilantes.

We were so clueless. I still have fond memories of Istan. That dude was bad ass.

CountD
Undead Member

Postby CountD » Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:04 pm

Istan from Calimshan.

btw, that sub place is still there, I think...

You prolly don't remember because Neal ran the top secret games (and we tried Call of Cthulu once, but it blew badly)... :-D

b.lumpkin
Twenty-Something

Liked in: 52 posts
Title: rebel from the waist down
Formerly: barrylincoln

Postby b.lumpkin » Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:09 pm

Strict31 wrote:Yeah I played it. An entire race composed of nothing but highly open-minded space bitches. Who all love to wear skin-tight clothes. It's almost like this game was made by me.

It wasn't however, and the reason was obvious: no knife fights.

It did kinda sorta have zombies, though.

Oddly enough, I think Mass Effect is the sort of setting that would actually work better as a table top RPG instead of a console/computer RPG. The world they created is just too broad for one or two main characters. I mean, Krogans are cool, but the player will never likely play one. Having read one of the novels, it's clear this is a setting a hell of a lot bigger than a trilogy (presumably?) of console games can encompass.
i played mass effect for an hour once
definitely awesome enough for me

the longest GURPS campaign i ever played was an Aftermath game, so it was all post apocalyptic. i need to get fallout 3 as a supplement since i dont RP no more.

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:16 pm

Strict31 wrote:Oddly enough, I think Mass Effect is the sort of setting that would actually work better as a table top RPG instead of a console/computer RPG. The world they created is just too broad for one or two main characters. I mean, Krogans are cool, but the player will never likely play one. Having read one of the novels, it's clear this is a setting a hell of a lot bigger than a trilogy (presumably?) of console games can encompass.

Time for you to start writing (and illustrating) the paper and dice version of this!

Nightfly
Staff Writer

Liked in: 9 posts

Postby Nightfly » Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:20 pm

My preferred system is HERO, currently on the 5th edition [revised].

Started playing D&D, then spent years w/ AD&D before moving to HERO, after comparing and contrasting it to GURPS.
I still buy books from multiple systems and just apply what I like to my HERO gaming.

Believe it or not I've actually never even tried a computer rpg (at least not a strictly turn based one). I can't help but find them too limiting.
I like making crazy characters with exotic weapons - shit like Hair Fu and Flying Guillotines :-D

I don't have the benefit of a regular gaming group at the moment, but I derive lots of joy from designing battle maps and tactical scenarios, as well as making new characters each month [to playtest my scenarios with].

I also get a kick out of translating, interpreting events and/or items from various media sources into the rpg math.
Follow me on Twitter for Entertainment news updates!
You have all the weapons you need... Now Fight!

BubbaKanoosh
2009 Most Valuable Poster

Liked in: 1149 posts
Formerly: BRBKanoosh

Postby BubbaKanoosh » Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:24 pm

Did anyone play Rifts?

BubbaKanoosh

Postby BubbaKanoosh » Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:24 pm

Comic_Doctor wrote:I loved Marvels' old RPG game set with the FASERIP layout. I was addicted to the books since I liked reading about everyone and every thing. I played a lot of RIFTS back in the early 90's too. They had a great system there.

I haven't played in years (aside from WoW online), but I've always wanted to. I always had a good time.

I shoulda scrolled down lol

I still have all the rifts books, and Marvel ROG books too!@ :-D

eyp
Fagorstorm

Liked in: 0 post

Postby eyp » Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:25 pm

BubbaKanoosh wrote:I shoulda scrolled down lol

I still have all the rifts books, and Marvel ROG books too!@ :-D

Where is the top villains list bubba?!?!?!?!?!

BubbaKanoosh

Postby BubbaKanoosh » Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:26 pm

eypcrew2 wrote:Where is the top villains list bubba?!?!?!?!?!

Jan 5th.

:-D

Keep your eyes peeled to teh front page.

Top 166 Villains.
30+ OPC members.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum