Advertisement

E! Says Star Wars Episode 7 WIll Be Original Story

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Nobama

Liked in: 63 posts

Re: E! Says Star Wars Episode 7 WIll Be Original Story

Postby Nobama » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:50 am

Lord Simian wrote:
Whereas I wasn't interested in a film adaptation of the Thrawn trilogy, and you shouldn't be either. Because Thrawn takes place, what, 5 years after Jedi? Means Luke and Leia should be what, mid 20's? Han would be mid 30's?

Ok then. Your choice would be having people in their 50's and 60's playing 20 and 30's, or a recast. And does anyone think a Han Solo not played by Ford would be acceptable?

This is tough for me to hear, because ever since I've seen the original trilogy when I was a kid I wanted to see what happened to Luke after Jedi. The expanded U provided that & that's what I want to see on the big screen. I want to see the Jedi Academy, Thrawn, the Palpatine clone, the evil Luke clone, Han & Leia's twins, etc.

I see no reason that couldn't be done properly. I've been thinking that ever since Tron Legacy came out & I saw what they did with Clu. By the time episode 7 is upon us the advances in CGI since Tron Legacy should mean there's no reason we shouldn't be able to see extremely convincing versions of young Hamill, Ford & Fisher along with their voices & true older selves on screen as well. Makeup alone can already accomplish that in both directions. Look at the makeup in X3 with the young Xavier & Magneto, look at the makeup in countless other movies that make actors look younger or older than they really are.

I guess I just don't see those actors' current ages as reasons why some of those stories couldn't be done.

Either way, if they make a sequel trilogy without Hamill, Ford and Fisher, I riot.

Advertisement

KingPagla
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 52 posts

Postby KingPagla » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:15 am

There's absolutely no reason the OT stars can't appear in ep 7 at their current ages.

HNutz
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 871 posts

Postby HNutz » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:19 am

lionel_luthor wrote:.

I see no reason that couldn't be done properly. I've been thinking that ever since Tron Legacy came out & I saw what they did with Clu. By the time episode 7 is upon us the advances in CGI since Tron Legacy should mean there's no reason we shouldn't be able to see extremely convincing versions of young Hamill, Ford & Fisher along with their voices & true older selves on screen as well.

Good point

Makeup alone can already accomplish that in both directions. Look at the makeup in X3 with the young Xavier & Magneto...

Less of a good point, IMO.

Nobama

Postby Nobama » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:28 am

HNutz wrote:Less of a good point, IMO.

Lol, I was speaking strictly from an FX standpoint. The movie was clearly the worst thing that's ever been on the big sreen.

3MJ

Postby 3MJ » Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:01 pm

Good.

Timbales

Happy Pony Day!

Liked in: 3 posts
Title: Namaste, mother fucker
Formerly: timberoo

Postby Timbales » Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:35 pm

Why would they adapt post movie novels? Star Trek never did.
However, Liefeld is an enigma wrapped in a pouch-filled, muscular, footless conundrum.
Written or Contributed by ThanosCopter

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 308 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Postby fieldy snuts » Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:27 pm

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2012/11/02/s ... othy-zahn/

Timothy Zahn gives his 2 cents about what role he thinks his books would play into a sequel trilogy.

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 428 posts
Title: Maple Leaf Ninja

Postby Stephen Day » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:23 am

lionel_luthor wrote:This is tough for me to hear, because ever since I've seen the original trilogy when I was a kid I wanted to see what happened to Luke after Jedi. The expanded U provided that & that's what I want to see on the big screen. I want to see the Jedi Academy, Thrawn, the Palpatine clone, the evil Luke clone, Han & Leia's twins, etc.

I see no reason that couldn't be done properly. I've been thinking that ever since Tron Legacy came out & I saw what they did with Clu. By the time episode 7 is upon us the advances in CGI since Tron Legacy should mean there's no reason we shouldn't be able to see extremely convincing versions of young Hamill, Ford & Fisher along with their voices & true older selves on screen as well. Makeup alone can already accomplish that in both directions. Look at the makeup in X3 with the young Xavier & Magneto, look at the makeup in countless other movies that make actors look younger or older than they really are.

I guess I just don't see those actors' current ages as reasons why some of those stories couldn't be done.

Either way, if they make a sequel trilogy without Hamill, Ford and Fisher, I riot.

Except the technique was so expensive that they could only afford to de-age one character. That's the reason why Tron had to be completely covered up and played by a stuntman instead of Bruce Boxleitner. The problem isn't a technological thing, but a time and manpower thing. The technique has to involve going over the film frame by frame, changing each frame involving the actor being de-aged individually -- that's why it's so expensive. Technology won't have advanced enough within the next few years to eliminate that problem

Thank you Troy for the sig

leave a comment with facebook

Previous

Return to The Asylum