Advertisement

Rumor That Michael Jordan Will Play Johnny Storm Rumored to Be Confirmed

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Draco x
FROGMAN

Liked in: 201 posts

Re: Rumor That Michael Jordan Will Play Johnny Storm Rumored

Postby Draco x » Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:18 pm

syxxpakk wrote:
But we don't. Your Ben Affleck-comparison shows that you agree with my logic - you just don't understand that you do.

You said, quote, "The issue for me is not who plays Johnny Storm but how badly Fox will most likey fuck this new FF movie up again like the first 2." My point, ALL ALONG, is that it's ignorant of you to blame Fox. 20th Century Fox wasn't to blame, Tim Story, the writers, and other producers were. You should not think the movie might be bad because of the company in front of the titles. Fox has made just as many good movies as bad. It's not them you need to worry about. It's the people making the movie: Josh Trank, Simon Kinberg, etc. But you fail to get that point, for some reason.

I didn't miss that. It just has no relevance because I'm not talking about whether you will or won't like the movie. I'm talking about the reasoning you give for thinking you might not like the movie and why you shouldn't let your reasoning deter you because it's silly when you really look at it. Fox won't be responsible if this movie sucks - the people writing the script, the man directing it, and the actors portraying the characters will.

In summary, here is Syxx's "arguments":
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Advertisement

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 110 posts
Title: The Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:19 pm

Last edited by syxxpakk on Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

When you're as good as Chael, you can only call out people worse than you.

@syxxpakk on the Twitter.

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 539 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:21 pm

:lol:
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 35 posts
Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris

Postby Chris » Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:49 pm

Are draco and Spectre taking the same drugs?

Draco x
FROGMAN

Postby Draco x » Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:12 am

Chris wrote:Are draco and Spectre taking the same drugs?

Should I ask you and Syxx that same question after just reading this idiotic statement?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 35 posts
Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris

Postby Chris » Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:20 am

You are approaching Herald-levels of meltdown in this thread.

Draco x
FROGMAN

Postby Draco x » Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:36 am

Chris wrote:You are approaching Herald-levels of meltdown in this thread.

Yawn, another Herald-comparison-So predictable. Can it kill you to compare me to someone new now?

Strict31
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 166 posts
Title: Ain't enough space bitches

Postby Strict31 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:59 am

Cat-Scratch wrote:I had no problems with that. I had a problem that her "brother" (CAPTAIN AMERICA!!!) was not blonde (WTF?!?!) and could not pass for her brother in a million years. That and Grufford... that guy who was Horatio Hornblower who played Reed in the movies... bad casting. Alba looked white... with a tan...

Yes, it would have been better if they could have made at least an effort to cast performers who could reasonably pass for brother and sister. But Jessica Alba doesn't look white. She's looks like a mixed girl who's made every effort to pass for white. Which...hey...the bitch is hot and I don't really give a shit about much else. But if you're gonna cast a mixed race actress to play Sue Storm, is it really that difficult to find a mixed race actor to play her brother?

I guess they could have the same father but different mothers. Or one of them could be adopted. But shit, any hot, white actress in Hollywood could have done the exact same job Alba did. They could have cast any one of a dozen white women in that role.

But yeah, if you're gonna go ethnic and hope that no one knows Jessica Alba is half Latino, do your goddamned best to find someone who can realistically look like a sibling.

"You must be proud, bold, pleasant, resolute,
And now and then stab, as occasion serves."

Edward II: Act 2 Scene 1, by Christopher Marlowe

Rockman
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 262 posts
Formerly: AMS

Postby Rockman » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:54 am

Of course Fox is responsible when they release a bad movie.

I get what you're saying Syxx, but the studios hire the scriptwriters, casting directors and directors.

I'm not agreeing with Draco mind you but I do think that if Marvel had the FF rights we'd have a much better chance of getting a good movie.

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:29 am

Rockman wrote:Of course Fox is responsible when they release a bad movie.

I get what you're saying Syxx, but the studios hire the scriptwriters, casting directors and directors.

I'm not agreeing with Draco mind you but I do think that if Marvel had the FF rights we'd have a much better chance of getting a good movie.

First, let me preempt Draco's eventual "This" or "Couldn't have said it better myself"-post that's forthcoming.

You make a valid point here because you actually address what I'm saying, something Draco was incapable of doing. And in response to what you're saying, I can agree with you Rockman.

The thing is Fox has the same people behind this as the X-franchise, which he proclaims to love, so it still doesn't make sense what he's saying.

Rockman
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Rockman » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:37 am

syxxpakk wrote:
First, let me preempt Draco's eventual "This" or "Couldn't have said it better myself"-post that's forthcoming.

You make a valid point here because you actually address what I'm saying, something Draco was incapable of doing. And in response to what you're saying, I can agree with you Rockman.

The thing is Fox has the same people behind this as the X-franchise, which he proclaims to love, so it still doesn't make sense what he's saying.

Yeah

when you consider that the director this time around has one good superhero movie under his belt vs. Tim Story who was best known for Taxi and Barbershop before he did the FF, I don't think it is unreasonable to expect a better movie.

Like I said I get what you're saying, Tim Story is bad, the writing was bad, the casting was bad in the original franchises so yeah they're responsible for a bad film. I just blame the studio because they're the one who okayed everything.

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:00 am

Yeah I see what you're saying. I just wish Draco would have tried making that point last not, but I guess he was unable to - hence the numerous pictures.

Rockman
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Rockman » Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:16 am

Draco is a strange dude.

Wasn't he the one who thought the Batman in the Batman V Superman movie was supposed to be a continuation of the Burton films and played by Keaton?

Draco x
FROGMAN

Postby Draco x » Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:44 pm

syxxpakk wrote:

I love how you keep acting that you are this innocent victim and I am this Herald-lite bully whenever we disagree. The fact of the matter is that you have a tendency to nitpick or zero in on something I say and you keep hanging on to it and won't let it go until I completely agree with you. I was willing to meet you half way by saying I could be wrong and the new FF could be a good movie. But like I said you just had to flogging the dead horse into the ground.

Draco x
FROGMAN

Postby Draco x » Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:46 pm

Rockman wrote:Draco is a strange dude.

Wasn't he the one who thought the Batman in the Batman V Superman movie was supposed to be a continuation of the Burton films and played by Keaton?

And how is this any more embarassing than your Anti-Dan Slott Youtube rant?

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum